Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself easily looking for sinister circumstances in some cases. This is one of them. But in the end, I do believe this was a horrible and tragic accident. A wrong turn. A misjudgment. Maybe intoxicated. Maybe tired. Her car suddenly goes into the water and starts to sink. It rolls. She become disoriented and panicked. Maybe she made her way to the back of the car in confusion or maybe it’s where it ended up. I don’t know. Obviously I’ll accept whatever is determined by those with the skills, talents and authority to make that call. Until then I’ll hope her family and friends can find peace and comfort.

I look at it this way: someone bought her alcohol, at minimum. Can we say 99% of us agree she was drinking?

Sinister probably isn't the exact word I would use, and most of us following drank underage at some point, many admitted to other things, but if being impaired by alcohol and/or other substances contributed to her death, this isn't a simple accident, IMO.

This is why I personally think there is value in tactfully discussing things.

The speculations and conspiracy theories were off the rails. Especially that country singer who was convinced certain Youtuber's were involved. Anyone that questioned or disagreed with him was attacked by his followers. I wish celebrities that have a huge following would realize what kind of power they have and how they can really have an effect on someone else's life.

I just looked a little closer and my stomach dropped. I really wish NY Post wouldn't have published this photo. It's too late now, but like you said, hopefully people won't see it.

But they will if people don't stop talking about it on the public forum.

Good point. I went swimming in Maine in August when the ocean temperature was about 64 degrees. It was so cold it was painful.

I think the water in Prosser Creek was cold enough to slow down decomposition. Hopefully that will help determine exactly what happened to Kiely.
In skimming through various Prosser Reservoir sites I’ve learned that fishing there is for Bass and Rainbow trout. This time of year it’s Bass as Trout need colder temps so this times of year it’s mostly Bass. Many references to daily temps of 70 -73 lately.
Since the area where the vehicle was found is approx 1/3 the depth of the reservoir, I think it’s safe to assume it’s warmer in the cove there. Maybe considerably, given higher air temps and release of water through the spillway to the Truckee river precisely for protection of Trout- just over 2,000 acre feet reservoir reduction since Kiely went missing, as I recall from the graph.

As a misdemeanor, the charge carries with it punishment that varies by what happens as a result of the alcohol. If the minor consumes the alcohol and causes great bodily injury or death to himself or herself, or another, the provider of the alcohol faces a minimum six-month county jail sentence to a maximum of one year and a $1,000 fine, plus penalties and assessments (total of about $4,500). The “furnisher” also most likely faces civil litigation with possible punitive damages exposure.

View attachment 361289

For clarification, this is the original linked photo that has since been edited/cropped and posted on WS to support the idea that ringed fingers (similar to KP's jewelry) can allegedly be seen gripping the driver's seat headrest.

I trust seeing the entire, actual photo with not less than 7 individuals (not in uniform) surrounding the vehicle will assist viewers to form their own opinion on whether or not it is probable that LE rescuers decided to leave the window with the alleged body image open and uncovered while taking care to cover the rear window area of the vehicle. JMO.

I don't see anything. To me it looks like mud on the window. I'm on PC and zoomed in via Paint App.

One thing I noticed about the CRV, which is not graphic in nature, but I have debated sharing...

The driver's side seat seems to be all extended/reclined the way back, from the headrest position in the NY Post recovery image.

I'm several inches taller than Kiely, so I looked at this after the other...

IF she lost control of her vehicle, this could have factored in? I remember when I was a teen, some kids thought this was a "cool" way to drive, but we didn't really have SUVs back then. i.e. people would adjust the seat to almost be sitting in the backseat, regardless of how tall they were.

I'm not trying to promote any conspiracy. At 5 ft 7, she was tall enough that most people could probably have driven her car to move it if they needed to without adjusting the seat, but....I noticed this detail as much as the back seat stuff.

There is also this image of her Honda previously. We have no way of knowing if she owned it then, of course. But the driver's seat is not as far back.

Again, I'm thinking more of her ability to control her car here--i.e. tipping over, that sort of thing.

View attachment 361302 Missing Kiely Rodni: Investigators find new video of vanished teen on night of party, reward increases to $75K
at the angle we see it coming out of the water that could very well be the passenger seat that is reclined a bit or being that she is long and lean she may have put it back a bit to get to the rear of the vehicle if she were not incapacitated and was trying to get out again this is all just presumptions.

I've looked for the article but there are so many now that I can't find it so please take this info with a grain of salt. Basically they were interviewed by the FBI and handed over CCTV but none of it was useful according to them. They said they were long term campsite residents or something like that, but with all witnesses and news articles you never know.
Probably the Nepove’s. I wonder what camping space they were in.

Reactions: IDK
One thing I noticed about the CRV, which is not graphic in nature, but I have debated sharing...

The driver's side seat seems to be all extended/reclined the way back, from the headrest position in the NY Post recovery image.

I'm several inches taller than Kiely, so I looked at this after the other...

IF she lost control of her vehicle, this could have factored in? I remember when I was a teen, some kids thought this was a "cool" way to drive, but we didn't really have SUVs back then. i.e. people would adjust the seat to almost be sitting in the backseat, regardless of how tall they were.

I'm not trying to promote any conspiracy. At 5 ft 7, she was tall enough that most people could probably have driven her car to move it if they needed to without adjusting the seat, but....I noticed this detail as much as the back seat stuff.

There is also this image of her Honda previously. We have no way of knowing if she owned it then, of course. But the driver's seat is not as far back.

Again, I'm thinking more of her ability to control her car here--i.e. tipping over, that sort of thing.

View attachment 361302 Missing Kiely Rodni: Investigators find new video of vanished teen on night of party, reward increases to $75K
I also noticed and wondered about that. As with many aspects of this case, there could be lots of explanations. One of those explanations could be that someone taller drove her car. That has not yet been ruled out.

With the police tape on the beach, I wonder if they found any evidence of an impact there if the car did roll into the water. Shards of glass from that window? It seemed odd they would tape that area off so long after she disappeared.

I also noticed and wondered about that. As with many aspects of this case, there could be lots of explanations. One of those explanations could be that someone taller drove her car. That has not yet been ruled out.

With the police tape on the beach, I wonder if they found any evidence of an impact there if the car did roll into the water. Shards of glass from that window? It seemed odd they would tape that area off so long after she disappeared.
Not generally faulting LE at all here because they did the best they could with this case- however... if they missed an obvious accident (glass or impressions) on the shore, a few hundred feet from the party then they have some explaining to do.

at the angle we see it coming out of the water that could very well be the passenger seat that is reclined a bit or being that she is long and lean she may have put it back a bit to get to the rear of the vehicle if she were not incapacitated and was trying to get out again this is all just presumptions.
Actually based on what else I see in the photo, it would probably be the passenger seat as you suggest. The driver seat maybe just hidden by the frame of the car in a way it wasn't when the door was open in the previous photo.

It is good the FBI is there to assist. As sad as this is, it does seem very likely her family will have a lot more answers than most do.

I think the tarp is being pulled forward in the image.

CRVs are kind of small, at least compared to other Hondas. I've had a CRV as a loaner car and I felt cramped in it. I've owned a Pilot, and Element and even a Fit.The CRV was the least roomy. So maybe a REALLY tall person? I don't know that much about the divers either, if there could have been anything they may have needed to secure that might have caused them to move the seat back? I don't even know if anything still is manual in that model year or if that is even possible underwater? Just thinking aloud.

Someone else could have driven her car at some earlier point in the evening, she could have hopped in to leave, been impaired and not adjusted anything back to her. (seat, possibly mirrors too.) :(

Actually based on what else I see in the photo, it would probably be the passenger seat as you suggest. The driver seat maybe just hidden by the frame of the car in a way it wasn't when the door was open in the previous photo.

I don't see anything like this at all. In fact if you look at the driver side where the glass is broken it has a same color tint to it as the back window.

It definitely looks like the metal prong from the head rest to me and/or the seatbelt clip, given how covered the back of the car is so how far back she was, it does not seem possible for her hand to be that far down the car and I hate to say it - after 2 weeks in the water, fingers would not look that slim and a lot more of a hand/arm would be visible at that angle:(
A few years back info went viral about how you can use the sharp prongs of the head rest to break the car window if you don't have a glass hammer(!), sadly she could have tried to pull the headrest up and out to do that and hence the angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow