Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he said he did the opposite actually. In the video he said that he checked and the lights and other electrical components were working fine so they started checking other things.
Thank you. I have rewatched the part where objects and windows are visible so many times, I overlooked.

As has been linked in two previous posts, a 2013 Honda CRV WILL start in either Neutral or Park. So if the driver was very clear about that, then it was very likely not Kiely's vehicle.
I agree with you - if you backtrace my comment, I was replying to someone saying the battery was dead and the tow truck driver gave her a jump. I absolutely do not believe this RA call was Kiely or her vehicle.

Also, I'm thinking about where Kiely was found. Maybe she was trying to manually open the rear window/tailgate but ran out of time? I don't know why she would do that though, if the front passenger window glass was smashed out though??

I know on the Fit I owned, there is a manual release if you climb inside the hatch area. (Mine used to get stuck as the vehicle aged and would not always open from the outside, so I sometimes had to hop in and pop it open.) I checked in her CRV had similar.

I know people have repeatedly said it makes sense for her body to have floated to the back of the vehicle, but does it really? All the way to the cargo area, in water that depth? When the window right beside her if she was driving was all the way open?

I'm not sure what to think?
If Keily had to be found deceased, I choose to believe she was not alive when she went into the water. It breaks my heart to think she had to experience the absolute fright of her situation.

I think the tow truck driver did respond to this call but it clearly was not a 2013 Honda CR V. The tow truck driver stated the call was resolved when he discovered the client was attempting to start the car in neutral. This could not have been a 2013 Honda CR V because the owner's manual clearly states the car WILL start in neutral but it is safer to start in park.

Whoever the tow driver responded to was not driving a 2013 Honda CR V.

View attachment 363468
Great find @CharlestonGal! Although the omission by the female on site may not have been the gear per se, but rather not making sure the parking brake is applied (step #1). The DA guy could have mistakenly assigned 'gear' as the issue.

I took it to mean that the female asked the RA guy how to connect her belt, that is normally worn with jeans, for instance, then connect the seat belt into the receiving fastener after threading it thru her own belt.

I am not convinced it was Kiely speaking with the road assistance guy although I do believe the portion of his story that we've heard thus far. AwP said they'd release his entire interview at some point.

moo
This sighting is too weird to believe. I hope they release video to prove Nick is legit.

I wish I could better see and understand what they are seeing on the sonar imagery! It’s very fascinating what they can glean from what looks to me like nothing on the screen. I wouldn’t have been able to tell that was a car. Or a ‘man made object’ I think is the term he used.

I wish I could better see and understand what they are seeing on the sonar imagery! It’s very fascinating what they can glean from what looks to me like nothing on the screen. I wouldn’t have been able to tell that was a car. Or a ‘man made object’ I think is the term he used.
Totally! There were a few times when i could see the two wheels and go from there, but mostly i was just lost.

Yeah...that part is really weird. I'm not sure how to interpret it?

Did he get into the car himself and demonstrate using a seatbelt properly??

or did he reach over the female and attach/connect/belt her in while she was seated?

Both are just incredibly unusual. I cannot think of any reason why a normal (sober?) person would do this?

Weird.
To try and get the roadside assistant guys fingerprints on the seatbelt?

I wish we had a firmer timeline for Friday. And maybe even Thursday.

Here's why:

Everything we know about Kiely's last day or so, is based on statements from other young people. While I have said we have no reason to distrust them, there are also big gaps of time where anything could have happened. Tension leading up to a blow out fight at the party, pre-party substance use, anything really.

Maybe the road side assistance sighting was in fact, Kiely and it was Friday morning? She spent Thursday in Reno with Jagger and Kate, right? We don't know if she went home? We only know she had originally planned on attending Hot August Nights with her mom Friday, but then texted to say she was going to the party Friday night instead.

Creme brulees still could have been made with Kate on Friday, before or after an encounter with road side assistance.

And for the theory of driving her car right into Prosser, if she had been up for several days in a row, and/or very little sleep, maybe partying more than the one night, some drama, a big fight? Poor judgment becomes even more likely too.

After watching a few of their recoveries, I think I now understand what they are looking for/at. Nick (the person who later dove to Kiely's car) first noticed an object casting a long shadow on his side scan (image at the link). It was later confirmed to be an overturned vehicle with down imaging.

61616927-11134263-image-a-41_1661187604078.jpg

The more I think about the interaction, I have to wonder why the guy didn't call law enforcement?
RSBM - [question refers to DA guy for context]
I think our society in general, and perhaps men more specifically, may lack sensitivity to women (or children for that matter) who are in a distressful situation with another person - a situation they need help escaping from. I think it is a gutsy human who follows their gut and then calls LE about an encounter with others. I wish more people would do that.

Then again, witness the GP/BL case and how the Moab LE themselves did not head the apparent warning signs (to many of us who watched the video of poor Gabby in distress) that the young woman needed help to get out of a bad situation. IF the DA driver did encounter KR with her car and a man, and if his description is accurate, then could KR be another GP?

All IMO.

ET: Change the word "all" to "many" to be more accurate in first sentence of second paragraph. Emotions are running high!

Last edited:
Wow! Good catch!

From the link description Re: Made from a blend of unbleached fibers and finished with a natural gum line.

Interesting they would look so "new" after a couple of weeks in the water.
Well, it could be a pre-roll in a plastic tube they are often sold in by dispensaries. Not sure if I see a cap though.

ETA: to add "pre-roll" to distinguish from just a RAW paper

Last edited:
RSBM - [question refers to DA guy for context]
I think our society in general, and perhaps men more specifically, may lack sensitivity to women (or children for that matter) who are in a distressful situation with another person - a situation they need help escaping from. I think it is a gutsy human who follows their gut and then calls LE about an encounter with others. I wish more people would do that.

Then again, witness the GP/BL case and how the Moab LE themselves did not head the apparent warning signs (to all of us who watched the video of poor Gabby in distress) that the young woman needed help to get out of a bad situation. IF the DA driver did encounter KR with her car and a man, and if his description is accurate, then could KR be another GP?

All IMO.
Very good points. :(

I was thinking more along the lines of "Is this person impaired?"

He obviously found it strange enough to call his girlfriend and share with her. I just wish between the two of them, at that point the result had been either as you said, "Sounds sketchy, maybe she needed help?" or even " Yikes, was she drunk?" and called it in.

I know as a regular person though, I see weird things sometimes and think "Should I call this in?" and then I think "Am I nuts?" because some stuff is kind of iffy. Maybe he just thought the couple was flakey/ditzy? The world has seemed kinda weirder than usual past couple of years, so as the AWP guy who was the tow driver said, I imagine they DO see a lot of strange stuff. If you call in every weird thing, than you probably run the risk of seeming weird yourself.

The tow truck information should have been vetted before being put out to the public. When it appears that this information could be easily verified, why has it not been released what the plate was, who made the call for service, how was it paid for, etc.?
If LE has already discounted this information, then it's the responsibility of anyone floating it, to remove it from their video, the minute they verify it was not the victim. If it stays on the video "to show their side of their investigation", they will continue to cast doubt, unethically, in my opinion, on the facts.
The family really doesn't need all of this speculation that a man was involved, it could be foul play, etc. Hopefully, there are unaware. Her extended family and all her friends don't need fuel on an emotional fire either.
The story has grown legs even though it's nearly impossible that the car was driven into the lake, unseen in broad daylight, on a Saturday. When people were already there, already looking for Kiely.
I didn't see the video, do they at least give a disclaimer saying how unlikely this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow