Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that, but I am inclined to believe he may work for AAA. JMO
A lot of auto insurance companies offer roadside assistance. AARP, AMEX and OnStar also offer service. I'm sure they contract with local tow companies to provide the actual service. Hard to say who Nick the tow truck driver works for.

RS&BBM
Not sure if this the point you were intending to make, @Curiosa20, but I wonder, if as standard protocol (@OldCop?), when LE puts out an all points bulletin for a vehicle if they directly notify tow truck companies (e.g. accident, abandoned, etc.)?

And IF that is the case, then you'd think the tow truck dispatcher would have notified LE before dispatching service?
I don't think LE would put out a BOLO when she had only been noticed missing for 2-3 hours, but I'm sure it is different situation to situation.

IMO the tow guy was simply mistaken about the identities of couple he dealt with. But at the same time it's not all that unusual these days to see someone inserting themselves into a case to satisfy whatever need they may have. In the Los Angeles case of the woman who plowed down LaBrea Ave and killed 6 people with her Mercedes some woman was interviewed by msm who claimed she was a friend. Turns out it was some stranger looking for attention.

I would very much like to see LE vet this witness statement. Otherwise IMO it's just another social media rumor. MOO.
Ugh! That crash was just so awful. I did not know a random person did that? People are really not OK.

Maybe LE will make a statement of some sort? He does still seem credible and sincere to me, but I fully agree based on what we know, we have no way of knowing who he saw.

I do wish we knew the entire story, whatever it is.
Also? I may get snipped for saying this, but in their edited video, AWP removed the first tow truck driver statement that the call was so strange that he called his girlfriend afterward. And that his (the tow truck driver’s) girlfriend later verified after the fact that the encounter happened on the correct date because she said the next day was her dad’s birthday.

This is now missing from the version currently posted.

So there are two versions of tow truck driver’s story out there now—the most recent one has fewer details. MOO/YMMV.

Edited for clarity because I biffed a detail the first time around. (Thx @Beekarina)

Last edited:
I don't think LE would put out a BOLO when she had only been noticed missing for 2-3 hours, but I'm sure it is different situation to situation.
Very true. I thought about that after I posted that thought. But too late to edit it. Timing is everything!

Last edited:
Also? I may get snipped for saying this, but in their edited video, AWP removed the first tow truck driver statement that the female passenger verified after the fact that it was the correct date because she said the next day was her dad’s birthday. This was the girl who was asking how to buckle a seat belt.

So there are two versions of tow truck driver’s story out there now—the most recent one has fewer details. MOO/YMMV.

I'm confused?

I thought that it was the birthday of the Roadside Guy's girlfriend's father?

So, you're saying there was an earlier AWP video where the female in the couple said HER dad's birthday was the next day??? Please clarify. Thank you so much!

We have been told the video was “locked down” by the towing company. There’s no evidence this was actually furnished to law enforcement. The company could voluntarily just hand it over to LE (no warrant required). I hope that has happened.

If they have video, it would be VERY easy to prove it happened, and possibly identify who it was, but all they are saying is that the footage is locked down.
I haven't read any evidence it wasn't furnished to LE.

I thought he was insinuating the girl he saw was so impaired she couldn't figure out how to buckle her seat belt. I didn't get the impression he was hinting at domestic violence.
Well, you might want to read my 'transcription' of the DA guy's statements (not perfect, but close) from the 9/2 AWP video with a domestic violence hat on. I have reordered some of this to nest similar information together...
3:00 to 10:00
She was very hesitant and very skeptical on everything that was going on. Asking me very weird questions like how to use a seat belt, going over and over about how to use it firmly and correctly.

She was stating she was there all night, can't get vehicle started (until TTD helped her figure out car wouldn't start in Neutral). She was wearing a [light grey, he said later] sweatshirt. Looked like she'd been there quite a while.

Maybe she was hung over or had a very rough day. She seemed distressed.

There was a guy with her. Had a black San Francisco baseball cap on... with some brown hair coming out the sides... thinner build [maybe around 5'11" - TTD said he was 6'3" and held his hand about 4" lower than top of his head], wore a white Bro tank shirt, had freckles or maybe acne on both sides of his face.

Her phone was dead and she was using the guy's phone.

Both were kinda uneasy like they had a crazy day or crazy night. She was uncomfortable. Every time the guy would come over [to a side of the car] she'd be on the other side... [kept moving around like that].

[All he recalls seeing] is a perfume bottle in the center console.

I would think if he had a gun, she would have already seen it, and would not have "behaved strangely" to get attention. The guy, as described, does not seem to be the trafficking type, nor does she fit the victim profile of anyone being abducted for trafficking.
100% agree. I don’t even think this encounter happened, so you’ll get no argument from me :)

But we women are constantly seeing things about “silently signaling” to others in the event we are being held captive and need to get away.
Folding your fingers Into your fist, stickers on the inside of bathroom stalls with phone numbers/hotlines to call if you need help escaping an abductor,
Etc.

I'm confused?

I thought that it was the birthday of the Roadside Guy's girlfriend's father?

So, you're saying there was an earlier AWP video where the female in the couple said HER dad's birthday was the next day??? Please clarify. Thank you so much!
Ack, sorry! You’re right! My bad.it was his girlfriend’s father—the driver’s
gf. I’ll go edit now.

But curious they took that out of the current video, no?

Ack, sorry! You’re right! My bad.it was his girlfriend’s father—the driver’s
gf. I’ll go edit now.

But curious they took that out of the current video, no?

It IS curious.

Are they concerned people would be able to find his identity and go from there to obtain the date? I mean....

I'm personally too tired......lol

While watching the AWP video, they make it clear the "tow truck guy" approached them. He was interviewed by them because he feels it was Kiely.

AWP isn't going to waste their time with a no name looking for his 15 minutes if fame. MOO

Reminds of Roy Kronk who found Kaylee Anthony. So many, either didn't want to believe him or thought he wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

One other thing I noticed and wonder if others caught this:

The Roadside Guy often says "He/She would come over to us...: or "When we......"

I could not sort out if he means when he was explaining something about the vehicle to the young woman in the couple and that is who the "we" consisted of, OR if he was not alone on his call?

I think I am calling it a night, on that note.

I haven't read any evidence it wasn't furnished to LE.
If this was furnished to them about a week after KE went missing, LE did not change their timeline of the last sighting of KR. That means either LE didn’t check out the tip (MOO unlikely), or they checked it out and realized it wasn’t KR.

In either case, why still go to AWP and report this as some hot thing, This guy was pointing the finger straight at at KRs friends with this “sighting” and they had all had plenty of time to See if this encounter happened and was even relevant.

MOO.

100% agree. I don’t even think this encounter happened, so you’ll get no argument from me :)

But we women are constantly seeing things about “silently signaling” to others in the event we are being held captive and need to get away.
Folding your fingers Into your fist, stickers on the inside of bathroom stalls with phone numbers/hotlines to call if you need help escaping an abductor,
Etc.

I completely agree, and do not mean to sound insensitive to a situation that can be very real, for very many girls and women. My statement pertained to this specific supposed incident, where the male was described as almost identical to someone who most people following this case for a while would readily recognize. Not some stranger. JMO

ETA...I am very familiar with the Gabby Petito case, and personally, I see no similarities at all to the Kiely Rodni case. JMO

If this was furnished to them about a week after KE went missing, LE did not change their timeline of the last sighting of KR. That means either LE didn’t check out the tip (MOO unlikely), or they checked it out and realized it wasn’t KR.

In either case, why still go to AWP and report this as some hot thing, This guy was pointing the finger straight at at KRs friends with this “sighting” and they had all had plenty of time to See if this encounter happened and was even relevant.

MOO.
BBM
You said "That means either LE didn’t check out the tip (MOO unlikely), or they checked it out and realized it wasn’t KR."

Just like they checked Prosser and said she wasn't there.

MOO.
I don't understand this whole discussion. If the tow truck guy showed up right here on this very thread and told this story I would ask him for some kind of link or something, otherwise I would just consider it rumor. Unless he had gone through verification by the admin and been approved. There is literally NOTHING that backs up what this person is saying. Nothing. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow