CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> The interview was exactly what I expected the mom and her PIs making accusations against the step mom, without much meat on the bone in terms of evidence.

All they have are is some inconsistencies in step mom story but people said the same thing about Heidi Broussard's boyfriend. Bio Mom said she should have been taken to the hospital, well that might have been costly and the boyfriend smoked the same stuff and was fine. I choked on some chicken and had to call an ambulance, month later I get a $20,000 medical bill.

It's still a good possibility that Karlie was either abducted or she committed suicide she did call a suicide hot line a month before she went missing.

If she had taken Karlie to the hospital we might not be having this conversation. Money is really no object when it comes to the health and safety of your children, $20k or $200k really wouldn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tricia is a beacon in keeping these cases alive. Truly amazing.

She's also presenting things in a way that many find accessible (including millennials, who don't think much about crime or...death).

Tricia is a beacon in keeping these cases alive. Truly amazing.

She's also presenting things in a way that many find accessible (including millennials, who don't think much about crime or...death).

I think you're wrong here (respectfully).
As a millennial... I think you mean Gen Z. Millennials are born between 1983 and 2000.

I think you're wrong here (respectfully).
As a millennial... I think you mean Gen Z. Millennials are born between 1983 and 2000.
I agree! I was born in 1993, in war torn Croatia with grenades dropping every few days. As long as I can remember death and tragedy has been something I was familiar with. I think in any country, millenials were faced with a decaying world in a crisis.

Karlie Gusé: One year later, mystery surrounds teen girl’s disappearance as police consider ‘every possibility’
During a press conference on Thursday, the Mono County Sheriff’s Office announced that investigations into Karlie’s disappearance will continue. However, they still have had no viable leads or tips that have led to her whereabouts.

Mono County Sheriff Ingrid Braud said the case remains a missing person investigation but authorities are “considering every possibility.”

The only question asked by the media, was about the three witnesses who saw Karlie the morning she disappeared. Sheriff Braud said the witnesses are very credible, knew who Karlie was, and they have no reason to doubt to their accounts.

Where is Karlie Guse?

I live in Australia and just saw this on Dr Phil. In my opionion I think she was taken by a random passer by (driving along that isolated road) and sadly never to be seen again. 1. Pretty young girl 2.under the influence of unknown substance 3. walking a highway alone. There are a lot of predators out there and if only she had stayed at home in bed. The substance she was under the influence of took control and led her to wander away from home in the early hours. I truly hope justice will prevail and her family can bring her home to rest in peace.

The question not only remains where is Karlie Guse? It’s been over a year and half and still no viable leads. I fear someone knows something and is to afraid to say anything. That’s the problem if with cases like this, so this is a plea to anyone. If anyone knows anything no matter how small the tip, you could be the reason why this girl is found. So if anyone knows anything stand up so this case doesn’t go to the cold case files. No one deserves to go to the cold case files.

Potency of modern MJ is much higher than when I was 16. I tried edibles, a few years ago, and the effects of 1/2 of an infused brownie were disconcerting. I'm in my 50's and 2-1/2 times her size. I'm pretty familiar with, and heck, somewhat appreciative of, the effects of alcohol, but this was uncomfortable. I can see how a younger, smaller person could get in a rough condition, and sustain it for some time. But, 9 hours should have been enough time that she wouldn't wander out in the desert. If there were no further substances involved...

I personally don't buy the SM's story. Her car cleaning. Wearing the described clothing KG was said to have on, on her morning "search" could have been the alleged sightings. I thought the requests to call 911 were more urgently represented, earlier on?

Dad's "gone" struck me as hard as JT's "placed" comment.

Just from what I've read about this case...my two cents.
I tend to believe the witness sightings regardless of the rest of the story. I get the feeling that she set out walking in an East to South East direction from town..into the sun as it was rising.
I imagine her walking several miles off-road until she tired and then probably slept a very long time as her body caught up on the missed sleep. It's possible that she awoke many hours later disoriented and lost...possibly even walked in circles. JMO

I have no idea if and how dogs were used in this search.
But I wish that every state police agency would maintain a top-notch team of tracking scent dogs for use in cases like this...dementia patients..small children searches etc.
Dogs that have one purpose and are not cross trained for other duties would be best. There have been far too many failed dog searches through the years. Not saying that happened in this case...but since she was seen walking then a highly trained hound would have definitively known her direction and if and when her mode of travel changed.
A same day search by a well trained search dog would have found her quickly if she was just walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16