Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be helpful to gather - maybe it’s a timeline of its own- the multitude of declarations and half sentences, various supposed times SS interacted wirh Kiely out in the woods and SS’s contradictory statements through multiple interactions with media.
In listening to SS she is actually capable of articulating quite well so maybe someone can interview her to get a better handle on what happened over the course of 2 hours other than them “peeing together” a few times, which is how she knows she had on rhe body suit and green pants .
She srikes me to be a leader and organizer. I heard her declare her admiration for Keily in the latest interview and determinarion to search for her forever. However, she did leave a minor child alone out there in the woods according to her in an incapacitated state, surrounded by many strangers, some older, some engaging in a Fight Clob event and even referenced the presence weird 40 year old man.
How long have the gatherings been happening at The Sanctuary?
Someone linked a YouTube interview with Sami a page or two back. In that interview as you stated, she mentioned how she knew Kiely was wearing a bodysuit (peeing). She said those weren't the pants she was wearing that night (green dickies). Anyone else catch that?

I have a few questions. What about home searches, and looking in residents garages. It’s a long shot but maybe someone stopped her when she was on the dirt road on her way out and took her.
Also how many people have reported actually seeing her at the party other than her friend SS? Unless LE has pictures of her from the party her last know sighting was at the store. I hope she is found safe.

I have a few questions. What about home searches, and looking in residents garages. It’s a long shot but maybe someone stopped her when she was on the dirt road on her way out and took her.
Also how many people have reported actually seeing her at the party other than her friend SS? Unless LE has pictures of her from the party her last know sighting was at the store. I hope she is found safe.

Welcome to Websleuths @HL79!

Home searches and looking in residents’ garages requires either permission from the resident or a search warrant issued by a judge who is convinced there is “probable cause” to suspect a home contains evidence that a crime has been committed.

Her friend Megs road with her to the party. So they know for sure she arrived to the party.

A sixteen year old would not have much tolerance, though. I would think any combination of drugs would have made driving dangerous.
This.
This is the part that really gets to me. IMO she's little more than a child. Still in need of guidance from adults. It hurts me that this young girl was out there in what I feel like was a dangerous situation late at night. At 16 she had less than a year of experience behind the wheel.
Recently I've been hearing an awful lot about kids dying from taking what they think is a "safe" drug at parties only to find it was laced with fentanyl.
Something like this could have happened to Kiely and someone covered it up.
However my gut still tells me she's in the water.

I do believe with that many young people present, someone or several people have an idea of what happened. Someone saw the car leave. maybe they don't realize what they saw as it was just one of many cars. Someone saw her in the time she spoke with SS to the phone dying. She could not have gone far. Unless she had already left? Eventually someone will talk, post a TikTok or instagram story inadvertently.

I am still confused by the call to SS. And SS saying, I already told you I had an other ride. I just hope her call to SS was not her way of trying to get out of a situation or was a plea for help. Like sounding the alarm by repeating the obvious. I have to give my friend a ride, let me call her, see where she is, I need to go. A polite way to get out of an uncomfortable situation. Like "Hey girl, where are you?" And perhaps SS didn't pickup on the fact she needed help?

I have had a work friend call me on a bad date after I texted them, so I could have an excuse to leave.

I have an agreement with my kid that if she ever needs me to pick her up somewhere but doesn’t want to admit she wants to leave, all she has to do is text me a random weird emoji we don’t typically use. That is the sign that I need to make up a reason to call and make her come home right now. Her friends also know that if they need out of a situation and don’t want to tell their parents, they can text me a weird emoji too and I’ll come get them too.

Having a plan like this has gotten my kid out of a few situations where she didn’t feel comfortable and one of her friends had me come get her from a bad date this way. Make it easy for the people in your life to get help!

“We believe that someone knows,” Nevada County Sheriff’s Office captain Sam Brown said during a press conference on Wednesday.

“Someone saw her but they’re not coming forward.”

“We do not have any new leads, and that I can tell you is very frustrating for us,” Josh Barnhart of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said during the briefing.
An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza) photo 2's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza) photo 2

An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza)

Logic says the text on the sweater is a pure coincidence, but in this context very macabre. Like "The lost trail" lodge, her parents own.

I still haven't made up my mind about what happened to Kiely. Body of water...totally possible. I know there are a lot of cases where LE didn't find a body or a car although extensive searches were done or they didn't find anything in the first search, but did in the second search on the same spot. What if she is being "kept" somewhere and they are "waiting for the heat to calm down" and dump her and her car much later? The T. word is mentioned a couple of times...still pondering on that. Like wise the abduction theory and fowl play. OD..maybe, but not at the party IMO, afterwards, on a different spot...possible. Like her family and authorities I don't buy the runaway theory, but even that is still open. You never can tell what is going on in somebody's mind or what is popping up in the mind being under the influence.

It is only 12 miles to her home from the campground which is not too far. You would think the vehicle will be located in the next few days if Kiely was driving impaired. If the vehicle is not found then the abduction theory becomes more probable IMO.

Rodni's friend, Sami Smith, who was at the party with her, shared footage with The Sun that showed a group of teens gathered at the campsite that was littered with what appeared to be bottles of alcohol.

In another scene, a group of youngsters are seen partying while a light from a cell phone is shining on them.

Sami told The U.S. Sun: "I think a lot of them were scared to talk, they were engaging in illegal activity in the woods, it's like this Lord of the Flies space where they can just be.“

The teen had an iPad, which is at her family home, and her laptop is believed to have been in her car, which is still missing.

Kiely’s photos is circulating widely on social media. Reese Witherspoon shared the flyer with Kiely’s photo to her Instagram story and more than 28 million followers.
This is the sweatshirt authorities believe Kiely was loaned before she went missing

Last edited:
It seems strange to me, from the perspective of a kidnapper, to take the victim's car. He/she likely knows that that's what LE and the public will be looking for. Why take the risk and drive it around? Why not take the car you showed up in, no one will be looking for that right away. Unless he/she ditched her car soon after, but they'd either have to go somewhere to switch cars, with a captive, and further risk being seen or heard, or this is something coordinated. And if it's coordinated, like in the case of trafficking, why even take the victim's car to begin with? Don't they usually have a highly efficient procedure for this? Turns my stomach to think about it, but that's got to be the case...

Dated: June 2022
The Placer County Sheriff’s Office reported on Thursday a second fentanyl overdose in Colfax in the last two weeks and announced that 90 percent of the street drugs it confiscates contain fentanyl.

“I can tell you our deputies find fentanyl on traffic stops almost daily – that’s something we’ve noticed over the past two years,” Musallam said.

Between lab tests and confessions from end-users, the sheriff’s office has learned that fentanyl is “extremely prevalent” in the county, according to Musallam

So far this year, the Placer County Coroner’s Office has reported 12 deaths that resulted from fentanyl overdoses, according to Musallam.

Eight days ago:
The Roseville Police Department shared on social media that within the last 48 hours they have reported to four suspected fentanyl overdoses.

The fentanyl was purple in color according to police.

“Fentanyl is an extremely powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 times more potent than heroin,” Roseville Police wrote in the social media post. “The dangers of an increase of Fentanyl use in our region could have catastrophic effects.”

Please check out the awesome timeline located in the previous thread. This is the second thread for Kiely’s disappearance on WS. There is a ton of info on the original thread.

8/5/2223:00Charges Phone in CarSamantha said that around 11pm, they went to Kiely’s car to charge their phones and arranged for Kiely to give her a ride home. However, she changed her mind later when she saw that Kiely was clearly intoxicated, Samantha said.The Independent

Bolded by me.

I'm confused. Isn't that what I said? That it was after 11 pm.?

Yes, but this entry in the timeline shows that SS didn’t notice Kiely being too inebriated until later, after the 11pm car meetup up to charge their phones. “However, she changed her mind later..”

Do we have everything straight now? They went to the car "to charge batteries"....nothing was wrong with Kiely at that moment and they arranged that SS was going to be driven out by Kiely. An hour later SS said no, because Kiely was to intoxicated. Allabouttrial and kccorona were both right, like is said in the timeline: "Later".

BTW In an interview with SS (have to dig that one up, because there is also something about the clothes she was wearing seen on the CCTC-footage and what she was wearing at the party) she said the two of them were not alone and there were other friends in the car with them. Wonder what they were doing, besides "talking stuff" and "charging. Maybe somebody else slipped Kiely something and SS really didn't know or does know that, took some herself and don't want to admit to that on camera.

Found the interview I mentioned above. Thanks for posting it in this thread. @Nunyabeezwaxx

Last edited:
“We believe that someone knows,” Nevada County Sheriff’s Office captain Sam Brown said during a press conference on Wednesday.

“Someone saw her but they’re not coming forward.”

“We do not have any new leads, and that I can tell you is very frustrating for us,” Josh Barnhart of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said during the briefing.
An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza) photo 2's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza) photo 2

An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza)
WOW. Very strange and prophetic message on the hoodie. What do others think ? Maybe chosen ON PURPOSE, and a message from Kiely
herself? MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member