CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the SM say she left while she was sleeping? Perhaps that is what she was wearing the previous night? Perhaps she was just trying to give a description of what she usually wears.

Her step daughter just went missing while she was asleep. That is a high stress situation and very understandable if she wasn't 100% accurate.
Yes that would make sense but that’s not what happened. SM just guessed at the outfit but didn’t really know. Karlie was wearing a T-shirt and underwear in bed last time SM saw her. So she said skinny jeans and T-shirt just assuming she would not have left the house in underwear. But then eye witnesses saw Karlie in gray sweatpants. So SM changes story to she was wearing gray sweatpants. And another twist, the morning SM went looking for Karlie guess what SM was wearing!? Yup, gray sweatpants. It’s all very fishy JMO

Yes that would make sense but that’s not what happened. SM just guessed at the outfit but didn’t really know. Karlie was wearing a T-shirt and underwear in bed last time SM saw her. So she said skinny jeans and T-shirt just assuming she would not have left the house in underwear. But then eye witnesses saw Karlie in gray sweatpants. So SM changes story to she was wearing gray sweatpants. And another twist, the morning SM went looking for Karlie guess what SM was wearing!? Yup, gray sweatpants. It’s all very fishy JMO

Ok, so the police dog and witnesses were all mistaken?

There is very little fishy about it.

Ok, so the police dog and witnesses were all mistaken?

There is very little fishy about it.
Like I said, I don’t think SM was responsible but she did indeed IMO do some suspicious things. That’s it. These are facts. She did indeed change the story about the night before she disappeared (sleeping in the bed/ vs. Checking in on her in her room, and also change the clothing description). These are facts. She did that. It’s fishy, yes. That is all. I still don’t think she’s responsible as in a murderer. Could she have handled the situation differently and Karlie still be here, perhaps yes. Moo

Didn't the SM say she left while she was sleeping? Perhaps that is what she was wearing the previous night? Perhaps she was just trying to give a description of what she usually wears.

Her step daughter just went missing while she was asleep. That is a high stress situation and very understandable if she wasn't 100% accurate.

Then you would simply tell LE that you don't know what she was wearing because you were asleep. What you wouldn't do is make up an outfit and throw it out there as a fact.

my guess is because she’s a teenage girl doing drugs. the cases that get big publicity are the ‘angels.’ not saying it’s fair, but very obvious. poor karlie. i feel like no one has talked about her on a massive scale since dr phil

Missing children that stay in the public eye are because their family works their butts off to make sure the story stays alive. MG is fond of saying there is no playbook for a missing child. But that isn't really true. There is a ton of info out there from people like John Walsh. Missingkids.org etc First is never let people forget. Keep the story alive in the media. Which thankfully is easier to do now thanks to the internet.

Right now they should be arranging something for the 2 year anniversary of her going missing. Yet the official FB page is crickets. I just don't understand it. There are 3 parents that should be keeping this story alive and in the news.

I will continue to believe that the witnesses saw a female walking around that morning before it was fully daylight. Do I think it was Karlie? No, I think it was SM wearing same clothes Karlie would wear so the witnesses really believed they saw Karlie.

I will continue to believe that the witnesses saw a female walking around that morning before it was fully daylight. Do I think it was Karlie? No, I think it was SM wearing same clothes Karlie would wear so the witnesses really believed they saw Karlie.

I agree. Disagreeing that the witnesses did not actually see KG is not the same as discounting the witnesses or as one post accused 'calling them liars.'

Most recently, the commanding general of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command said three soldiers made an "unintentional mistake" when they reported seeing Spc. Vanessa Guillen leave an arms room on Fort Hood the night she was killed.

Three soldiers signed affidavits that they saw VG when in fact they were wrong about their sighting.

I agree. Disagreeing that the witnesses did not actually see KG is not the same as discounting the witnesses or as one post accused 'calling them liars.'

Most recently, the commanding general of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command said three soldiers made an "unintentional mistake" when they reported seeing Spc. Vanessa Guillen leave an arms room on Fort Hood the night she was killed.

Three soldiers signed affidavits that they saw VG when in fact they were wrong about their sighting.

This! I used to believe that the witnesses saw KG. But now I don't. Eye witness statements are notoriously unreliable. If you go back, initially MG didn't put much credibility in the witness statements. Then suddenly she was all on board. That is when she changed her statement on what KG was wearing.

I think as time went on; the witnesses got contaminated. I think they heard their own stories growing in the media etc and so their memories started growing with it. A very human thing to happen.

I feel like this case got lost in the first 48 hours. The police took this as a runaway situation instead of possibly being foul play. So the house wasn't really searched or treated as a crime scene. Then you have MG giving false info out in those precious first hours. Then you have witnesses statements that made LE totally buy into the "she ran away" scenario.

This! I used to believe that the witnesses saw KG. But now I don't. Eye witness statements are notoriously unreliable. If you go back, initially MG didn't put much credibility in the witness statements. Then suddenly she was all on board. That is when she changed her statement on what KG was wearing.

I think as time went on; the witnesses got contaminated. I think they heard their own stories growing in the media etc and so their memories started growing with it. A very human thing to happen.

I feel like this case got lost in the first 48 hours. The police took this as a runaway situation instead of possibly being foul play. So the house wasn't really searched or treated as a crime scene. Then you have MG giving false info out in those precious first hours. Then you have witnesses statements that made LE totally buy into the "she ran away" scenario.
BBM
I completely agree with you, particularly your last paragraph. Coming up on two years and from the family...crickets. We’ll never know the truth of what happened.

BBM
I completely agree with you, particularly your last paragraph. Coming up on two years and from the family...crickets. We’ll never know the truth of what happened.
There is still hope if Karlie is found we may be able to get her cause of death. That would be revealing and let us know some of the story. I do credit LE in this case for the vast searches they did very early on. They had helicopters, ground searches, dogs involved. They scoured the desert. I only hope they quietly investigated close to home as well. Since it’s an ongoing investigation they aren’t revealing those details. I’m holding onto hope that Karlie’s body will be found and give some answers.

BBM
I didn't follow this case closely like many of you did. But I was truly mystified by the drama and what I saw in the adults in Karlie's life. It reminded me of the Hailey Dunn case.

The circumstances were just weird from day one. When something isn't right in a missing person case, I think we intuitively know that. Whatever happened to Karlie began the night before she "ran away". There was something that happened that night and continued into the morning that needed to be covered up.

Adult parents of a missing teen don't conduct themselves the way it played out in Karlie's case if there is nothing to hide, they just don't. If there is something messy in the family, the concern for the kid overrides that.

JMO.

Agree. Especially since 2/3 didn't report any unusual manic issues or behavior. Remember that KG was running down the road when SM picked her up. If she was manic enough to leave then she would have appeared agitated, not just casually walking down the street.

Agree. Especially since 2/3 didn't report any unusual manic issues or behavior. Remember that KG was running down the road when SM picked her up. If she was manic enough to leave then she would have appeared agitated, not just casually walking down the street.

She ran away/left hours later? If it was some sort of drug influenced panic attack that was more than enough time for her to come "down."

She ran away/left hours later? If it was some sort of drug influenced panic attack that was more than enough time for her to come "down."
If she came "down" I don't think she would have left the house. She seemed to be far from calming down throughout the night according to SM.

If anything she could have run away 2-3+ hours before SM woke up.

I didn't follow this case closely like many of you did. But I was truly mystified by the drama and what I saw in the adults in Karlie's life. It reminded me of the Hailey Dunn case.

The circumstances were just weird from day one. When something isn't right in a missing person case, I think we intuitively know that. Whatever happened to Karlie began the night before she "ran away". There was something that happened that night and continued into the morning that needed to be covered up.

Adult parents of a missing teen don't conduct themselves the way it played out in Karlie's case if there is nothing to hide, they just don't. If there is something messy in the family, the concern for the kid overrides that.

JMO.
Very strange. I’ll never understand the SM’s odd behavior.

And, yes, reminiscent of Hailey Dunn’s case. It took a few years but Hailey’s remains were found. Ten years later, her father is still actively trying to get justice for his daughter.

Person of interest in high-profile Texas case has ties to New Mexico | KRQE News 13

Let's not forget also that SM went to have some kind of cosmetic car repair right in the early days of Karlie going missing. She said she damaged it while driving around looking for Karlie. Not that it means anything, I'm just throwing it out there as a reminder.

I believe that theory was discussed early on as being very valid, and still aligns with my own ideas. Without reason for lying, about several points, why do so?

I believe that theory was discussed early on as being very valid, and still aligns with my own ideas. Without reason for lying, about several points, why do so?
The only reason I can think of is a personality disorder that would include a tendency to lie and a lack of empathy for any damage it may cause. That could happen without anything being criminal.

If she came "down" I don't think she would have left the house. She seemed to be far from calming down throughout the night according to SM.

If anything she could have run away 2-3+ hours before SM woke up.

No she couldn't have run away 2-3 hour before. MG says she last saw KG at 5:30 5:45 (again the time changes) That is when she texts the boyfriend. He asks "is she okay?" and MG says "no not really" And then supposedly falls back asleep at 5:45 am

Then MG says she woke up at 7:15 (initially she said 6:30) and KG was "gone" Not missing. Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413