DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hiker finds skeletal remains in Lake LA
VALLEY PRESS STAFF REPORT Jul 15, 2020

A hiker made a gruesome discovery on Monday, near the area of 230th East and East Ave, P-3, in Lake Los Angeles.

...investigating the skeletal remains...

Snip

... searched the scene and surrounding area and discovered the human remains of an additional victim.

The identity and cause of death of both victims is unknown at this time...no additional information available at this time.

I think this is the NamUs page for one set the remains found.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP78217
ME/C Case Number 2020-06294

Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range 25-55
Estimated Year of Death 2020
Estimated PMI 6 Weeks
Height 5' 1"-5' 8"(61-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Palmdale, California 93591
County Los Angeles County

Circumstances of Recovery The decedent and another body were found mummified in the desert in Palmdale on 7/13/2020. Please see coroner case 2020-06305 - NamUs UP 78218.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Mummified

Physical Description
Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Thick, straight ~4" on top, very short on sides

Clothing
Burgundy Sweatshirt "Reflex" - size M
Orange T-shirt
Blue Jean Pants "Steve" - size ??x32
Gray Boxer Brief Underwear "Velan" - size M
2 Black Socks

Jewelry Three Rosaries

The LA Medical Examiner-Coroner page for this UID gives an interesting detail that is not mentioned on NamUs.

Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner

Skeletal remains fnd in a Palmdale desert well on 7/13/20- had been there since at least 6/13/20. Found document(s) reflected the name/ DOB of- Eduardo Noriega Arroyo, DOB 12/08/1991. A 2nd set of skeletal remains also found in the well- reference Coroner Case Number 2020-06305.

I couldn't find the NamUs or LAMEC page for the second set of remains, even though they are both mentioned on the NamUs and LAMEC pages for the first set. I hope that person has been identified already.

Thank you for responding Iulia, I had a heart attack, because I have a friend with a very similar name, living in the same area but different birthday and Middle Name but not him. I did some research on Facebook, ended up finding a family member in Mexico looking for the man , whom his name on the papers. I forwarded her the links to the info, she will contact the detectives to see if it is their missing Uncle or if they need to provide DNA. Hope they can get answers and closure. This is in my area, which is desert. There has been an increase a lot of cartel activity and big illegal pot grows in the remote desert recently.

Thank you for responding Iulia, I had a heart attack, because I have a friend with a very similar name, living in the same area but different birthday and Middle Name but not him. I did some research on Facebook, ended up finding a family member in Mexico looking for the man , whom his name on the papers. I forwarded her the links to the info, she will contact the detectives to see if it is their missing Uncle or if they need to provide DNA. Hope they can get answers and closure. This is in my area, which is desert. There has been an increase a lot of cartel activity and big illegal pot grows in the remote desert recently.
Wow, I'm glad that it wasn't your friend, that would have been terrible to find out this way.. I appreciate you reaching out to the family searching for their uncle. While it would be a terrible outcome, at least it could bring them some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back