Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone read the sticker on drivers front window?
datadot?..
That's what it looks like to me (before seeing you said that so that didn't make my mind go in that direction). Maybe ".com" at the end? Although after squinting at it for a while I really think it says DataDotDNA.

FOUND IT! It is DataDotDNA.

ETA - MOO.

1662508410966.png1662508745449.png
Source: DataDotDNA® ToolMate - DataDot Technology Ltd

That's what it looks like to me (before seeing you said that so that didn't make my mind go in that direction). Maybe ".com" at the end? Although after squinting at it for a while I really think it says DataDotDNA.

FOUND IT! It is DataDotDNA.

ETA - MOO.

View attachment 364692View attachment 364694
Source: DataDotDNA® ToolMate - DataDot Technology Ltd
wonder if that sticker was on it before whoever in the Rodni family bought it.
if not, i would guess that it could have to do with Kiely's dad.
MOO

Does anyone have any idea what this is across the undercarriage of the CRV? Rear of car, near exhaust, etc?

I cleaned up the image a bit. View attachment 364604

The turning it? What is this? Unusual? View attachment 364605
Nice work @Beekarina! I am only on my phone right now. So not great image magnification. But my first guess is not a hitch but rather red, wide tiedown straps (cut?) one would use when towing. BUT what doesn't make sense is they appear connected to the bumper, not the frame. All IMO and with limited analysis!

@franker, @RANCH?

are we certain that red thing isn't part of the guys wetsuit perhaps?

to me it looks like a sticker that has a barcode on it.
Nope. I've done both (not at the same time!) - dived with a wet suit and used tie-down straps to secure a car to a trailer. I think what you see is a label - like a weight capacity warning - on the strap(s). But because that is such an odd place to attach a tie-down strap it seems surreal. Just not sure I'm seeing that right.

Nice work @Beekarina! I am only on my phone right now. So not great image magnification. But my first guess is not a hitch but rather red, wide tiedown straps (cut?) one would use when towing. BUT what doesn't make sense is they appear connected to the bumper, not the frame. All IMO and with limited analysis!

@franker, @RANCH?

@franker, @RANCH?
If I'm thinking this image is cleaned up more from another post that was discussed earlier a few pages back it wasn't attached it was sticking out from inside the car like a strap of some sort some posters thought it could be a seatbelt. That post made it appear that it was sticking out from the backside hatch door when its closed or shut. It looked like it was sticking out from the edge I commented that it looked like a strap. But here if its the same image cleaned up it looks like a seatbelt. I could be wrong of course.

Nope. I've done both (not at the same time!) - dived with a wet suit and used tie-down straps to secure a car to a trailer. I think what you see is a label - like a weight capacity warning - on the strap(s). But because that is such an odd place to attach a tie-down strap it seems surreal. Just not sure I'm seeing that right.
While we're at it, should we loop back to the mysterious abandoned pick-up truck an OP said their local friend or family member noticed next to the Prosser Lake boatramp - and hopefully reported to LE?

Seems far-fetched, so this is all IMO. But what if that pick-up truck was used to tow KR's car to the Prosser boat ramp (mind you, it's ~0.8 miles from where KR's car was found per an OP) and got stuck? The person describing the truck said it appeared stuck in mud... but now if we have a tow strap attached to KR's car?

ET: clarify

Last edited:
If I'm thinking this image is cleaned up more from another post that was discussed earlier a few pages back it wasn't attached it was sticking out from inside the car like a strap of some sort some posters thought it could be a seatbelt. That post made it appear that it was sticking out from the backside hatch door when its closed or shut. It looked like it was sticking out from the edge I commented that it looked like a strap. But here if its the same image cleaned up it looks like a seatbelt. I could be wrong of course.
I dunno, I've studied both images a bit. The fuzzy black belt thing is at the joint of the hatch door, IMO. This 'new' reddish set of belts at or attached to the bumper - so it appears - is different to me. We may have two sets of belts that we're seeing??

BBM

I get what you are saying and agree to some extent.

The problem, IMO, is that the slick videos are what allow them to go onto the next job. Without them they would never have been in a position to do what they did or whatever they will do next.

I also agree that if they could develop some bifurcation between the evidentiary and the dramatic I would feel a little bit better about it. But I don't know how feasible that would be.

JMHO
Many companies that do good work rely on support from YouTube clicks. JMO Websleuths has had a channel for quite some time now, and we all enjoy it. I don't think the criticism of Nick it's warranted. JMO

I dunno, I've studied both images a bit. The fuzzy black belt thing is at the joint of the hatch door, IMO. This 'new' reddish set of belts at or attached to the bumper - so it appears - is different to me. We may have two sets of belts that we're seeing??
I think you are correct. I see what you mean by attached to it now. Yes you are correct about the image I was trying to describe from an ealier post.

While we're at it, should we loop back to the mysterious abandoned pick-up truck an OP said their local friend or family member noticed next to the Prosser Lake boatramp - and hopefully reported to LE?

Seems far-fetched, so this is all IMO. But what if that tow truck was used to bring KR's car to the Prosser boat ramp (mind you, it's ~0.8 miles from where KR's car was found per an OP) and got stuck? The person describing the truck said it appeared stuck in mud... but now if we have a tow strap attached to KR's car?
I’d have to go back & find his post (I wish he hadn’t left - he was great w local info!) but I think his friend saw the abandoned vehicle a day or so after the party.

Keep in mind Kiely was a minor. So..... penalties for certain types of foul play would have long term unpleasant consequences for an individual. It also could cost a family finances and emotional distress, loss of reputation, etc. You could have a very difficult time trying to repair a reputation or credibility, years or maybe never.
Excellent point. Though the laws protecting KR from herself are easily ignored (alcohol, provisional drivers license, curfew) the laws protecting minors from harm from others have, rightfully, been more rigorously enforced.
Images from the party depict a high school party reminiscent of any time during the past half century (when minors were crudely referred to as ‘jail bait’). Perhaps this gathering was more ‘epic’ but the images show about a 2:1 ratio males/females.
Such a vulnerable situation for KR to be in. Abandoned by friends and entrusted to pilot her CR-V safely home (the clock is ticking) and, presumably, intoxicated.
The toxic male environment is ratcheted up during the bewitching hour. Perhaps the strangest aspect of this case is the dearth of eyewitnesses seeing KR leave the party.
We’ve looked at a gazillion images, maps and a coupla excellent videos of the scene but I am still clueless of sight lines from the party to the beach.
IME, this would be a natural satellite site to a large, loud party. Was there really nobody there and no view of the water from ‘the Sanctuary’?
At any rate, realizing her predicament, I can see KR, being strong-willed, only entrusting someone she knew to ‘sure, I can drive you out to the highway, I’m parked right there’ (or any other such interludes). Instead, the perceived knight, sensing an opportunity to extend the party, turns right, instead of left, approaching the beach. Sensing danger, perhaps a struggle initiated by KR in the vehicle ensues. Or, maybe, willingly but realizing the detour was not passable a three-point turn led to a gear mishap (N or R instead of D).
If entering the reservoir, however, I’ve learned the difficulty of escaping a submerged vehicle after ‘turtling’. At this point, chivalry is dead and the larger, stronger individual is first to escape and too late for anyone else.
I’ve always favored a Chpqdc-type (sp?) scenario. Not outright foul play but hanky-panky gone awry.
(If there were no witnesses to Teddy and it wasn’t his car, he woulda got away with it and been Prez).
ET: correct typos and add, in this Teddy-scenario, the crime is leaving or failing to report an accident

Last edited:

Are the seatbelt straps black color in her 2013 silver SUV? My SUV interior is gray and the seatbelts are also gray. Wonder if the interior of Kiely's car was black and so black seat belts straps?

I think you are correct. I see what you mean by attached to it now. Yes you are correct about the image I was trying to describe from an ealier post.

When I first noticed them, I went and pulled up images of CRV undercarriage to try and sort out if something standard had broken, but I could not sort anything obvious.

Let me put an unedited screenshot in. Back in a minute.

Edited to add image: look across the "bottom". See? Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.36.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.48.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.36.43 PM.png

Are the seatbelt straps black color in her 2013 silver SUV? My SUV interior is gray and the seatbelts are also gray. Wonder if the interior of Kiely's car was black and so black seat belts straps?
In some images, her interior appears beige, in others it looks charcoal grey. I'm not certain the image provided with an open door in a sandy environment (another poster said it looked like a junkyard) is her car?

In the snow covered image, her seats look dark, but then her windows also appear tinted, so perhaps it is lighting in the image?

I will be back and add

Ok so her seatbelts would not be black, but underwater they would be wet.....Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.36.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.36.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.33.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-06 at 9.34.16 PM.png

Last edited:

@franker, @RANCH?
Sorry, I can't tell from theses images what they may be.

I’d have to go back & find his post (I wish he hadn’t left - he was great w local info!) but I think his friend saw the abandoned vehicle a day or so after the party.
What local are you talking about that left? We have one that's still here (Truckeeite). Last posted yesterday at 8:05pm PST. Is that who you are talking about or is there another local that I wasn't aware of?

Excellent point. Though the laws protecting KR from herself are easily ignored (alcohol, provisional drivers license, curfew) the laws protecting minors from harm from others have, rightfully, been more rigorously enforced.
Images from the party depict a high school party reminiscent of any time during the past half century (when minors were crudely referred to as ‘jail bait’). Perhaps this gathering was more ‘epic’ but the images show about a 2:1 ratio males/females.
Such a vulnerable situation for KR to be in. Abandoned by friends and entrusted to pilot her CR-V safely home (the clock is ticking) and, presumably, intoxicated.
The toxic male environment is ratcheted up during the bewitching hour. Perhaps the strangest aspect of this case is the dearth of eyewitnesses seeing KR leave the party.
We’ve looked at a gazillion images, maps and a coupla excellent videos of the scene but I am still clueless of sight lines from the party to the beach.
IME, this would be a natural satellite site to a large, loud party. Was there really nobody there and no view of the water from ‘the Sanctuary’?
At any rate, realizing her predicament, I can see KR, being strong-willed, only entrusting someone she knew to ‘sure, I can drive you out to the highway, I’m parked right there’ (or any other such interludes). Instead, the perceived knight, sensing an opportunity to extend the party, turns right, instead of left, approaching the beach. Sensing danger, perhaps a struggle initiated by KR in the vehicle ensues. Or, maybe, willingly but realizing the detour was not passable a three-point turn led to a gear mishap (N or R instead of D).
If entering the reservoir, however, I’ve learned the difficulty of escaping a submerged vehicle after ‘turtling’. At this point, chivalry is dead and the larger, stronger individual is first to escape and too late for anyone else.
I’ve always favored a Chpqdc-type (sp?) scenario. Not outright foul play but hanky-panky gone awry.
(If there were no witnesses to Teddy and it wasn’t his car, he woulda got away with it and been Prez).
ET: correct typos and add, in this Teddy-scenario, the crime is leaving or failing to report an accident
Yes, @sfinkz, I have been a big proponent of a Chappaquiddick Incident (1969) idea to explain poor KR's demise. But with newer data I am sadly thinking a deeper layer of foul play. I like your thinking though.

What local are you talking about that left? We have one that's still here (Truckeeite). Last posted yesterday at 8:05pm PST. Is that who you are talking about or is there another local that I wasn't aware of?
No, the other local OP is from T1 but his/her description of this abandoned pick-up truck at the Prosser Lake boat ramp has resurfaced on and off T2-now.

They look like they are gray to me but it's a little hard to tell for sure. Gray would also go best with a silver exterior. Black would look weird I'd think.

1662514965437.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member