GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, he can move to an adult facility when he turns 18....

Then what about the other juveniles in detention? You know like the kid that was caught smoking pot 6 times? Or the kid that stole a car... Hardly the same as brutally coldly and premeditatedly murdering your own 8 yr old sister! He's a danger to them too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah .. true .. so is there a supermax for juveniles .. is it just the two options juvenile hall and prison?

So news article from CNN about what Crystal wrote on FB so I guess we can discuss it now:

Except they didn't do enough research to learn Crystal is the stepmother but okay....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/12/us/california-stabbing-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"A California mother pleads for privacy...so here is a quote from her personal FB page!"

They know she is the step mother, probably. In the beginning, she requested to be known as their mother. Since then, everything I've read has referred to her that way. Just my guess.

Yeah .. true .. so is there a supermax for juveniles .. is it just the two options juvenile hall and prison?

If I remember correctly, the killer of Jessica Ridgeway was held in a specialized facility for violent juvenile offenders. I suppose you can say it's a sort of "supermax" for juveniles...that's what they made it sound like.

They know she is the step mother, probably. In the beginning, she requested to be known as their mother. Since then, everything I've read has referred to her that way. Just my guess.

The article says "California mom pleads for privacy"...It mentions how it's Mother's Day, how Leila is her daughter, and how IF is her son, and says how she has one child dead and one child in jail. I see nothing to indicate that the CNN Staff that wrote the article knows Crystal is the stepmother.

They have locked residential "treatment" facilities. It's my opinion he doesn't belong there either.

The article says "California mom pleads for privacy"...It mentions how it's Mother's Day, how Leila is her daughter, and how IF is her son, and says how she has one child dead and one child in jail. I see nothing to indicate that the CNN Staff that wrote the article knows Crystal is the stepmother.

Eh...I'm not defending the writers!! Most of the time reporters just let words fly, before they even substantiate them. I just noticed after her public request, news sources stopped referring to her as "step."

Eh...I'm not defending the writers!! Most of the time reporters just let words fly, before they even substantiate them. I just noticed after her public request, news sources stopped referring to her as "step."

Well, they made a national news article out of her asking for privacy on her personal FB page so I don't think they care about any request she made during the early stages of the case. I think the writers of that article really think she is the mother. "CNN Staff" instead of the actual name of someone sounds like a bunch of interns to me.

Well, they made a national news article out of her asking for privacy on her personal FB page so I don't think they care about any request she made during the early stages of the case. I think the writers of that article really think she is the mother. "CNN Staff" instead of the actual name of someone sounds like a bunch of interns to me.

That's very true. I didn't notice the "CNN Staff" notation. The reporting in this case has been awful and so convoluted. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know, or bother to!!!

It’s fortunately not possible to try a 12 year old as adult in California. So the society has to look for the reason, what led the boy to the crime? How can he be rehabilitated? Nevertheless he is still not convicted of the murder.
Thinking about the J.B. case in Pennsylvania where the boy’s attorney successful appealed his conviction because the judge rendered a sentence “that is plainly contrary the evidence” the appeal court wrote. So in this case I would be careful to say the 12 year old is guilty. He might be but then he needs a lot of help.
In my opinion

LE has NOT said the murder took place in the bedroom. She may not have been killed in a bedroom. Remember that the flat screen TV and vacuum were also taken into evidence. So, it may have occurred elsewhere, near the TV, and the body may have been moved to the bedroom. The mattress may have been collected to give evidence that her body was moved. The vacuum could give evidence of a cleanup/coverup. That would completely contradict the narrative provided by the brother.

My point is that LE has revealed none of the detailed facts. They cannot, without jeopardizing the case. And, since he will be tried as a juvenile, the public may never get the details.

The biological mother said Leila 'was attacked in her own room' per an interview she did. That's the only place I've heard that.

It’s fortunately not possible to try a 12 year old as adult in California. So the society has to look for the reason, what led the boy to the crime? How can he be rehabilitated? Nevertheless he is still not convicted of the murder.
Thinking about the J.B. case in Pennsylvania where the boy’s attorney successful appealed his conviction because the judge rendered a sentence “that is plainly contrary the evidence” the appeal court wrote. So in this case I would be careful to say the 12 year old is guilty. He might be but then he needs a lot of help.
In my opinion

He needs more than help, what we all need is a miracle because one day he will walk among us.

Unfortunately, I saw this coming.

I hesitated to say anything, however, because I didn't want to be blasted for accusing a 12 year old of murdering his sister.

He needs more than help, what we all need is a miracle because one day he will walk among us.

Some things can't be rehabbed. Time will tell but....I rarely see good outcomes from crimes like these.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Some things can't be rehabbed. Time will tell but....I rarely see good outcomes from crimes like these.

I agree, I don't have hope for any sort of rehabilitation.

In my opinion

Some cases should be tried as adults. Some are that heinous.
If he is guilty I don't hold my breath on rehabilitation. Can it happen? Absolutely. Only time will tell....all too often, though, I have seen where stuff like this is just the starting point. Young violent offenders have a lot against them....if they truly want to rehabilitate themselves.
However way too many people underestimate them because of their age.

We have a DJJ Facility in our city. I'm sure there are some offenders who at 18-25 may be put into the CDC&R system. But it is my impression the bulk of the offenders are kept in DJJ until age 25.

I'm amazed by the number of people in the news comment section who say this boy should be tried as an adult. I have no idea if he can be rehabilitated, but DJJ will have 13 years to try.

What IF did is the epitome of evil, I would really like to understand his background and the lead up to the murder. But because he is a JV, I think we will not learn much.

<modsnip>. A great percentage go one to have antisocial disorder even with treatment. i do hope he can be rehabilitated however reality stands the way it is. He is very likely to abuse others, even kill, if he gets out at 18. Especially since that we know if he has had a good family and has not been abused or experienced trauma that would bring out this disorder. he may just be born that way. I would think that would be even harder to rehabilitate. It's such a hard situation and hard to decide what should happen to a child like this.

I don't see a 'rehabbing' potential for a 12 yr old who could viciously stab an 8 yr old girl 21 times. He was not on meth or drunk on whiskey. He is beyond rehabbing, imo. JMO

I agree, I don't have hope for any sort of rehabilitation.

I cringe when I think of the kids in the Jonesboro shootings or poor little Jamie Bulger. Stuff like that should be in prison forever....you can't rehab mass murder or torturing a child. I tend to look for the best in many and look for hope
in many situations. Young violent offenders stats are bleak though. If of course this young man is guilty.....I still hope not but.....well there are a lot of "buts."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member