DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First comparison photo I made didn’t work

Attachments

• ADD5C630-2391-498A-B79B-9192C2348C02.jpeg
    ADD5C630-2391-498A-B79B-9192C2348C02.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 36
Yes, I can see enough similarities for it to be possible. No idea how she would have made it across the country, but her life and her friendships all seem so mysterious.

One thing that seems interesting to me is the interesting, particularly catchy coordinating outfit. Julie worked in a clothing store in California.

I sent an e-mail to the contact person. I did the same when I thought another UID in California shared many characteristics with Julie when her file was first mentioned, and never heard anything. I know this is common, and maybe I'm way off base, but I have read Eklutna Annie was believed by some to have been from California, and I can see the possibility here.

If any of you want to submit it, please do! I might have done something wrong, or maybe just didn't present it properly. Maybe the newer sketch could help?

There are some similarities between Julie and the Bahia Honda Unidentified as well.If she had been near sun and sea, I could see her hair appearing auburn from the photos we have here.

Of course we would need to explain how she was on the other coast, the missing time, etc. but for comparison:

Original.jpg 248251-6d9f760334f30a95b6b1fcbe3e579831.jpg 251962-0175d2468740689da402fb9b9444c771.png 248246-291993d36ce234324d93bee5d7dab75e.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ok. I found the necklace. Hmm....It IS a pendant though. We have that same photo here, it is just cropped. I do not want to post anything that results in the thread being shut down, or posts deleted though.

Edited: You know, she is actually wearing that pendant in more than one photo, and it IS a reddish stone.

Could be a ruby birthstone pendant given her birthdate. Seems like something she'd heave kept near and dear since she is wearing it in multiple pictures.

That seems very possible.

I still wonder about Julie and Eklutna Annie.....

I'm not willing to rule her out, though Eklutna Annie was described as having strawberry blonde hair. I wish, considering the recent cold case successes in familial DNA, that they'd put an express lane in the DNA sequencing for ALL the does in the US.

I'm not willing to rule her out, though Eklutna Annie was described as having strawberry blonde hair. I wish, considering the recent cold case successes in familial DNA, that they'd put an express lane in the DNA sequencing for ALL the does in the US.

Agree!

I had not heard strawberry blonde hair before. I read light brown, and one source mentioned a reddish tint. I would think of that color as auburn? Hair is pretty easily changed though, and experimenting with "Sun In" or dye could give all kinds of results.....

ETA: NOW I see the poster mentioning reddish-blonde...gee...How did I miss that??

(I have strawberry blonde hair, for context. I think of that color as more like tennis player Boris Becker to actress Nicole Kidman.)

Returning to family thinking on this case; Julie's father seems to have died in 2020 and, like his father's obit from 2007, makes no mention of Julie. To be fair, the obituary only refers to his last wife and his parents and siblings, so it is possible all other family members (or former family members) were omitted simply because of the type of obituary. I have to say that having read the obituary I rather liked the sound of him. Anyone who gets sacked as a teacher in the early 60s for teaching 'Catcher in the Rye' and goes on to be arrested with Martin Luther King in Selma seems to be interesting and have some good qualities.

Looking at the various Ancestry records Julie seems to have been the daughter of a young relationship (her mother was listed as a student in Sacramento in 1961 when they married) and the marriage was in Carson City. So a rather old fashioned family (and I do not know if they were) may have not been happy and may explain the reluctance to talk.

None of this takes matters further, but it may provide some context to family attitudes.

This is a bit off the timeline estimate for Julie, but as it is partial skeletal remains only, I wanted to note. The unidentified was found in Applegate, California in Jan, 1985, and believed to be a teenaged girl. Fabric thought to be polyester pants was also nearby, which to me fits with the 1970s better than the 1980s.

On a map, Applegate and Placerville are only abt 35 miles apart by one highway.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Julie disappeared in 1977 but was not reported missing until 2019!!!! Why!!??
Grandfather didnt want the publicity I read...
Very, very odd circumstances

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aat84
Back