GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH??? Am I reading the above correctly? Is some law firm or attorney tweeting about the Fowler's coming in to discuss hiring him?

This guy is a lawyer?

Seriously?

Apparently he missed the course on both ethics and confidentiality!

I don't even know what to say about that. I can't wait to read what gitana1 has to say about this.

Do we have a bat signal for Gitana? I'm dying to hear from her on this.

This clown has no right trying to make a name for himself by using the brutal murder of this beautiful child. I hope the donkey doesn't realize what a poor taste his antics are leaving in everyone's mouth until his career is tanked. He needs a major ethics slap down.

It may not be so safe. LE interprets the data and assesses the plausibility the he did this. Has he been charged? Was there an arraignment? Or, will there be? Who determines, beyond a resonable doubt, that he did this?

The judge, eventually .. but we are at liberty to discuss it here in the meantime.

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 10m
2nd degree murder charges filed in Calaveras County against 12 year old boy accused of stabbing his 8 year old... http://fb.me/IDSJFbBe

with special allegation that he used a deadly and dangerous weapon in the commission of the offense.

Thank you, maybe this will stop the talk about him being arrested but not charged.

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 10m
2nd degree murder charges filed in Calaveras County against 12 year old boy accused of stabbing his 8 year old... http://fb.me/IDSJFbBe

with special allegation that he used a deadly and dangerous weapon in the commission of the offense.

What does that mean, special allegation? Does the fact that he used a knife mean he can be sentenced for longer once convicted?

What does that mean, special allegation? Does the fact that he used a knife mean he can be sentenced for longer once convicted?

Because he is a juvenile and only 12, I think he has to be let out in his early twenties.

Immediate damage control.. hence no PC maybe??

Oh, I'm sure he'll do a presser and we'll hear more from him being he's tweeting it already. Honestly he doesn't have to say anything, there won't be a jury in a juvy trial. It will all be up to the judge, from what I understand. So seems like he's just wanting everyone to know he's the one defending him.

Because he is a juvenile and only 12, I think he has to be let out in his early twenties.

Yes, I think that's right .. the longest someone his age could receive would have him out at 25, but second degree probably means years before that .. perhaps the special allegation lands him somewhere in the middle ..

Do we have a bat signal for Gitana? I'm dying to hear from her on this.

This clown has no right trying to make a name for himself by using the brutal murder of this beautiful child. I hope the donkey doesn't realize what a poor taste his antics are leaving in everyone's mouth until his career is tanked. He needs a major ethics slap down.

I already sent one... :seeya:
She's HERE but she might not actually be HERE you know...
Like I bet her family demands food and crazy stuff like that. I know mine does.
My kids actually expect me to FEED them when there is a case going on. Silly creatures. :giggle:
But she has a link awaiting her when she is able to return and I bet she goes :thud:

According to that guy's twitter page, he isn't just a lawyer.

He's a SUPER lawyer!

Oh he's going to be the laughing stock...
I am having a deja vu moment of a dancing banana... :Bananahair:
(If you don't get that, I'm sorry, it's a very long story...)

This guy sounds more like a teenage girl than a middle aged attorney. The Selfie shots don't help.

@reichellaw
omg best album ever: foreverest.bandcamp.com/album/last-of-…
7:43am - 2 Apr 13

And some people wonder why defense attorneys have a bad rep...

Identity changes at tax payers expense aren't needed in the States because their judges have more sense than to allow children as young as ten to be named publically in the first place. Their names aren't revealed, and their records are sealed, much more sensible than the UK system.

I thought names of juveniles were sealed usually in the UK? Even adult defendants have their names sealed over there a lot, or at least not revealed.

That's right .. so we have little way of knowing if certain people who kill as adults have also possibly killed as children.

That's not true.

I heard freaking out, not bleading out. Also she doesn't say anything about anybody being cut. And what does she mean by her daughter's boyfriend?
I am confused.

Yeah. No way did that lady say bleeding out yet never mention an attack anywehre else in the call and also sound so relatively calm.

Good point...

Records of Juveniles are sealed...

therefore... It may be difficult to obtain sufficient data on the correlation of children murders becoming adult murders...

JMO

Not true. In an article I linked to about the murders by Billy Kennan, just a few pages back, the LA Times discusses subsequent crimes of the murderer as well as sentencing comments by the judge about the murders the defendant committed at 13. Sealed doesn't quite have the effect most think it does. Oh, and Billy Keenan and his family reportedly changed their names after he was released but we still got to hear about his later legal trouble. (Billy Keenan was a pseudonym never actually used by the killer, though, whose real name is AC).

She has been one of my favorite authors for many years and treats societal issues of the time (Victorian) with an empathy that imo comes from her having stood in the shoes of someone driven to kill and getting to know other juvenile offenders.

If she had been given the death penalty as so many wanted at the time the world would have lost an amazing writer.They may be mysteries but they put you right there in that world.

That grosses me out. I don't think she should have been free to become a writer. Those two girls planned the evil murder of a very sweet lady. I don't give a darn what talent the world may have missed by her not being around. Ick.

Hmmm 2nd degree. So there was no other felony occurring at the same time, and not premeditated. I've been wondering if maybe he had used drugs, like meth, and was out of his head. Understand there's nothing that supports that, but it would go a bit to explain the ferocity of the killing.

Right. And deciding which degree it would be may have explained the delay in charging after the arrest.

:thud: Gitana or any other lawyer... help me out here??!!! :thud:
For real? Professional lawyers do this? Announce their 12 year old clients on twitter?

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

Mark J. Reichel Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 13 May

Family coming in tonight to hire us for defense of 12 year old charged with murder of 8 year old sister.

Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 22h

The Fowler murder case will be real interesting. Seems no motive, no weapon no real evidence. 12 year olds can't commit a perfect crime.

I see he gave an opinion on that one verdict.
I'm not watching it.

http://www.reichelplesser.com/

Announcing his pending representation is totally unethical and against the rules. Thus, I believe it is likely agreed upon strategy so he can immediately begin making statements in an attempt to cast doubt.

How do we know he was alone and that he stabbed her? LE arrested him; might even charge him. But did LE say he did this? Or does LE say it is plausible he did this based on their evaluation of evidence at hand? You are contending that a conviction was rendered? And that LEs solution is a known fact?

It's called deductive reasoning. I think the rest of your questions are rhetorical and sarcastic so I will refrain from responding to those.

I really want to know if Crystal heard Leila screaming and freaking out on the call with IF.

In her 911 call she states her daughter is screaming and freaking out and that the kids are okay but fearful and a man that was in the house and then was outside and has now left the scene. This suggests to me that she heard Leila screaming in the background while on the phone with IF.

How exactly does that leave time for cleanup? That would indicate that she was alive and verbal enough to appear to be simply screaming with fear and anxiety to Crystal, who ostensibly knows her voice and her mannerisms well.

So did IF stab her 21 times after the phone call and then scurry round cleaning up as LE was enroute and she lay there failing, getting closer and closer to death? That seems pretty danged bold and pretty danged stupid when, if he intended to kill her and get away with some intruder story, he could have just killed her (not left her alive and near death) and then taken his time cleaning up, THEN called parents to report the alleged intruder.

Other questions I have. Surely one of the family members saw IF and what he was wearing when they left. And they most surely saw what he was wearing when they arrived back home after the stabbing.

So were they the same clothes? If they were, were they blood soaked and indicating a sign of a struggle?

If they were same clothes and NOT bloodied, I find it really hard to believe that he did not get very bloody if he stabbed his sister.

If not then where are the clothes he was in when the rest of the family left and why would they be so shocked and disbelieving that he may have been involved? A change in clothes would be a red flag for me, as a parent on hearing my 12 yr old was being arrested for the murder.

The 911 call did not answer my questions surrounding this case. They simply added a whole slew of new ones.

Very confusing. None of it makes any sense. MOO

An attorney for a 12-year-old California boy arrested in the stabbing death of his sister says the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired intruder fleeing the scene but that doesn't make the boy the killer.

Attorney Mark Reichel met Tuesday with the boy in juvenile jail then visited the home where 8-year-old Leila Fowler was found April 27 with knife wounds. Her brother was the only one home.

snipped

Reichel said his client might have made up a "macho" story about scaring away the intruder because he was scared.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/69513e1d1df8435890f8ec1fd1f94fe2/US--Sister-Stabbed

Here we go... I hate defense attorneys. Especially in situations like this. If they have the evidence.,, get the kid into treatment in a locked facility aSAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/may/14/911-caller-believed-stabbed-girl-8-was-alive/

"A tape released Tuesday to TV station KGO indicates a woman called 911 after getting a call about a mystery intruder from the girl's 12-year-old brother, who was arrested Saturday in connection with the killing.

The caller, who said she was the girl's mother, said the children, including Leila Fowler, were OK. She was not at home at the time.

She says her son was in the bathroom and heard her daughter screaming. She says he came out of the bathroom and saw an intruder run out of the house.

The caller said "my daughter is freaking out right now.""

This guy sounds more like a teenage girl than a middle aged attorney. The Selfie shots don't help.

@reichellaw
omg best album ever: foreverest.bandcamp.com/album/last-of-…
7:43am - 2 Apr 13

:giggle:

We have 6 kids with at least 3 combinations of parents (and that is assuming that BF only reproduced with PR & CW and that CW older kids all have the same father), a stepmom/gf that hosted a public bashing of the bio mom on FB, a bio mom that was not allowed to attend her own child's funeral and a dead 8 year old with a 12 year old accused of that crime - I think it is safe to say there was A LOT going on in that home.

And then some......IMHO:twocents:

I thought names of juveniles were sealed usually in the UK? Even adult defendants have their names sealed over there a lot, or at least not revealed.

Names of juveniles are not sealed, its at the judge's discretion whether or not to name them. Although after the debacle that the aftermath of the James Bulger case turned into I think it'll be a long time before any child defendant that young is named again.

Adult defendants are always named unless revealing their name would reveal the identity of a victim of a sex offense, (ie, where the two are related).

I'm really struggling to get my head around this one :( Such a sad case :( over 20 stab wounds inflicted, supposedly by her 12 year old brother. If not premeditated, what on earth happened in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member