Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it was Kiely that the man saw. If it was, LE would have verified it and the last date and time she was seen would have been the day after the party.
Not that long ago I had roadside assistance. Not only do they get the time and the date of when they arrive they get the time stamp on my call.

And when he came he wrote down everything even my license plate number on my vehicle.

If this was her or wasn't her, we will know soon enough.

As a believer in AWP’s true mission…there’s not a doubt in my mind, they are more than willing to sacrifice bad press if it leads to finding the truth. Orchestration 101 in play… and I’m not sure AWP is the Conductor.

Last edited:
Some express they like this, some posters expressed they like that, some are irritated with this, some don't like that, some think this should have been handled that way or it should have been handled this way, some feel this shouldn't have been released, some people feel that shouldn't have been said...

I'm right there with every sentence.

However. here we are waiting on baited breath for anything to come out.

As for the roadside assistance guy:

This is all MOO-- I'm just guessing and making my observations...

Does anyone remember when Casey Anthony took the shower at her ex-boyfriends and left the door wide open, looking like she's hoping to bait him, we all wondered if she was actually after his DNA to put on her daughter's corpse. That's exactly what this feels like.

This is only my opinion. But I don't think that was Kylie. I think Kylie was already gone. I think that's another girl faking her, and pulling a situation that makes it look like Kylie was still alive. (Like...Brian Laundrie and Patrick Frazee making texts looking like the dead one was still alive).

This thing with the seat belt, screams to me they wanted his fingerprints on that seat belt in that car on those door handles on that console yada yada yada...

It won't be long and the exact date and time stamp when he was there will come out.

Thank God he had camera/video attached to his truck. Oh I want to see that!

imo, releasing the video publically on 2nd like just after kiely's b'day seems a little disrespectful to me. No doubt a lot of things will be clear when it comes out but for the sake of her family, i think they should give them some time digesting the entire process and not flodding questions or accusations on their socials.
JMO

I wouldn't count on anything become clear IMO.

Good points. To your last point though, I am with @jbennett ^^^, who, as I did overnight, opined that maybe AWP's video and release timing is in fact in concert with LE. Maybe LE is exploring a foulplay angle more deeply with prelim autopsy results in hand, and thought this might help scare, flush or incite a perp(s) or witnesses to come forward or slip up.
Perhaps, but I frankly have never gotten the impression that local LE were overly enthusiastic about having AWP as part of the search, despite them voicing their appreciation in public statements. Fact is, with all of the thousands of hours of manpower put into this case, not one single LEO was assigned to go along with AWP on any of their searches of the area, and they allegedly found out that her car and remains had been located by calling AWP after hearing it second-hand. As much as they had to be thankful that Kiely was found, they also surely had to know that it was going to make them look bad in the eyes of many, that she was found in an area they had already searched, and pretty much cleared. As AWP are no part of law enforcement, it would be highly unprofessional to share any hint of preliminary autopsy results with them, and I cannot imagine that they were encouraged by LE to release this upcoming video, which is far more likely to hinder any investigation than to help it. JMO

Last edited:
Not that long ago I had roadside assistance. Not only do they get the time and the date of when they arrive they get the time stamp on my call.

And when he came he wrote down everything even my license plate number on my vehicle.

If this was her or wasn't her, we will know soon enough.

I wonder if they only take all of this information if they are responding to a call for roadside assistance and the person is covered by a roadside assistance plan ( I have both a Honda roadside assistance plan and a AAA roadside assistance plan). If the tow driver is not going to be billing someone, perhaps s/he doesn't need all that information and a small business owner (i.e. single tow truck operator) may not be as diligent in recording all the info. JMO.

imo, releasing the video publically on 2nd like just after kiely's b'day seems a little disrespectful to me. No doubt a lot of things will be clear when it comes out but for the sake of her family, i think they should give them some time digesting the entire process and not flodding questions or accusations on their socials.
JMO
Pure speculation on my part but perhaps AWP are going by their own agenda and don't even know when Kiely's BD is. I often find that people can assume something is about them, when it fact, it's not. At least that's my experience with things I've done through my life, and how others perceived them. I've had to tell a lot of people that what I did had nothing to do with them (In fact, I had no idea about whatever it was they got their panties in a bunch about until after they told me). I think it's simply one of the traits of human nature.

Last edited:
As a believer in AWP’s true mission…there’s not a doubt in my mind, they are more than willing to sacrifice bad press if it leads to finding the truth. Orchestration 101 in play… and I’m not sure AWP is the Conductor.
I hope that what you are describing is the truth, and not that they are in need of funds.

I wonder if they only take all of this information if they are responding to a call for roadside assistance and the person is covered by a roadside assistance plan ( I have both a Honda roadside assistance plan and a AAA roadside assistance plan). If the tow driver is not going to be billing someone, perhaps s/he doesn't need all that information and a small business owner (i.e. single tow truck operator) may not be as diligent in recording all the info. JMO.

I can't speak for CA, but I had need for a tow in March 2020 (I am in NY.) I paid for the tow out of pocket, and the tow truck driver asked as many questions as the deputy who responded, he had a form of some sort on a clipboard that he filled out and I had to sign. The tow truck driver also took photos of my Jeep before they removed the deer from the hood and hooked it up to the tow truck. The tow company is a small, family-run business.

Doesn't mean they all do that, but in a litigation-happy world I'm sure most operations do what they can to protect themselves.

Perhaps, but I frankly have never gotten the impression that local LE was overly enthusiastic about having AWP as part of the search, despite them voicing their appreciation in public statements. Fact is, with all of the thousands of hours of manpower put into this case, not one single LEO was assigned to go along with AWP on any of their searches of the area, and they allegedly found out that her car and remains had been located by calling AWP after hearing it second-hand. As much as they had to be thankful that Kiely was found, they also surely had to know that it was going to make them look bad in the eyes of many, that she was found in an area they had already searched, and pretty much cleared. As AWP are no part of law enforcement, it would be highly unprofessional to share any hint of preliminary autopsy results with them, and I very highly doubt that they were encouraged by LE to release this upcoming video, which is far more likely to hinder any investigation than to help it. JMO
Wow, I wish I could have said these words, very nice explanation of exactly how I feel about this.

I hope that what you are describing is the truth, and not that they are in need of funds.
I’m wrong a lot lol but I gotta go with my gut. Idk what the heck is going on but I can’t imagine them taking a chance on hurting Kiely’s grandfather who asked for their help. AWP saw his face when they told him about his dear granddaughter‘s demise who he loved with all of his heart.

Pure speculation on my part but perhaps AWP are going by their own agenda and don't even know when Kiely's BD is. I often find that people can assume something is about them, when it fact, it's not. At least that's my experience with things I've done through my life, and how others perceived them. I've had to tell a lot of people that what I did had nothing to do with them (In fact, I had no idea about whatever it was they got their panties in a bunch about until after they told me). I think it's simply one of the traits of human nature.
ITA! IMO AWP is running their own agenda and probably did not discuss the videos with Kiely's family before speculating foul play on a far-reaching platform. They're used to working somewhat autonomously so maybe it never crossed their minds to ask for input from family or LE. And for that matter I really don't see LE soliciting the team to work as detectives - AWP's expertise is recovery of submerged items not detective work.

I just hope the videos don't create blowback onto Kiely's friends and family. IOW unintended consequences could rapidly develop; it wouldn't take much for social media to start pointing fingers at everyone connected to Kiely which could be very hurtful to her loved ones. MOO.

Kiely’s BD is on the missing flyers that are featured in the trailer for the video. They are literally holding up the flyers in their hands. Would be crazy they just didn’t notice while editing that thing, investigators that they are…

But I made the point about her BD because I think it shows that AWP clearly didn’t check in with this family before they released that video, (which was released behind a paywall the day before this family’s deceased daughter’s birthday & with plans to remove the paywall the day after her birthday).

Folks can defend it, but IMO *at best* it was just careless and not cool, and at worst it was deliberately sensationalized to earn them more money, and also potentially toxic to & hindering an ongoing death investigation.

RIP Kiely.

Edited for typo.

I think a tragic accident is still by far the most likely in Kiely's case. But IF any of her car windows were found down or broken, that leaves some room for speculation.

Windows down or broken would cause the car to fill with water quicker. A nyone in a submerged vehicle needs a clear mind and the ability to act quickly without panicking in order to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13