GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they close off the road to the home today? Are they searching that immediate area again? Or blocking Looky-Lous from coming through?

ETA:

Noelle Walker ‏@noellewalker 1m
CHP blocking rd to house where #LeilaFowler stabbed. What FBI is doing & what residents don't need to do @5 @KTVU pic.twitter.com/cYXKU2Ueoi

For the second day in a row, investigators work to clear brush around the home where 8-year-old Leila Fowler was stabbed to death almost a week ago.

Earlier in the investigation, detectives found knives at the crime scene, but won’t reveal if that includes the murder weapon.

Sometimes these cases get frustrating, and all of a sudden you get a break,” said Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz. “We are looking for that one break.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...s-searching-for-clues-in-leila-fowler-murder/

they are searching the brushy or overgrown areas around the home in hopes that perp left behind some clue or evidence (footprints, fibers, blood, fingerprints, a weapon) as he ran from the home. Its a good idea, if I am a perp running from a fatal attack I just committed, I am hiding in the brush or other areas that afford some protection from being viewed by neighbors or passersby. And IF I still have the weapon on me, before going out of the hidden areas, I am likely to hide or dump it somewhere before coming out into a more visible area.

FOX40 spoke with the Calaveras County Coroner shortly after he had completed his preliminary autopsy of Leila Fowler. He told us Leila had suffered multiple stab wounds, but died from shock and hemorrhage. In other words, she died because of loss of blood from her wounds.

He also told Fox40 that, other than the stab wounds, there were no signs of abuse on the 8-year-old girl, including sexual abuse.

Read more: http://fox40.com/local-news/stories/valley-springs-girl-killed/#ixzz2SHXoW0p5
____
I had not read the part I bolded, above.
Thank You, God.

they are searching the brushy or overgrown areas around the home in hopes that perp left behind some clue or evidence (footprints, fibers, blood, fingerprints, a weapon) as he ran from the home. Its a good idea, if I am a perp running from a fatal attack I just committed, I am hiding in the brush or other areas that afford some protection from being viewed by neighbors or passersby. And IF I still have the weapon on me, before going out of the hidden areas, I am likely to hide or dump it somewhere before coming out into a more visible area.

I read at some point that they were using metal detectors. Which makes me believe that they may not believe the knives they took from the home are related to the murder.

I'm thinking LE knows exactly who the perp is but are getting their ducks in a row.

Very odd the family has nothing to say, IMO. The father standing in front of the police station with LE giving updates and he has his hands shoved in his pockets. The wife/gf has to stick her hand in his pocket to hold it. Very cold and closed off. No tears or sobs either. Not digging him at all.

I hope & kind of think LE may have a good idea what happened. But, ohhh gosh these parents are probably in shock; their whole world turned upside-down, that will never be the same again. For me, personally I haven't seen enough to form any kind of opinion yet.

I hope & kind of think LE may have a good idea what happened. But, ohhh gosh these parents are probably in shock; their whole world turned upside-down, that will never be the same again. For me, personally I haven't seen enough to form any kind of opinion yet.

I don't know what to think... The pressor saying no danger to public but to be vigilant? As opposed to lockdown when the crime was first committed? I'm confused

I don't know what to think... The pressor saying no danger to public but to be vigilant? As opposed to lockdown when the crime was first committed? I'm confused

I don't know what to think either. I feel like we are getting very mixed messages from LE---and then I wonder if they are doing it on purpose, to keep a suspect off guard---but then again, they might really have no clue, and the messages are mixed because they got nothing.

I don't know what to think either. I feel like we are getting very mixed messages from LE---and then I wonder if they are doing it on purpose, to keep a suspect off guard---but then again, they might really have no clue, and the messages are mixed because they got nothing.

If they have no idea, it is very wrong to say others should not be worried, IMO. Better to leave it alone entirely. Or tell the community to be extra cautious-that can't hurt.

If they have no idea, it is very wrong to say others should not be worried, IMO. Better to leave it alone entirely. Or tell the community to be extra cautious-that can't hurt.

That's what I was thinking. Reminds me of the Kyron case when they said there wasn't a perceived threat to the community, that it was an isolated incident.

Jmo

Forgive me for asking what may all ready be in some report somewhere, as I've only started reading a few articles on these last couple pages (mostly mired in other threads on here!). My question involves these accounts:

"The crime was reported about 12:15 p.m. Saturday, when Leila’s parents phoned 911 dispatchers, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The parents were at a baseball game when their 12-year-old son called to tell them an intruder was in their home, Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Macedo said.
The boy briefly pursued the intruder, who then fled the home, Macedo said.
When the boy went to check on Leila, who had been in a different room, he found she had been stabbed.
Dispatchers then called the boy at home, but details of the conversation are not being released.
Several sheriff’s deputies arrived at the home along with emergency responders. A California Highway Patrol helicopter flew from Sacramento to Valley Springs to search for the intruder.
Leila was taken to Mark Twain Medical Center in San Andreas, where she was pronounced dead at 1:01 p.m., according to Calaveras County Coroner Kevin Raggio."
http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Kidnap-suspect-eyed-in-Fowler-case

So, here are my questions, based only on my attempts at logic and sorting out the shoddy reporting from accurate reporting:

about 12 PM - son calls parents at ballgame to report an intruder (they have a cellphone)

12:15 PM - parents call 911, presumably while enroute to home

about 12:25-30 PM - parents arrive home
(ballfield = 17-23 miles away, even if driving 55-60 mph=20+ min. drive)

So...why would the neighbor report seeing a bloody-shirted father at her driveway asking "did you see anything?" at "about noon"? At noon he was reportedly at the ballgame, prior to 911 call recorded at 12:15. Upon their arrival back home at about 12:30, investigators and medical staff would all ready have been there doing their own investigation; even if that neighbor got her time wrong, I would expect the parents would quickly be headed to the hospital with their daughter rather than running around the neighborhood bloodied and looking for a suspect.

Just looking for some facts to latch onto, here.
BBM... another questionable witness account IMO. If LE and medical personnel were there before the parents, I don't think the parents would have been able to cradle their daughter while paramedics were working on her.

As far as the conflicting info LE is giving, I'm getting the impression this is much bigger than what they are used to dealing with and they just don't have much PR savvy. MOO

This is a very unusual case to say the least! If this was a burglary how many thieves would choose Sat. just before noon? How many would break-in/enter when obviously kids were home? I'm sure LE has a better handle on things then they did almost a week ago. I find it interesting that they are going to do daily pressers. I think that is a good thing, but I am not sure why some cases do & some don't; especially when the FBI is involved in children's cases. I am certainly interested in following this sad case.

Hmm... Not sure what to make of that! What's with people inserting themselves into this investigation? Did this witness just totally make up seeing the suspect? And what became of the guy who came a bloody man a ride?

Apparently the man who picked up the bloody hitchhiker was legitimate but law enforcement, after speaking with the hitchhiker, has ruled him out.

Then, the female witness, presumed neighbor, balked when asked to provide more details of the suspect that would generate a sketch. But what is interesting is that the article says the conflict in the story stemmed from which direction she saw the suspect going?

I'm confused lol... Hopefully my comments aren't as confused as I think they are haha.

(http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/potential-witness-no-longer-credible-in-california-girl-murder/)

Jmo

Hmm... Not sure what to make of that! What's with people inserting themselves into this investigation? Did this witness just totally make up seeing the suspect? And what became of the guy who came a bloody man a ride?

The cops actually tracked down the bloody hitchhiker, and he was hurt, legitimately ---and is not a suspect. So the person who picked him up was telling the truth, but it was not related. [ this was asked and answered in one of the recent pressers]

And yes, it sounds like the neighbor lady just inserted herself into this and made chit up. :frown:

The cops actually tracked down the bloody hitchhiker, and he was hurt, legitimately ---and is not a suspect. So the person who picked him up was telling the truth, but it was not related. [ this was asked and answered in one of the recent pressers]

And yes, it sounds like the neighbor lady just inserted herself into this and made chit up. :frown:

Which for the life of me I cannot understand why someone would do that. Attention? Fear? Coercion?

JMO

So is there no witness to a man leaving the house now?? That would be a pretty big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow