Caucasian male
Born 5 April 1959
5 feet 8 inches tall
155 pounds
Brown hair and eyes
Last contact 4 March 2006
Last known location Humboldt County CA

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/porchlightusa/2006-poschman

Poschman had been visiting his father in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2006, and decided to return home to Humboldt County when he disappeared. (Sounds like he may have been hitchhiking.)

In 2008, a park visitor's dog found a femur in Cooper Gulch. A search for further remains was unsuccessful at that time. In April 2012, the thigh bone was identified as Poschman by a match with his father's DNA.

In early August 2012, a deputy coroner accompanied by volunteers with cadaver dogs, searched the area after it had dried out. This search was also unsuccessful in finding his remains.

Both means and cause of death of Jon Walker Poschman remain unknown. In tandem with the search for his remains, the searchers were also looking for remains of Christopher Alekseiwicz. That search was also unsuccessful.

Deputy Coroner Van Buskirk said the dogs did pick up some indications of human decomposition, and remarked that there were a couple of areas that needed to cleared of brush and debris, then checked further.

Source: Willits News website, 1201 AM 12 August 2012. (Bad URL--has been redirected to an ad.)

Jon Walker Poschman
Caucasian male
Born 5 April 1959
5 feet 8 inches tall
155 pounds
Brown hair and eyes
Last contact 4 March 2006
Last known location Humboldt County CA

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/porchlightusa/2006-poschman

Poschman had been visiting his father in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2006, and decided to return home to Humboldt County when he disappeared. (Sounds like he may have been hitchhiking.)

In 2008, a park visitor's dog found a femur in Cooper Gulch. A search for further remains was unsuccessful at that time. In April 2012, the thigh bone was identified as Poschman by a match with his father's DNA.

In early August 2012, a deputy coroner accompanied by volunteers with cadaver dogs, searched the area after it had dried out. This search was also unsuccessful in finding his remains.

Both means and cause of death of Jon Walker Poschman remain unknown. In tandem with the search for his remains, the searchers were also looking for remains of Christopher Alekseiwicz. That search was also unsuccessful.

Deputy Coroner Van Buskirk said the dogs did pick up some indications of human decomposition, and remarked that there were a couple of areas that needed to cleared of brush and debris, then checked further.

Source: Willits News website, 1201 AM 12 August 2012. (Bad URL--has been redirected to an ad.)
I'm a friend of Jon's.

We call him Jungle, most of his friends do.

I am desperate for information, and for ways to help.

If anyone knows any way in which I can help in the search, and, or advocate for my friend,

please let me know.

Thank you.

PS--
Does this mean that his femur was found in 2008???

It took FOUR YEARS to identify his remains?

I'm really curious about the remains of the other man found there, in Cooper Gulch, as well.

I always took the fact that they found two bones, one each, from two missing men, in the same place, as probable evidence that both fell prey to a serial killer.

I am very curious as to any developments in that, or ANY direction.

Years later, I got information that suggested a serial
killer.

I finally shared it with the cop assigned to Jungles case.

He did not seem overly concerned.

I am happy to share it here, if it might of any help in solving Jungle disappearance & death (by, I believe, murder ).

Thank you.❤

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismith93
Back