Found Deceased CA - Keith Anthony Jackson, 21, Los Angeles, 6 Aug 1979 *from England

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
Keith Anthony Jackson
5348DMCA.jpg
5348DMCA1.jpg
0AEC59B9-8D88-4C47-B270-C247E53BDF0D.jpeg

Case Classification:
Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 6, 1979
Location Last Seen: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Date of Birth: February 6, 1958
Race: White
Height: 5'7" - 5’8” (172 CM)
Weight: 141-154 lbs (64-70 kg)
Hair Color: Brown, Collar length
Eye Color: Gray/Green
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 4 inch scar on lower lumbar region (lower back). Jackson had a mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Jewelry: Gold chain with medallion bearing the Pisces (2 Fish).

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Keith Jackson left home in Manchester, England in August 1979 and it was his intention to visit the Los Angeles area of the U.S. for a six to seven week holiday. Aproximately 1 month later he rang home and informed his mother that he was in the Los Angeles area and had visited Disneyland and would be returning home in approximately 2 weeks time. He gave no indication that anything was wrong and was his usual self. He failed to return home and has not been heard from since. His father placed notices in the Los Angeles area - asking for his Son to make contact but without success.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Greater Manchester Police
Contact Person: Julie Potts Missing Person Officer
Number: 44 0161 856 8499 07554 331 091 (mobile)
E-Mail: julie.potts@gmp.pnn.police.uk
Case Number: MP/04/0000060

Agency Name/Phone #: Anaheim Police Department 714-765-1990
Case Number: 21119460

No dental, no DNA but fingerprints available, does that mean he has a police record of some type? Wonder if there is any more information about him to be found.

No dental, no DNA but fingerprints available, does that mean he has a police record of some type? Wonder if there is any more information about him to be found.
Nothing that I’ve found so far unfortunately. There are a couple of Does who could fit his description but none stand out to me.

It was very unusual back then for someone from England to visit California for so long.
I could understand it if he was on a hippy trail or something, but he told his mother he visited Disneyland.

He was only 21, and had no travelling companions or contacts in California by the sounds of it.

Also, unemployment in the UK was quite high during this time, jobs for young adults was an even worse situation. A 6 week stay in the US would have cost quite a bit of money for such a young person.
I wonder if he went out there to find work of some sort?

I wonder what became of his British passport and luggage? If it wasn't found in a hotel room or rental apartment, it likely means he had it on his person, which leads me to think he may have been quite itinerant and was moving around constantly?

August 1979 a john doe is found Long Beach California

August 1979 a father is looking for a missing son Los Angles California

Something went very wrong here, so sorry for the family loss and pain for so many years.

Keith Anthony Jackson (5348DMCA)
Missing Since:
August 6, 1979
Missing From: Los Angeles, California
Found: August 29, 1979 in Long Beach, California (2475UMCA)
Solved by:Match submitted by Doe member, Matthew L'Heureux and submitted in October 2021 to law enforcement by the DoeNetwork.
Confirmed : by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office in November 2021.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back