CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, it is a quote from Mono County Sheriff Ingrid Braun in the article and I don’t think they made that up. I have read in several places that LE says the witness sightings are credible. I’m just bringing forward factual information here. LE states they believe that she did in fact walk away from her home. Doesn’t mean they are 100% correct, but they have publicly stated that’s what they believe happened.

Sheriff Braun is part of the problem IMO. The witnesses are easily debunked. They have been abusing their position because they know their word will be respected by the public. You are an example of that because you clearly have the utmost faith in LE but take away their badge, theyre no different than you nor i. Lots of people lie, even those with a badge, especially when their job may be on the line. IMO.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's very likely she met someone she knows at Highway 6. That would have left phone records or social media communication that the police/FBI would have figured out by now.

I think there's several possibilities #1 being the most likely and decreasing from there:

1. She was abducted by a stranger. Kind of a coincidence that she went missing right at the Highway 6 intersection however.

2. The step mother and/or father killed her. The family has been very untruthful and seems to know more than what they are leading on. Explains the lying an the lack of evidence and leads. Really my problem with this theory is the lack of motiv and too many witnesses and the dog scent that would have to have been fabricated.

3. Her biological mother picked her up at highway 6 and hiding her. Theory that was going on when Karlie first disappeared. Should have left a social media/phone call foot prints though.

4. A friend or her boyfriend picked her up and ran away or the friend ended up abducting her or she ran away. Again should have left social media/phone call foot prints though unless it was preplanned days before teens doing something at 6am? Not too likely.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's very likely she met someone she knows at Highway 6. That would have left phone records or social media communication that the police/FBI would have figured out by now.

I think there's several possibilities #1 being the most likely and decreasing from there:

1. She was abducted by a stranger. Kind of a coincidence that she went missing right at the Highway 6 intersection however.

2. The step mother and/or father killed her. The family has been very untruthful and seems to know more than what they are leading on. Explains the lying an the lack of evidence and leads. Really my problem with this theory is the lack of motiv and too many witnesses and the dog scent that would have to have been fabricated.

3. Her biological mother picked her up at highway 6 and hiding her. Theory that was going on when Karlie first disappeared. Should have left a social media/phone call foot prints though.

4. A friend or her boyfriend picked her up and ran away or the friend ended up abducting her or she ran away. Again should have left social media/phone call foot prints though unless it was preplanned days before teens doing something at 6am? Not too likely.
I’ll add another possibility

She walked away and ended up perishing in the desert. The problem with this is that there were search crews out very quickly including helicopters so it’s hard to think they would have missed her. But possible

Not sure what you mean by it being a coincidence she went missing at the Highway 6 intersection?
I think she was picked up by a stranger at the highway and imo that is the theory that the FBI & the sheriff are operating under per their most recent press conference.

Not sure what you mean by it being a coincidence she went missing at the Highway 6 intersection?
I think she was picked up by a stranger at the highway and imo that is the theory that the FBI & the sheriff are operating under per their most recent press conference.
I think it's a bit of coincidence she disappeared at the intersection and not somewhere in between or after she made a turn on Highway 6 and part way to whatever her destination, I imagine she would be going south towards Bishop, almost like she told someone lets meet at that intersection. What press conference was that? I watched the 1 year press conference the Sheriff and the FBI didn't mention that.

Last edited:
I’ll add another possibility

She walked away and ended up perishing in the desert. The problem with this is that there were search crews out very quickly including helicopters so it’s hard to think they would have missed her. But possible

Steve Fossett's body was found in Mammoth (which is within 40 minutes or so of Bishop), it was surprising how little remains there were because the animals ate him they could barely get DNA evidence.

Last edited:
Animals aren’t breaking down a body within 2 or 3 hours of someone last being seen. Like others have said, they had helicopters and scent dogs up right away.

My other thing is, what are the odds that someone was driving down Highway 6 with the capability and intentions to harm someone at the exact same time Karlie made it to the Highway? Seem pretty astronomical to me. Or at the very least, unlucky.

Where did you get the information on the scent dogs?
Thank you for keeping me honest again and making me re-evaluate my assumptions. I had assumed that, as it was being stated as fact on here, it came from a reputable source. I have since only found it on that crime blog that is so heavily biased it can't be trusted.

Dropping that question, can you expound upon what you think actually happened to Karlie and why you don't believe the wooder and Mr Dutton? (You've already made it clear why you don't believe Mr Eddy, though I disagree with your opinion there).

I think it's a bit of coincidence she disappeared at the intersection and not somewhere in between or after she made a turn on Highway 6 and part way to whatever her destination, I imagine she would be going south towards Bishop, almost like she told someone lets meet at that intersection. What press conference was that? I watched the 1 year press conference the Sheriff and the FBI didn't mention that.
I think the last sighting might have been at the intersection. We don't know if that was where she went missing.

The same press conference. They mentioned the sightings of Karlie walking to the Highway. The Sheriff, FBI & family pleaded for help to bring her home. I assumed they were operating under the theory she made it to the highway. It's my theory she was picked up by a stranger. Don't know. She could have turned around & walked back home. She could have been picked up by someone she knew. She could have gone to someone's home. jmo

The same press conference. They mentioned the sightings of Karlie walking to the Highway. The Sheriff, FBI & family pleaded for help to bring her home. I assumed they were operating under the theory she made it to the highway. It's my theory she was picked up by a stranger. Don't know. She could have turned around & walked back home. She could have been picked up by someone she knew. She could have gone to someone's home. jmo

It seems pretty unlikely to me she got picked up by someone she knew because there probably wasn't a phone call or text and to just randomly meet someone you know at the intersection doesnt seem as likely as some random abducting her. Also if she went back the hounds would have followed her scent.

Dont think there's any houses nearby by White Mountain Estates it's a nice housing track that's pretty secluded. From what I heard the builders planned to do more but then just didnt bother.

Last edited:
While scent dogs are incredible, they are not infallible. Just because they lost the scent does not mean that’s exactly where she was picked up. Dogs make mistakes. It’s not 100%. They are a great tool, but not an end all.

It’s highly possible she walked away, then when someone from her house saw she was not home they went looking for her and picked her up. Things could have gotten bad from there. I don’t think she would be gone this long if she were out there ok. She was a teenager without serious drug problems, no history of family abuse or running away, no real reason to up and voluntarily disappear (for this long anyways).

Thank you for keeping me honest again and making me re-evaluate my assumptions. I had assumed that, as it was being stated as fact on here, it came from a reputable source. I have since only found it on that crime blog that is so heavily biased it can't be trusted.

Dropping that question, can you expound upon what you think actually happened to Karlie and why you don't believe the wooder and Mr Dutton? (You've already made it clear why you don't believe Mr Eddy, though I disagree with your opinion there).

You are right. I aimed that question at the wrong person. It was definitely brought to light by others and I shouldve directed it to the source, not you.
So, with that said, @Topppps and @insearchoflight where did you see the information regarding the search dogs? Mono Sheriff only mentioned that they were planning to bring in search dogs but I never read any details regarding the outcome on this.
The wooder? I really cannot see how anyone could believe this witness account. How could he have been confirmed by LE? Melissa didnt know the guys name and im sure he didnt loiter around waiting to speak to LE for 6-10 hrs. Kind of hard to confirm an unknown persons account, especially when its confirmed by SM.
Dutton, he doesnt live in the Guses neighborhood anymore. Dont know much about him but im sure if I dig a little I can debunk him too. Just like Mr. Eddy.
@Oraclle, you can disagree all you want but I find it hard to believe that Richard Eddy Jrs dad comes to his sons house to use the jacuzzi @ 6:30am. He has his own home 20-30 mins away, a nicer one, and at 78 yrs old I cant imagine he would show up to his sons at that hour for a dip in the hot tub and a coffee. And im not buying that they have father son sleepovers either. Its not likely.

You are right. I aimed that question at the wrong person. It was definitely brought to light by others and I shouldve directed it to the source, not you.
So, with that said, @Topppps and @insearchoflight where did you see the information regarding the search dogs? Mono Sheriff only mentioned that they were planning to bring in search dogs but I never read any details regarding the outcome on this.
The wooder? I really cannot see how anyone could believe this witness account. How could he have been confirmed by LE? Melissa didnt know the guys name and im sure he didnt loiter around waiting to speak to LE for 6-10 hrs. Kind of hard to confirm an unknown persons account, especially when its confirmed by SM.
Dutton, he doesnt live in the Guses neighborhood anymore. Dont know much about him but im sure if I dig a little I can debunk him too. Just like Mr. Eddy.
@Oraclle, you can disagree all you want but I find it hard to believe that Richard Eddy Jrs dad comes to his sons house to use the jacuzzi @ 6:30am. He has his own home 20-30 mins away, a nicer one, and at 78 yrs old I cant imagine he would show up to his sons at that hour for a dip in the hot tub and a coffee. And im not buying that they have father son sleepovers either. Its not likely.
pQhZczR.png

If all the witnesses saw someone walking, I'm still going with it being SM wearing similar clothing to Karlie (whether accidental or on purpose).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD