Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nick RA seemed a conscientious, i trustworthy person, with helpful intentions

But not like an experienced outreach worker

(those who work "in the field" like tow truckers, Visiting Nurses,

Social Workers, plumbers, real estate agents, etc.)

They would keep indexing data like name, location, arrival (start service) time and departure (end service) time
and in his case, license # (or battery inventory # if installed) in their own files
at least until that covering pay period is over,

- in order to confirm that their paycheck is complete and

- they are compensated for every client service and hour,

especially on the weekends when the clerks and business staff is off.

Some keep the data longer in case there is a complaint or lawsuit ( deficient battery, towing damage)

When asked what day did this encounter take place:

He said he searched his GPS to check but he had so many calls in the area, he couldn't distinguish which call it was.

But, on the other hand, he pointed out the location on the map for AWP

..........................................................................................................

Betwwen the time of encountering the AWP team and the time of the AWP filming, his story should have been verified.

In fact, between the time Nick reported the event to LE and the time that he encountered AWP, he should have checked with his boss
(licanse plate #, car registration name and VIN #) and been informed that it wasn't K's car.

So he had already checked it out with his Boss about a week before he saw AWP

(Makes no sense - the story would have been nullified by LE and his Boss before he met AWP

..................................................................................

Then he disappeared from sight

Th community being so tight, it would seem locals would recognize him
and the youtube sleuths and newspaper journalists
would want to interview him as well - but nothing - crickets!

Maybe he left the area ...given a leave ....advised to go under radar.

.................................................................................

Then , regarding the 2 people in the grey CR-v,
were they real, exagerated, or scammers ?

There were a number of post 911 scammers that pretended to huddle in planes, trains and stores
trying to look suspicious; mumbling about hijacking and guns.

When people "saw something, said something and the police inquired,
the actors sued for harassment.

Nick RA was here and than gone

Last edited:
I'm glad Jolissa was found (aside from the outcome, of course.) Personally, I was concerned in her case as well, because of the video in the store and how close-knit her family is. I worried someone may have taken advantage of her.

With Kiely's car, if speed was involved at the angle I think we're seeing, would the front end have also dipped into the sand? I'm thinking of kind of a "plowing" in effect? It looks so murky gross right at the water's edge? I'm. bit curious how tracks leading in were not noticed Saturday morning. It seems like what we're watching would have left ruts at/near the edge, but maybe I'm not following the information correctly? It feels so much was missed and confused early on due to the focus on possible kidnapping.
BBM

Not any real sand on that beach though, moreso just soft dirt.

Tire tracks should have fairly easily been visible later on 8/6 if nobody disturbed them.
IMO

Unfortunately not just early on that things seem to have been missed; at least from the public perspective as we simply do not know what LE knows.

It really doesn't make sense.

The whole thing was/is confusing. I feel there was conflicting information about what was verified, and when, and we were sort of left hanging to fill in a lot of blanks.

Personally, I can't understand being starstruck by AWP, but I guess anything is possible these days.

It really doesn't make sense.

The whole thing was/is confusing. I feel there was conflicting information about what was verified, and when, and we were sort of left hanging to fill in a lot of blanks.

Personally, I can't understand being starstruck by AWP, but I guess anything is possible these days.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, they are good at the basics of what they do - locating and retrieving missing persons underwater. They recently found a missing man in the river by me, along with 100 vehicles.

jmo

I would still love to know who Roadside Nick saw/responded to, where and when. If it was not Kiely, and based on the timestamp of a vehicle entering the water at the right spot and right time, I'm not sure how it could have been, then who DID he interact with?

I know we will probably never know, but I personally still feel he came across as a credible person. I my be wrong, of course, but fabricating those details doesn't make any sense to me. AWP isn't THAT famous. Inserting yourself like that, with a made up story doesn't seem plausible to me. I still feel like he responded to someone, and from what he shared, I wish he had called LE instead of his girlfriend. At minimum, more underage people were out DUI, and that area definitely has a problem. Assuming he was genuine, and not lying, hopefully next time he encounters anything that odd, he does call it in.
Personally, I’ve always thought he was credible and truly believed he saw KR and/or her vehicle. I never got the impression he lied or AWP sensationalized his story for their benefit. What I’ve always wavered on was whether it was actually KR or her car. The mind makes powerful suggestions and tricks us. He could’ve had the strange encounter then later seen her missing poster. His brain puts 2+2 together and goes “ya know, I think that’s who I saw the other day” because it is human nature to find connections. I don’t think he purposely lied, but I do think there’s a good possibility it wasn’t her. Either way, he did the right thing by reporting to his boss and authorities, then reaching out to someone for help when he feared it wasn’t being properly followed up on. IMO people attacking him and AWP for it are likely to dissuade anyone in the future who thinks they saw something to come forward. I’d sure think twice coming forward after seeing how some have raked him over the coals…

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, they are good at the basics of what they do - locating and retrieving missing persons underwater. They recently found a missing man in the river by me, along with 100 vehicles.

jmo
Is it true that the Allegheny is only 9 feet deep? 100 vehicles in shallow water!
That can’t have been a secret.

Is it true that the Allegheny is only 9 feet deep? 100 vehicles in shallow water!
That can’t have been a secret.
It’s a little deceiving, as the area where Tod was located (near Acrisure Stadium, formerly known as Heinz Field) is near the juncture of the Allegheny and Ohio Rivers - The “Point”. Attaching google photo. It’s likely deeper in that section, and there’s a lock about a mile west.

And no, it’s no secret that the river bottom is littered with vehicles, shopping carts, and stolen ATM machines. And of course, bodies. My work helps to sponsor an annual volunteer “River CleanUp” event. One year, my own coworkers found a body!

The river stage in Pittsburgh is on average between 16 and 17 feet, according to McCoy, and that level stays consistent from the Point, to several miles on both the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers, and down the Ohio to the Emsworth Locks and Dams at Neville Island.

830A6697-6704-4190-A36A-408AD86495A7.png

It’s a little deceiving, as the area where Tod was located (near Acrisure Stadium, formerly known as Heinz Field) is near the juncture of the Allegheny and Ohio Rivers - The “Point”. Attaching google photo. It’s likely deeper in that section, and there’s a lock about a mile west.

And no, it’s no secret that the river bottom is littered with vehicles, shopping carts, and stolen ATM machines. And of course, bodies. My work helps to sponsor an annual volunteer “River CleanUp” event. One year, my own coworkers found a body!

The river stage in Pittsburgh is on average between 16 and 17 feet, according to McCoy, and that level stays consistent from the Point, to several miles on both the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers, and down the Ohio to the Emsworth Locks and Dams at Neville Island.

View attachment 372914
Yikes! That’s disturbing. And the same depth Kiely’s car was in.
I may never look at an urban river the same again, wondering if it’s a graveyard or junkyard underneath. Is there boating or fishing there?
If the cars were stolen, maybe insurance will cover removal. Not to mention the ATMs.

jmo
Yup. This was my introduction to them, and I watched several videos the week leading up to their search for Kiely. I found their work interesting and thought on average, they seemed like good guys. But "regular" guys, who did some pretty cool things. Not "fangirl/guy" material, but again? What do I know? LOL! :-)

I guess what I meant was pretty literal--i.e. they just seem like regular guys to me--down to earth, doing their thing. And so did Roadside Nick.

Personally, I’ve always thought he was credible and truly believed he saw KR and/or her vehicle. I never got the impression he lied or AWP sensationalized his story for their benefit. What I’ve always wavered on was whether it was actually KR or her car. The mind makes powerful suggestions and tricks us. He could’ve had the strange encounter then later seen her missing poster. His brain puts 2+2 together and goes “ya know, I think that’s who I saw the other day” because it is human nature to find connections. I don’t think he purposely lied, but I do think there’s a good possibility it wasn’t her. Either way, he did the right thing by reporting to his boss and authorities, then reaching out to someone for help when he feared it wasn’t being properly followed up on. IMO people attacking him and AWP for it are likely to dissuade anyone in the future who thinks they saw something to come forward. I’d sure think twice coming forward after seeing how some have raked him over the coals…

He also seems like a reasonably young guy. Maybe a few years older than the partygoers? I think you make some good points here.

It's still possible he saw Kiely or friends with her vehicle, and the dates were wrong. We do know that group of young people was out quite a bit, and that parties seemed a common part of their lifestyle.

Yikes! That’s disturbing. And the same depth Kiely’s car was in.
I may never look at an urban river the same again, wondering if it’s a graveyard or junkyard underneath. Is there boating or fishing there?
If the cars were stolen, maybe insurance will cover removal. Not to mention the ATMs.
Yes, boating is popular in summer, especially so on weekends and fireworks nights. My family had a boat on the river for years, so I have boated and water-skied many times, and still kayak there from time to time. The current is strong. Barges go by. It’s kind of scary.

Most stuff on the river bottom is left there, until the need comes to search for a missing person, as was the case recently when AWP came to search for two missing women, and found Tod.

Fun fact: In 1956, a B-25 bomber crash-landed in the Monongahela River in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Four crew members survived the crash, but the bomber mysteriously disappeared. Ever since, the so-called “Ghost Bomber of the Monongahela” has been the subject of speculation and conspiracy theories.

So, the relevant point to Kiely’s case being that vehicles go into bodies of water all the time. It can take months to years to locate them, and without witnesses, how or why can remain a mystery.

I stopped following, as it was clear to me this was your prototypical car-in-water accident. Hopefully this quiets the rumor mill, hell bent on turning this into a murder.

Is anyone able to post any pertinent parts from either the Fox40 or kcra sites mentioned above, neither of them are available outside the US. Thank you!

"Rodni's death was the result of drowning, the Nevada County Sheriff's Office's coroners division found."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVADA COUNTY, Calif. (KTXL) — The death of Kiely Rodni, a teen who went missing in August, was declared accidental by the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Coroner.

“This ruling is based on the pathologist’s finding that her death was the result of drowning and that there was no other information to suggest she was the victim of foul play,” the sheriff’s office said.

Last edited:
Is anyone able to post any pertinent parts from either the Fox40 or kcra sites mentioned above, neither of them are available outside the US. Thank you!
There's not much in the article, but this is probably the relevant bit: "Rodni's death was the result of drowning, the Nevada County Sheriff's Office's coroners division found."

The death of Truckee teen Kiely Rodni has been officially ruled an accident, according to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.

A Thursday news release from the sheriff’s office says the determination is based on the pathologist finding her death was the result of drowning. It says there is nothing to suggest her death was the result of foul play.
This is all I found so far. I tried to get the press release at the Nevada County Sheriff's Office website but ran into a 404 error. JMO.

Death of missing Truckee teen Kiely Rodni was accidental, sheriff's office says

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes
Back