GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff': Leila Fowler murder investigation progressing

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Department says it's getting some good information back on evidence recovered in the murder investigation of 8-year-old Leila Fowler nine days ago and they expect a major annoyncement soon.

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=2360522793001

I felt certain this would be a case with a quick arrest. :blushing: Still praying that the perp is arrested soon. :moo:

At that link it says Oliver J. "Chip" Northup, 87 was the husband who was stabbed--also that he was a prominent atty. Wondered if someone got out of prison and it was pay back time, but it appears he was a defense atty, so that's probably a bit less likely...

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/16/5344753/davis-community-stunned-by-killing.html

Defense attorneys are often targeted by angry clients. Especially ones just released from prison. They sometimes sit in there and stew about it, blaming it on their lawyer.

Could be. But then, they did admit to the rape kit on Leila...though no comment on results. Was the elderly couple a sexual assault as well? (Not familiar with that case.)

Fox reported that the coroner said there were no signs of sexual abuse, which really means nothing, because in interviewing these perpetrators over the years, LE has found that they often do sexually assault the child, but in ways that leave no marks on the child (e.g. some have fetishes such as stroking a child's hair or kissing their feet), and without going into detail, they deposit their semen elsewhere and take it with them.

I don't have a link - just learned it over the years following these cases.

FOX40 spoke with the Calaveras County Coroner shortly after he had completed his preliminary autopsy of Leila Fowler. He told us Leila had suffered multiple stab wounds, but died from shock and hemorrhage. In other words, she died because of loss of blood from her wounds.

He also told Fox40 that, other than the stab wounds, there were no signs of abuse on the 8-year-old girl, including sexual abuse.

http://fox40.com/2013/04/30/search-...young-girl-try-to-find-answers/#ixzz2SbucuD1x

So the daughter that called this in; I guess I'd like to know more about her. Does she live in the same town; could she have driven over to see if her parents were home...is there any link between this child and this couple?

So the daughter that called this in; I guess I'd like to know more about her. Does she live in the same town; could she have driven over to see if her parents were home...is there any link between this child and this couple?

(snip)
FOX40 spoke with the Calaveras County Coroner shortly after he had completed his preliminary autopsy of Leila Fowler. He told us Leila had suffered multiple stab wounds, but died from shock and hemorrhage. In other words, she died because of loss of blood from her wounds.

He also told Fox40 that, other than the stab wounds, there were no signs of abuse on the 8-year-old girl, including sexual abuse.

http://fox40.com/2013/04/30/search-...young-girl-try-to-find-answers/#ixzz2SbucuD1x

Was LF alive in the ambulance? No definitive answer. Correct? After reading about the Davis case. The duration of life, post-injury, may speak to the expertise of the perpetrator. He/she may have avoided, on the basis of anatomical knowledge, injury to major arteries. It would be difficult to miss the abdominal aorta if one is reckessly inflicting stab wounds along the abdominal mid-line. There are no hard tissues to deflect the blade from a 1"+ diameter major vessel. Stab wounds into the thorax may be deflected from the midline. Thus, the specifics of the wounds in Davis case may very well provide a link. Slashes to the face would not be made with the intent of rapid death. Sorry for the gruesome thought. If this post is removed..... there would be merit.

Was LF alive in the ambulance? No definitive answer. Correct? After reading about the Davis case. The duration of life, post-injury, may speak to the expertise of the perpetrator. He/she may have avoided, on the basis of anatomical knowledge, injury to major arteries. It would be difficult to miss the abdominal aorta if one is reckessly inflicting stab wounds along the abdominal mid-line. There are no hard tissues to deflect the blade from a 1"+ diameter major vessel. Stab wounds into the thorax may be deflected from the midline. Thus, the specifics of the wounds in Davis case may very well provide a link. Slashes to the face would not be made with the intent of rapid death. Sorry for the gruesome thought. If this post is removed..... there would be merit.

BBM. The link I had found and posted said Leila was alive when police arrived. I've looked for anything further on how long Leila showed signs of life after that, but couldn't find any.

My opinion is that she was alive when they put her in the ambulance, because if she died at the house, they would have called the coroner there to pronounce her, and not transported her. My opinion is also that she didn't die in the ambulance, and was still alive when she arrived at the hospital, or she would have been pronounced DOA.

Again, that's just my opinion. All I've found from LE is that she was still alive when police arrived at the home.

Concerning this latest news:

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Department says it's getting some good information back on evidence recovered in the murder investigation of 8-year-old Leila Fowler nine days ago and they expect a major annoyncement soon.

I belive that:

Possibly the forensic evidence answers, from the crimescene, that have come back show:

+ foreign fingerprits
+ foreign DNA

The killer was probably an intruder.

and if:

No foreign fingerprits
No foreign DNA

The killer was probably not an intruder.

BBM. The link I had found and posted said Leila was alive when police arrived. I've looked for anything further on how long Leila showed signs of life after that, but couldn't find any.

My opinion is that she was alive when they put her in the ambulance, because if she died at the house, they would have called the coroner there to pronounce her, and not transported her. My opinion is also that she didn't die in the ambulance, and was still alive when she arrived at the hospital, or she would have been pronounced DOA.

Again, that's just my opinion. All I've found from LE is that she was still alive when police arrived at the home.

I know, for sure, I heard at day one of this case, in a news video, that Leila Fowler did give some kind of information about her attacker before she died.

Now what kind of information AND wheter that statement was correct or not that is impossible to say.

Anyone else heard that ?

I know, for sure, I heard at day one of this case, in a news video, that Leila Fowler did give some kind of information about her attacker before she died.

Now what kind of information AND wheter that statement was correct or not that is impossible to say.

Anyone else heard that ?

No, I've never heard or seen that. Maybe you could look in the first page of the first thread and see if you could find the video.

I'm thinking this might be the elderly couple?
It appears to be about an hour away?
They were STABBED to death.

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/ci_23024628/police-investigate-double-homicide-south-davis

I think it is that one... "The Davis Case" is also mentioned here:

https://twitter.com/DerekShore

I think they walked into that scene and went "WTF?"
And when a child is killed by a non family member, it's often a sexual motive.
So I think they did the rape kit to be thorough.

My thinking was just that elderly and a child... the common motive could be silencing a witness.
IF they are connected. With the stabbing I can see why they are looking into it. :twocents:

How about a child of the elderly couple/ nephew etc? We've seen over and over a motivated murder ( money, rage, etc) then the killer just goes off on a killing spree because he knows he's going down for life if caught. Thinking out loud ! Also could the major announcement be finding the weapon in one of those drained ponds?

LE seems to be implying a big "break" at any moment. they have had some positive (that word could be interpreted a few ways) DNA results returned. i also believe LE said something about expecting to make an important announcement soon to the public. with all that being said, tomorrow is leilas funeral. i get the impression LE is waiting til leila is finally put to rest before they make their big move/announcement. out of respect for leila and her family i can totally see LE wanting to wait until after the funeral. does anyone else see this connection or am i off base here?

I believe you are probably right. I don't know about arrests on the day of the funeral, but I find often they hold details until after the funeral so that wouldn't surprise me. The day of a funeral should be about the victim & their life and to allow loved ones their day to remember JMO.

No, I've never heard or seen that. Maybe you could look in the first page of the first thread and see if you could find the video.

I´v tried to find it but no sucsess so far, if I find it I will post it of course.

I´v tried to find it but no sucsess so far, if I find it I will post it of course.

I remember seeing/hearing it as well but often in these cases there are lots of rumors floating around at the outset and that may be the case with that and it was never true so scrubbed from the news sites !

OT but is anyone else having ws issues this morning, lagging, page not loading etc? When I first signed on this morning, the site was MIA. I guess all of the guests overnight from the big news overloaded server. tks

OT but is anyone else having ws issues this morning, lagging, page not loading etc? When I first signed on this morning, the site was MIA. I guess all of the guests overnight from the big news overloaded server. tks

On my laptop it's running fine, but on my iPad I had the same problems.

Anyone else heard that ?

I never heard that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics