Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the info that the car was located at point 4? Thanks.
Sure seems like it....
So, a minor thing to think about...a lot of cars have cameras that activate when you engage reverse... We have a similar situation between our property and the roadway. If delivery folks decide to back out to the roadway...and don't use the actual driveway, they tend to get stuck because they don't have any depth perception in reverse through the camera...
I wonder if she was having trouble getting out and backed up...accidentally went off backwards and...the rest is history. It drops off really fast right there.

Elizabeth Smart was from a very wealthy family. She was 14 when she was abducted and kept for 9 months. Granted she wasn’t trafficked but anyone can be taken now a days. They don’t all fit a certain pattern. Elizabeth Smart | Biography
Exactly, she wasn't trafficked, which is specifically what I was talking about.

Although incredibly rare on the whole, stranger abductions do happen. But for one to happen here, with her car missing, alcohol involved, and water nearby; that wasn't a likely option.

That's the one. When I saw that I was convinced that was her, also (just my theory) I see a kink on the drive out on that road before the turning for the boat ramp and anyone (intoxicated or not) could easily miss it realize they are heading down the steep slope, try to oversteer and flip the car so it would roll down. (just my gut theory though)

Thank you!

2 is roughly where the party was, 4 is where the car was found. Was this a suicide at 12:33 AM, or did she get her directions turned around and was the water like a mirage where she drove in without realizing it?

View attachment 360920
Interesting that the area by #4 (car) is where the local who deleted his account said the FBI was insistent the party was, whereas the local was adamant - based on local buzz - that the party was at #2.

JMO

Pictures of the location from across Prosser Reservoir where the car was found.

images from across the lake

It appears this location is on the complete opposite side of where the boat ramp is located. Based off the maps, it looks like Kiely made 2 lefts straight to the water's edge.

It hurt typing that last sentence.

IMO
Right. Across from the boat ramp. jmo

Like this one? I posted this Fri and it was removed. Steve Fisher was the investigator who provided the drone footage. Folks on SM were focused on water ripples to the right but many there also saw this rectangular object and tire tracks to the left leading to the water. Start watching at 1:00 and it moves toward you in the lower middle as he passes over it. I don't know if this was her car, but the area seems to be similarly located based on what I've seen of comparisons of trees to the left in this footage and today's footage.

View attachment 360930
KR-party-lake-footage.mp4
All I saw were reflections of the clouds, the glare makes it too difficult to see anything unless the water is super shallow.

Maybe we should be very glad she was alone. No reason why two families should be suffering this loss.

I think what the prior poster meant that if there were two people in the car, the presence of the second person might have been able to point out what was going to happen, correct the problem, and/or maybe even get help quicker. MOO.

UGH another video. Can we just get a still diagram?
Yes, I watched enough of the video to get the location. If you think the location is incorrect, please let me know - I'll double check. I'm curious about how she ended upside down in 14 feet of water. The water has steep drops near shore, but did the water appear like a puddle mirage, did she push the gas when she meant to push the brakes, what happened? Was she intoxicated and unable to drive?

Where was the party, where did people park. This could be suicide, accident, or murder. Toxicology will tell us whether she was in any condition to drive.

1661131165045.png

Thanks. I have no idea who that YouTuber is. I'll wait for official data. Thanks!
Neither do I, except that sleuth youtuber is an approved source here at WS for many discussions about missing and murdered persons. His information is trusted by WS for a while now.

He's like the rest of us. Sometimes he gets it wrong, so he re-thinks it, but he backs-up his opinion with facts and tells a story or theory that is usually accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow