Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be the location nearest where the car ended up, but it might not be where the car entered the water. It could have drifted before it sank, or been moved along the bottom by currents.

In fact, it seems likely that they would do the recovery from a different spot, so they could preserve any evidence from tracks heading to the water.

Young women of her victimology aren't abducted and trafficked, despite viral social media posts. That was never on the table for me.

They actually are abducted and trafficked, more frequently these days than in years past. A high-profile case happened just this summer and there are many more out there.

But that wasn't the most likely scenario here and turned out not to be the case.

We should all still be on-guard because it really could happen to anyone these days.

This probably doesn’t have anything new. I’m amazed by finding her ‘after a few minutes of diving,’ but I’d guess that their sonar showed them exactly where to dive.

Amazing people, and I love their name!

BBM - Yes, that's what the article you linked says:

“Our sonar showed an object bigger than a rock that shouldn’t have been there,” Cantu said, adding that sonar tech can miss large objects if operators aren’t properly trained. “One of our divers went underwater and was able to identify a vehicle.”

This seems to be the location nearest where the car ended up, but it might not be where the car entered the water. It could have drifted before it sank, or been moved along the bottom by currents.

In fact, it seems likely that they would do the recovery from a different spot, so they could preserve any evidence from tracks heading to the water.

I was shocked by the current in the live video. I didn't have any idea it could be that strong.

They actually are abducted and trafficked, more frequently these days than in years past. A high-profile case happened just this summer and there are many more out there.

But that wasn't the most likely scenario here and turned out not to be the case.

We should all still be on-guard because it really could happen to anyone these days.
There are details there that I'm not going to get into, as it will derail the discussion, but there's way more to that story.

I think what the prior poster meant that if there were two people in the car, the presence of the second person might have been able to point out what was going to happen, correct the problem, and/or maybe even get help quicker. MOO.

I know; that’s what was meant.I doubt that it would have worked out that way, though.

There’s a reason why it was illegal for her to be driving with another teenager in the car at any time of day, and illegal for her to be driving after 11:00 pm. As a general rule, having someone else in the car would be an added distraction that simply added to the risk, for both of them. Obviously, there’s no way the risk could have been greater for her—but I seriously doubt that another kid could have helped the situation.

This probably doesn’t have anything new. I’m amazed by finding her ‘after a few minutes of diving,’ but I’d guess that their sonar showed them exactly where to dive.

Amazing people, and I love their name!
it's crazy they use a hot air balloon to survey the lake first.

In this map, the brown lines are topography elevations. There's a steep drop of 10 feet near the location where her car was found.

I'm curious where people parked at the party - which road?

View attachment 360927
Do you happen to know if the gray line down to the water where the car was located is a boat ramp?

An intoxicated young teen driving herself home, at night, in an area with bodies of water. Again Occam's razor proves that the simplest theory with minimal variables typically is the correct one. We should wait for forensics to analyse the scene and assess first but I put my hand up and take responsibility for assuming this was an accidental OD and a cover up.

RIP Kiely

Interesting that the area by #4 (car) is where the local who deleted his account said the FBI was insistent the party was, whereas the local was adamant - based on local buzz - that the party was at #2.

JMO
That explains my confusion. Point 2 was mentioned upthread as the party location, but that leaves a lot of options for parking, including on shore near 4. Maybe the party moved up and down the shore, with vehicles parked on several forks in the road. If it's true that there were 2-300 people, perhaps 100 cars ... was Kiely parked near the area where the car was found even though the main party was near point 2?

I'm curious whether her phone is plugged in and her seatbelt is on.

1661131813028.png

RIP, sweet girl. You deserved so much better.
I do feel that since it was said that “she was in no state to drive” someone should have called her mother and offered to camp overnight with her. It was disastrous for this poor kid to head out for home, and she barely made it out of the parking area.

Yes, I watched enough of the video to get the location. If you think the location is incorrect, please let me know - I'll double check. I'm curious about how she ended upside down in 14 feet of water. The water has steep drops near shore, but did the water appear like a puddle mirage, did she push the gas when she meant to push the brakes, what happened? Was she intoxicated and unable to drive?

Where was the party, where did people park. This could be suicide, accident, or murder. Toxicology will tell us whether she was in any condition to drive.

View attachment 360935
So she needed to keep on the road curving to the left but instead she made that turn (which she needed to brake to make the turn?) on the right. What is the soil composition of that turn into the water- is it hard packed dirt, silt or sand?

That explains my confusion. Point 2 was mentioned upthread as the party location, but that leaves a lot of options for parking, including on shore near 4. Maybe the party moved up and down the shore, with vehicles parked on several forks in the road. If it's true that there were 2-300 people, perhaps 100 cars ... was Kiely parked near the area where the car was found even though the main party was near point 2?

I'm curious whether her phone is plugged in and her seatbelt is on.

View attachment 360939
Yes, all good questions and thoughts. The party attendees may not have been able to answer the question of what happened to her, but they need to provide LE answers to parking, if there was any activity in this area, etc.

Frankly, it’s hard to believe that - if this is really the party hub others have claimed it is - this hasn’t happened before considering how easily accessible the banks of this reservoir are.

JMO

Oh I'm just so hurt and pi$$ed right now. Sounds like she was alone. Crumbs! Alone! That just hurts...
If she hadn't been alone maybe the outcome would have been different...
To be fair, I'd guess many of the kids (and adults) at the party were under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. If someone else had been in the car we might have two deceased teens instead of one. (and one is one too many imo)

An intoxicated young teen driving herself home, at night, in an area with bodies of water. Again Occam's razor proves that the simplest theory with minimal variables typically is the correct one. We should wait for forensics to analyse the scene and assess first but I put my hand up and take responsibility for assuming this was an accidental OD and a cover up.

RIP Kiely
We've all been speculating. Now at least there is some closure. We still do not know what happened. We hope a competent autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death, the substances in her system, and any other circumstances. This is still the easiest and most likely place that someone would have dumped the car and body if there were coverup of an OD or crime. Let's hope we get more answers soon.

Many say Occam's razor for her driving herself into the lake. Maybe it's because I would always get sick before getting that intoxicated that it doesn't seem Occam's razor to me. I can't fathom being intoxicated enough to drive into a lake, and I've done plenty of drinking in my lifetime. But I realized today maybe my own biology biases me in not understanding how getting sick has always protected me from extreme intoxication.

We've all been speculating. Now at least there is some closure. We still do not know what happened. We hope a competent autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death, the substances in her system, and any other circumstances. This is still the easiest and most likely place that someone would have dumped the car and body if there were coverup of an OD or crime. Let's hope we get more answers soon.

Many say Occam's razor for her driving herself into the lake. Maybe it's because I would always get sick before getting that intoxicated that it doesn't seem Occam's razor to me. I can't fathom being intoxicated enough to drive into a lake, and I've done plenty of drinking in my lifetime. But I realized today maybe my own biology biases me in not understanding how getting sick has always protected me from extreme intoxication.
It's not what happens to us specifically, but what happens to others. This sort of thing happens with incredible frequency, whether those involved survive or not.

But I obviously see where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow