GUILTY CA - Killer targeting the homeless (3 dead, 2 hurt), San Diego, July 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW 😮😮😮😮😮

I don't know what to say about this except I hope someone can verify his alibi. This is a shocker, is the real murderer still around thinking he got away with these horrible crimes? Do you think he's still in the SD area?

The Captain is asking people for help to identify the person caught on camera.

I understand we can't sleuth A, but I never did hear nor find out if he was at the gasoline station.

O/T Thanks to all the help of my questions about homeless people with cellular phones.

I respect the SDPD because something tossed them another bone, so to speak, because this could be a death penalty case.

Still in awe 😳

JMO 🐮

Thanks I hope I didn't cross any TOS

News8 called it a bombshell, but they didn't say it like Nancy Grace would.

I know! So close in looks, with hat wearing similarities, a past that fit, and yet a freaky coincidence.

The person in the video depending on the camera angle and lighting seems to sometimes appear older then younger.

Video
https://www.facebook.com/sandiegopo...188729503444/1059551600800483/?type=2&theater

Oh my word he has on gloves in the middle of the summer? What is he hiding?

1. Scars
2. Tattoos
3. Missing finger
4. Bloody hand(gross)

Well SDPD/FBI certainly has good surveillance video to work with to capture a clear image.

Wondering what type of drink he purchased and if the sales clerk could ID him if they seen him later?

JMO 🐮

It sounds as if the SDPD still firmly believes the man in the surveillance photos is the killer. Whether that man is Padgett is yet to be seen (although A.P. himself admits he looks like the guy)

Police still believe the man in those images is responsible for the four grisly attacks that began July 3. On Monday, Nisleit again asked the public to help identify him.

When Padgett was taken from police headquarters to jail Thursday, he declared his innocence to nearby reporters. “We’re innocent, innocent. We look like the person. We’re innocent,” Padgett said in a clip posted by 10News reporter Bree Steffen.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jul/11/padgett-released-attacks-on-homeless/

The news said something about the one surviving victim, but I didn't catch what they said concerning identifying their attacker.

They have not mentioned, as far as I know, what "Elliot" the store clerk who sold the suspect the gas can and fuel had to say regarding the identification of the released person. Guessing that the person released was not in that store at all that day, maybe per "Elliot", plus the released person may have had a confirmed alibi.

I'm betting "Elliot" should be able to identify the killer. He actually saw the person close up, heard that person's voice, and sold him the gas can and fuel.

Oh my word he has on gloves in the middle of the summer? What is he hiding?

1. Scars
2. Tattoos
3. Missing finger
4. Bloody hand(gross)

Well SDPD/FBI certainly has good surveillance video to work with to capture a clear image.

Wondering what type of drink he purchased and if the sales clerk could ID him if they seen him later?

JMO ��

Yes, MOO, wearing gloves in summer in SD is asking for special notice and attention.

I wonder if LE ever found the discarded gas can that he bought. No fingerprints because he was wearing gloves, but he must've ditched the gas can someplace. He sure nervously touched lots of things in the store.

SDPD said a person of interest in the attacks was recorded on a gas station surveillance camera just a few blocks from the Moreno Boulevard attack, allegedly buying things to lights a fire.

“This guy walked in and asked me if we have gas cans here and we do. So I kind of reached for one,” Elliott said.

Elliot told NBC 7, the man in the surveillance video bought a gas can, one gallon of fuel, a lighter and gum.

“He was kind of nervous and a fast talker so I made a joke with him. Kind of like, 'you talk too fast' but he was kind of looking at me funny,” Elliott said.

About 15 minutes later, after firefighters extinguished a fire under an overpass near the Interstate 5, they discovered the charred remains of a homeless man.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...385505941.html

Yes, MOO, wearing gloves in summer in SD is asking for special notice and attention.

I wonder if LE ever found the discarded gas can that he bought. No fingerprints because he was wearing gloves, but he must've ditched the gas can someplace. He sure nervously touched lots of things in the store.

Agreed and the drink he purchased.

Was there a surveillance camera outside showing possible vehicles he may have driven? Surely there would be cameras outside as well.

Lawl, this one is going to bother me too.

JMO 🐮

Agreed and the drink he purchased.

Was there a surveillance camera outside showing possible vehicles he may have driven? Surely there would be cameras outside as well.

Lawl, this one is going to bother me too.

JMO ��

You ask good questions.

I don't think he bought a drink. OH, VIDEO SHOWS HE DID! See my post above yours. The news link no longer works, glad I copied what it said. Now, it seems they're keeping mention of "Elliot" the store clerk out of the news for the time being.

Things I hope LE will confirm soon.
- Do they still think all four attacks were from one person? (adding a Yes)
Police still believe the man in those images is responsible for the four grisly attacks that began July 3. On Monday, Nisleit again asked the public to help identify him.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jul/11/padgett-released-attacks-on-homeless/

- Do they still believe this person uses public transit?

Is the homeless killer still in town? Did he feel safe to stick around once someone else was taken into custody?

One of the things I noticed in the video is that he doesn't seem clumsy with his hands when he picks things up, so he may be used to wearing gloves regularly.

If he's a firebug, hiding scars from failed attempts would seem like a possibility.

Have there been other incidents we haven't heard of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if the attacks on sleeping homeless resume. Would the real perp stop his attacks while A was in jail and resume them after his release? That seems a little too clever to me.

Stay safe, homeless folks!

It sounds as if the SDPD still firmly believes the man in the surveillance photos is the killer. Whether that man is Padgett is yet to be seen (although A.P. himself admits he looks like the guy)

When Padgett was taken from police headquarters to jail Thursday, he declared his innocence to nearby reporters. “We’re innocent, innocent. We look like the person. We’re innocent,” Padgett said in a clip posted by 10News reporter Bree Steffen.

So who is we as in "we're innocent"?

The ears on the guy in the video are rather large. It's easily observable so hopefully that will help.

Lol. It's the schizophrenic defense 101 tactic right there.

His lawyer is probably salivating as we speak. Lol

Dexter, I have to admit I was kind of thinking along the same lines.

Dionicio Derek Vahidy, 23, of San Diego died Sunday
Warning you might cry if you watch the video. I did.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...eless-Attacks-Remembers-Friend-386369261.html

One neighbor said, "He's with God now. He doesn't have to be homeless anymore.
He's in his forever home."

Lacy said Vahidy was staying with his aunt and sister right before the attack. His sister was trying to get him to stay with them that night.
Lacy said she may never know why Vahidy decided to go back to sleeping on the streets that night.

"I don't understand what was going on, or how any of that had happened, or why he was out there," she said.

She said Vahidy was a University High graduate with the class of 2012 and went to Mesa College. They were close friends, but late last month, he had stopped answering her calls and texts, so she decided to let it be.

"It's sad to me because I saw on the news his last words were 'God Bless You and may God be with you, and that's just crazy," Lacy said, breaking down.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...eless-Attacks-Remembers-Friend-386369261.html

Wow, craaaazy coincidence if it's not him. Looks a lot like him to me, moo.

Maybe they still do think it's him, but just have nothing to legally hold him.

This is nuts! I just found the thread this morning. Over the last week I've watched a couple of documentaries about the homeless in Los Angeles. If you're a fan of documentaries, one is "Without a Home" written and directed by Rachel Fleischer. The other is "Lost Angels: Skid Row Is My Home". They're both well done. One goes into more of the local political and community response which seems to be along the lines of SD's "rocks" and moving of the homeless population. The other gets into more individual stories.

I have been homeless. I have stayed in shelters twice. Both times were only because I had circumstances that merited being there. I preferred the streets and had it not been for those circumstance, I probably would never have gone into a shelter. I am sure some are wonderful, but my personal experience doesn't warrant that description. That was a long time ago and I am very fortunate things turned around for me.

As far as this case, I truly hope the police do find this guy, although I feel they already had him. Exculpatory evidence, especially if they're stressing that, may just mean they feel the need to tighten the net a bit more. Maybe it's a case where they have greatly conflicting descriptions. Who knows what the guy in the video had in the backpack, it could've been a disguise/change of clothing....? So the footage, along with the clerk's info, point to this guy wearing or looking one way....Guy leaves, changes clothing/adds disguise...Witness(es) on the highway describe a completely different looking individual. Viola! Reasonable doubt. Of course, I am not an attorney. I'm just typing aloud here. Can a person's prior arrest and conviction be brought up later (e.g., jury made aware, consideration in a plea deal, etc.)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back