Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the Sheriff's office.

"We have deployed multiple resources, including helicopters, scent dogs, Search and Rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhood and high-desert terrain."

They directly state they deployed scent dogs. I don't believe LE is under any obligation to disclose every detail of an investigation, particularly what the scent dogs may or may not have found.

I am linking the post directly again.
Mono County Sheriff's Office

Okay, so I missed that update but on that very same post it shows an earlier update from 10/14/18 @7am stating they are bringing in the scent dogs, and that is where i got my info from. I read the earlier update so I stand corrected. I dont know why but im unable to quote anything from that article otherwise I would gladly copy and paste it but to no avail. Weird.

Anyways, im not the one spreading the misinformation. Others are claiming search dogs detected her scent to the hwy so if you can provide a link from Mono Sheriff in regards to what is being argued then please do. I looked but all i could find was ACJ making these claims.

I know LE isnt required to inform the public of details regarding an investigation. I was never implying that LE has to disclose these results, all Im stating is that they didnt go public with the scent dog outcome. I wasnt able to locate anything from Mono in regards to that.

Last edited:
Okay, so I missed that update but on that very same post it shows an earlier update from 10/14/18 @7am stating they are bringing in the scent dogs, and that is where i got my info from. I read the earlier update so I stand corrected. I dont know why but im unable to quote anything from that article otherwise I would gladly copy and paste it but to no avail. Weird.

Anyways, im not the one spreading the misinformation. Others are claiming search dogs detected her scent to the hwy so if you can provide a link from Mono Sheriff in regards to what is being argued then please do. I looked but all i could find was ACJ making these claims.

I know LE isnt required to inform the public of details regarding an investigation. I was never implying that LE has to disclose these results, all Im stating is that they didnt go public with the scent dog outcome. I wasnt able to locate anything from Mono in regards to that.

I am aware of the 10/14/18 update from LE; the scent dogs being deployed post was made 10/15/18, so only one day later.

I am unaware of any confirmation by LE that scent dogs tracked her to the highway only that witnesses last saw her there. Maybe people are confusing the two things. Or I might not have read anything about that. It's been a full year, so not as much information is coming out like after the first few months she went missing. Also, to my knowledge, LE has not released any information on the helicopters, scent dogs, etc. findings, but again, it's possible, I haven't directly looked for information about the scent dogs finding anything.

I check regularly for updates but it's been a while since I have done a hard dig into Karlie.

She also changed her story about what happened that morning. Her very first story was that Karlie was asleep in her own room and she checked on her early in the morning and she was asleep. Then story changed to they were sleeping in same bed together.

It really is alarming to have multiple untruths or changing stories when your child is missing. It’s a red flag, for sure.

Exactly.
Its like she forgot that it was the weekend and not a weekday/school day.

I also want to add that I am happy at the very least that more than 1 year later Karlie is still being discussed and has not been forgotten! :)

This. I logged on and I was so happy to see there were new pages added to this forum. I’m hoping I can get some more info on the case here this week and share what I can. Karlie is still out there. We can’t stop talking about her.

This. I logged on and I was so happy to see there were new pages added to this forum. I’m hoping I can get some more info on the case here this week and share what I can. Karlie is still out there. We can’t stop talking about her.
The discussion doesn't seem to be about finding Karlie but more about trying to discredit all the information out there.

If information isn't coming from MSM, it shouldn't be discussed. Despite what I might think or believe happened to poor Karlie, a lot of this conversation seems to be centered on internet rumors and speculation. People are very much divided in what they think happened to Karlie, but until there is proof one way or another smearing certain family members, discrediting LE and or witnesses without definitive proof serves no purpose here on WS. If you can't share a link that is allowed without violating TOS, it's really not fair to bring up speculations to those of us trying to weed through the actual known facts of the case.

I am here for Karlie, and the hope closure and or justice will be brought.

If information isn't coming from MSM, it shouldn't be discussed. Despite what I might think or believe happened to poor Karlie, a lot of this conversation seems to be centered on internet rumors and speculation. People are very much divided in what they think happened to Karlie, but until there is proof one way or another smearing certain family members, discrediting LE and or witnesses without definitive proof serves no purpose here on WS. If you can't share a link that is allowed without violating TOS, it's really not fair to bring up speculations to those of us trying to weed through the actual known facts of the case.

I am here for Karlie, and the hope closure and or justice will be brought.
Perfectly said.

We don’t really know anything with a decent level of certainty other than that she’s missing. We are doing a disservice to her if we don’t consider every possibility until each one can definitively be ruled out or definitely proven. Until we can provide proof of something beyond a reasonable doubt, we should probably start policing ourselves and not posting about it until we have all the evidence that we can lay out for everyone.

Also, I do know Roxxi is working hard on this and we need to remember we all have the same goal: to bring Karlie home.

Well, thats hardly how it went down but arent you implying that people who smoke pot freak out and go hitchhike like its normal. People who smoke pot are not subject to such behavior. You are giving the SM too much credit if you ask me.
Karlie wasnt a stupid girl. Smoking pot did not make her freak out, she was freaked out by the SM showing up to that party, going off on her friends and humiliating her. She was scared of what kind of trouble she was in and by the outburst of SM, cant so i dont blame the kid for running off in fear.

thank you for posting that scenario. it resolves part of the timeline to karlies disappearance that didn't sit well with me. i remember being that age and doing things like drinking and smoking that i wasn't supposed to be doing. and the last thing i would have done in that scenario was call one of my parents to come and get me.

its interesting to me to note that in the details of here disappearance, the story starts at the party almost 12 hours before she was last seen.

Since they are offering a reward and also accepting tips, I believe they are, yes.

That is what I got from it too! Assuming the FBI is involved, I tend towards them, at the very least, going over reports and verifying the work local LE has already completed. I would think they went over the witness statements and did their own investigation since the FBI is also going with the last known whereabouts provided by the witnesses in the neighborhood. This should dispell some of the beliefs people are having as to the validity of the witness statements.

thank you for posting that scenario. it resolves part of the timeline to karlies disappearance that didn't sit well with me. i remember being that age and doing things like drinking and smoking that i wasn't supposed to be doing. and the last thing i would have done in that scenario was call one of my parents to come and get me.

its interesting to me to note that in the details of here disappearance, the story starts at the party almost 12 hours before she was last seen.

Im glad you noticed that something was off with this part of SM's story because when i first learned of it i felt the same way. It didnt sit well for good reason, it simply wasnt true.

Theres so much misinformation being spread that the truth never has a chance to surface. Its not fair to Karlie.

<snip to remove deleted post>
I believe her boyfriend said she was acting strangely. Dr. Phil said she was acting paranoid. Bringing this out is not victim bashing imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, for those of you that believe SM is responsible for Karlie being missing I can entertain that possibility. As I posted earlier I said I believe the witnesses that saw her walking to the highway. Also said she could have walked back home. I'll add in the possible her SM picked her up. My #1 theory is she was picked up by a stranger @ the highway. That being said, if you believe SM is responsible where is the evidence for this?

I believe her boyfriend said she was acting strangely. Dr. Phil said she was acting paranoid. Bringing this out is not victim bashing imo.
Roxxxi is just mad it doesnt fit her narrative which relies on allbthese people being in cahoots with step mom:

-Witness LE Eddy, which Roxxxi said is in the next town over, which there isnt one within 5 miles.

-other witness accounts

-American Crime Journal lying that the dogs traced Karlie's scent to Highway 6

-entire mono police/sheriff department

-FBI

Also roxxi making up stories that bloody garmets were suppressed from evidence. Whatever else it's a joke Roxxxi has turned this thread into conspiracy thread I haven't seen since Alex Jones tried to say Sandy Hook was faked. Alex Jones would be proud of her reasoning.

Okay, for those of you that believe SM is responsible for Karlie being missing I can entertain that possibility. As I posted earlier I said I believe the witnesses that saw her walking to the highway. Also said she could have walked back home. I'll add in the possible her SM picked her up. My #1 theory is she was picked up by a stranger @ the highway. That being said, if you believe SM is responsible where is the evidence for this?

Roxxxi: step mom lied and bloody garmets which I dont have a link for Reeeeeeee

I don't remember there being anything about bloody garments said before. Where is this coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD