CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my opinion: The MS family *believed* the police were NOT doing enough to find the family. Their actions, in the following days/weeks after they missing seems normal to me. MM was doing everything he thought possible, IMO, to find his brother and family. The mother, HOPING they went somewhere was simply trying to clean the house of the terrible smell she experienced?

It had to have been so hard and confusing. Not to mention painful.

CM told SDSO Inv's he did NOT drive the Trooper, yet we have DNA on the wheel, gear shift & console. I *guess* we need an expert on how many x's DNA can be x-ferd?

His DNA was also NOT found in places where you would expect to find it. So that means he is innocent then, right? :p Chase was a big guy, it's not unreasonable to think that he bumped into some of those areas from the passenger seat. It's also possible that Joey asked him to hand him something while driving and transfer occurred that way as well. IMO the Trooper DNA evidence isn't all that damning or important. We will have to wait and see what the jury thinks. :)

CM told SDSO Inv's he did NOT drive the Trooper, yet we have DNA on the wheel, gear shift & console. I *guess* we need an expert on how many x's DNA can be x-ferd?

Before it gets repeated too much, it wasn't the gear *advertiser censored* AND the console. The gear shift, console, and controls were all swabbed ... with ONE swab and he was found to be a trace contributor. It could have been one of those areas or all. Why they did a collective swab is friggen beyond me! I had never heard of that before! They also swabbed the doors... no Chase DNA. So how does he get in or out of the truck without leaving DNA, yet leaves minor and trace amounts in it?

ETA... that is supposed to be gear SHIFT... pfft one typo and I get caught lmao

His DNA was also NOT found in places where you would expect to find it. So that means he is innocent then, right? :p Chase was a big guy, it's not unreasonable to think that he bumped into some of those areas from the passenger seat. It's also possible that Joey asked him to hand him something while driving and transfer occurred that way as well. IMO the Trooper DNA evidence isn't all that damning or important. We will have to wait and see what the jury thinks. :)

Chase was 6'2"; Joey was 5' 8" (I think); Summer 5' 2". If Summer was the usual passenger, I would imagine when Chase road shot-gun, he had a lot of adjusting to do. He could have touched all kinds of things in that car just to get the seat right.

Before it gets repeated too much, it wasn't the gear **** AND the console. The gear shift, console, and controls were all swabbed ... with ONE swab and he was found to be a trace contributor. It could have been one of those areas or all. Why they did a collective swab is friggen beyond me! I had never heard of that before! They also swabbed the doors... no Chase DNA. So how does he get in or out of the truck without leaving DNA, yet leaves minor and trace amounts in it?

Thank you. Good points.

Yes. Thank you. You understand.

I think that this is a real possibility. And depending on what we find out, this will be a determining factor for me in whether I believe Chase is complicit in these murders.

The state's theory is on its head. I don't buy the narrative at all. It seems implausible. But if Joey didn't set up the accounts the way I'm assuming-then I would be inclined to think Merritt guilty of something. BUT if Joey did set up the accounts as you have laid out, then I believe he was just accessing the records and check writing as Joey instructed him to.

But WHY would CM call in as JM to Cancel the QB's account? Seriously, why would h e do that days after we now know they were murdered?

But WHY would CM call in as JM to Cancel the QB's account? Seriously, why would h e do that days after we now know they were murdered?

If Chase is innocent, then he had no way of knowing Joey wouldn't be around after that Thursday. If someone goes missing, suddenly that way, it's hard, at first to know what to do. Like you said, the family members also were stumbling around trying to figure out whether to operate as if Joey would return, or they should take actions as if he wouldn't.

Let me just say... I am thankful that there are posters here willing to challenge the norm and challenge the prosecution theories. I understand that some just no way, no how can believe that CM didn't do this. I also suspect that most that believe that, have always thought he did, from day 1. I have done a lot of thinking and I am really not as sure as I was on Day 1 of the trial. I know I know... there is lots more to come, but I think that if the defense can even show half of what they have said in their OS's, it might be enough. JMO I didn't recall the QB's info or the email info... I had looked for patterns with the QB's access and Joey on the phone... funny, I was looking at it like maybe Chase was there and they were doing it together on those first few days in February (remember McGyver said Chase was there those days), but the defense saying there is always a call right after, just gives me more to think about *sigh* I would sure like to know who deleted Joey's voicemails!!!!

If Chase is innocent, then he had no way of knowing Joey wouldn't be around after that Thursday. If someone goes missing, suddenly that way, it's hard, at first to know what to do. Like you said, the family members also were stumbling around trying to figure out whether to operate as if Joey would return, or make plans the other direction.

But $$$ makes the world go round. WHY would CM want to cancel that?

Something I'm perplexed about. Chase successfully remotely accessed Joey's QB Custom account to create/print/delete checks on both Feb 1 and Feb 2. He successfully cashes one of the checks that he created on Feb 2.

So on Feb 4, after he allegedly murdered the family, why would he hang around the home on Joey's computer creating a check and then deleting it? It couldn't have been a "practice run" because he already had done all this days ago. Also, I can't imagine it would have been a priority on his mind at that particular time, having just bludgeoned a family of 4??? Especially since he already knew how it worked? Any thoughts?

But $$$ makes the world go round. WHY would CM want to cancel that?

As I said before, but you weren't "buying it", if Chase is innocent (please note the the use of "if") if Chase is innocent, what I believe he was doing was cancelling the on-line Custom account, in order to transfer the data to desktop. I actually don't think he was doing anything with the Contacts account. I think there might have been a misunderstanding between Chase who doesn't work much with computers, and Baker, who frankly came off as not exactly, patient.

Something I'm perplexed about. Chase successfully remotely accessed Joey's QB Custom account to create/print/delete checks on both Feb 1 and Feb 2. He successfully cashes one of the checks that he created on Feb 2.

So on Feb 4, after he allegedly murdered the family, why would he hang around the home on Joey's computer creating a check and then deleting it? It couldn't have been a "practice run" because he already had done all this days ago. Also, I can't imagine it would have been a priority on his mind at that particular time, having just bludgeoned a family of 4??? Especially since he already knew how it worked? Any thoughts?

Even if Chase is guilty, I don't think he wrote that check. UNLESS, it was from another location and the computer analysis is off.

As I said before, but you weren't "buying it", if Chase is innocent (please note the the use of "if") if Chase is innocent, what I believe he was doing was cancelling the on-line Custom account, in order to transfer the data to desktop. I actually don't think he was doing anything with the Contacts account. I think there might have been a misunderstanding between Chase who doesn't work much with computers, and Baker, who frankly came off as not exactly, patient.

But WHY cancel it, IF you had NO IDEA what happened to your boss? It DOESN"T make sense, no matter how you slice the pie, IMO.

Let me just say... I am thankful that there are posters here willing to challenge the norm and challenge the prosecution theories. I understand that some just no way, no how can believe that CM didn't do this. I also suspect that most that believe that, have always thought he did, from day 1. I have done a lot of thinking and I am really not as sure as I was on Day 1 of the trial. I know I know... there is lots more to come, but I think that if the defense can even show half of what they have said in their OS's, it might be enough. JMO I didn't recall the QB's info or the email info... I had looked for patterns with the QB's access and Joey on the phone... funny, I was looking at it like maybe Chase was there and they were doing it together on those first few days in February (remember McGyver said Chase was there those days), but the defense saying there is always a call right after, just gives me more to think about *sigh* I would sure like to know who deleted Joey's voicemails!!!!

I appreciate that you seem able to look equally at both sides of the argument. That is a talent that I wish I possessed more of.

But WHY cancel it, IF you had NO IDEA what happened to your boss? It DOESN"T make sense, no matter how you slice the pie, IMO.

But at that point IF he is innocent, he doesn't know that Joey won't be coming back. As far as he knows, Joey has only been absent for the weekend-and Joey would take off with the family unannounced. Many friends and family testified to this.

I recall back in the case of Scott Peterson (and even a couple prior cases) - Mark Geragos (criminal defense attorney) actually had like a war room of people posting on various forums trying to sway the public and jurors in Scott's favor. It was crazy! So, I don't think it's off the wall to consider that probably happens in other cases as well.

It does happen, but I don't think that is the case here. I hope we are all cautious about accusing someone (not saying you are) of being a shill, I saw a lot of that on the Making A Murder forum... that didn't end well LOL (it's been closed).

I don't think JMarsh is alone with thinking CM is possibly not guilty, and she (?) has been very respectful IMO and just isn't backing down lol I can respect that! I for one have been given more to think about, and after today's discussion, I understand QB's better and now really can't wait to hear more in the trial!

This case has always had so many different theories, it's been an odd one for sure. I liked it much better when I thought they were living the life in the hot weather, hiding out from everyone! :(

But at that point IF he is innocent, he doesn't know that Joey won't be coming back. As far as he knows, Joey has only been absent for the weekend-and Joey would take off with the family unannounced. Many friends and family testified to this.

That doesn't answer WHY, IMO. Seriously, explain WHY CM would call QB's to cancel the account? I thought YOU said he had access to it?

As an isolated incident, it doesn't look good. But if he called the day before and asked how to transfer the online account to a desktop account and then the next day inquired about deleting the online account when that was done... it's not so out of the ordinary. And that's according to Baker... the QB customer service rep. It was actually quite common. Baker didn't have the benefit of knowing about the call the day before... I do wonder why they didn't call the customer service rep from the previous day first before Baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga