DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete

Last edited:
Richard K. De Atley on Twitter
Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 4m4 minutes ago
On the witness stand this morning is Jennifer Michley, former Fallbrook neighbor of the McStays; she is now from out of state, and was called this morning before Michael McStay resumes his testimony.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay -Jury is in . State calls Jennifer Mitchley. She lived on the same street as the McStay family in 2010.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 40s41 seconds ago
It was from a video surveillance camera that investigators in San Diego County got a short clip of a vehicle passing by her home the night of Feb. 4, 2010, the day prosecutors say the McStay family were slain in their home.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 33s33 seconds ago
She is telling Deputy District Attorney Melissa Rodriguez how the camera worked -- a motion sensor that would activate a recording of triggering event to a hard drive.

Last edited:
Man, I've spent hundreds of hours on this case. Driven past the McStay home. Visited the gravesite way back before the arrest - such a creepy experience.

I would NEVER have believed it was Merritt alone who slaughtered this family. Not that he hadn't the capability. Its just that I was sure, with so many greasy characters involved in the picture, that it wasn't Merritt alone.
Agree. I began following the case in Feb 2010 when the family disappeared. When we finally determined it wasn't a voluntary disappearance, CM was at bottom of my POI list. We had so many more logical theories than CM did it.

Force Ten,
I'm trying to understand your comment from the previous thread (i was unable to bring it over here?) regarding what you said abt Joey being buried after the 'clean up and Trooper being moved'.......would you explain further, please? thx

Here's my original posts:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/trial-january-7th-2019.410396/page-27#post-14702948

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/trial-january-7th-2019.410396/page-27#post-14703010

If this key is to the Trooper (which I certainly believe it is) the time of the Trooper being left at the border is problematic. The Trooper had to have been driven and abandoned, then Chase (or whoever) went back to bury the bodies putting the Trooper key in Joseph's pocket before burying. So where were the bodies? Still in the home? Did Merritt abandon the Trooper much earlier than the 8th if his phone pinged the Victorville tower on the 6th? Why are we just learning of this key and why, according to defense, have the DA not tested it to see if this goes to the Trooper's ignition? Or, is this a spare key?

Something of note, what appears to be the 2 padlock keys are both on what seems to be a ring with a tag. Why are all the keys not on one ring? Why did Joseph have it on him, was he planning on going to the storage unit? I couldn't see him carrying it around like that all the time.

Man, I've spent hundreds of hours on this case. Driven past the McStay home. Visited the gravesite way back before the arrest - such a creepy experience.

I would NEVER have believed it was Merritt alone who slaughtered this family. Not that he hadn't the capability. Its just that I was sure, with so many greasy characters involved in the picture (and one in particular), that it wasn't Merritt alone.

You and me both. Now all this new info is coming fast and furious, it's a lot to digest.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 24m24 minutes ago
She said she was contacted by law enforcement in the middle of February. She said they had noticed the surveillance camera and asked her about it. She said she looked through the videos "for hours" and was able to find something.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 21m21 minutes ago
"I looked through everything, night and day," she said. She said she found videos she thought important, called investigators and said she had footage she thought they would be interested in. She said the video system had problems with stopping recordings.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 19m19 minutes ago
She said she had video from Feb. 4, but then the next videos were from Feb. 14. System did not record from Feb. 5 to Feb. 14, she said.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 19m19 minutes ago
Detectives copied the video she did have to a drive. Michley said she did not contact anyone from the video company about the problem.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 17m17 minutes ago
Detectives came back and asked for her computer, she declined." I knew they could get the information off of it, rather than taking it," she said. If they insisted, she would have handed it over, Michley said.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 13m13 minutes ago
She said she was concerned for her security after the McStay family disappeared. Answered a question from Rodriguez that if the detectives had taken her computer, she would not be able to use her surveillance camera

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 9m9 minutes ago
Now showing videos in courtroom. A night view on Feb. 4, A vehicle with headlights on is caught briefly. "That's a car pulling of their driveway." she said.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 14m14 minutes ago
#McStay - Jennifer Mitchley's security cam picked up an image of a vehicle leaving the McStay home the night the family disappeared. Prosecutors say that was Merritt's truck.

DwfVL4LUcAAX_xh.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 55s55 seconds ago
Defense cross examination begins, James McGee asking Michley the questions. Asking about the neighborhood, which is backed against a canyon wall, and the acoustics in the area because of that. Also notes, Michley agrees, that houses are set close together, maybe 10 feet apart.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 2m2 minutes ago
"Did you ever hear any sounds of struggling or screaming or violence," during the week of the McStay's disappearance, McGee asks. Michley says no.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 6m6 minutes ago
#McStay - Video from Michley's security cam picked up this vehicle. During the defense opening they played the video with a demonstration of the height of the taillight saying it didn't match Merritt's truck. Prosecutors say this is Merritt's truck.

DwfYI3cUUAAYsbN.jpg

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 57s58 seconds ago
#McStay - Mitchley testifies the houses in that neighborhood are only about 10 ft apart. Under cross exam she is asked if she ever heard any screaming or struggling from that home the week the McStay's disappeared, she said no.

DwfZ3CgV4AAbTkK.jpg

The Trooper had to have been driven and abandoned, then Chase (or whoever) went back to bury the bodies putting the Trooper key in Joseph's pocket before burying. So where were the bodies? Still in the home?

***ok i get it...cause that's what I was thinking abt when you said that..."where'd he keep the bodies"

I find it so hard to believe that CM alone did this, I'm half expecting an accomplice to emerge during trial!!!
I admit to being shocked when CM was arrested. I was of the the SOSDDI belief (Some Other Shady Dudes Did It). When posters these days express hatred towards CM, my thought process just doesn't go there.

So far this trial is just a great example of how the passage of time can hinder fact finding. It’s really been a day and a half of watching people struggle to remember things from nearly nine years ago.

Imo.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 3m3 minutes ago
McGee goes over a Feb 3 daytime video, a white vehicle goes from left to right. He asks Michley if the video format can nail down the exact time the car went by Michley said no

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 3m3 minutes ago
Now a second video, the night video, more than 11 minutes long because a spider web set off the camera before the vehicle with headlights on passes by, late in the video.

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 35s36 seconds ago
McGee say he notes there is a jump in video; Michley says it looks like she turned on the porch light about then. She said she believed she turned it on because she heard noises that she can't describe, image from camera was not good, so she turned on light.

So far this trial is just a great example of how the passage of time can hinder fact finding. It’s really been a day and a half of watching people struggle to remember things from nearly nine years ago.

Imo.
Speedy Trial Clause - Wikipedia

"The speedy trial clause protects defendants from waiting more than a certain amount of time for a trial.".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow