GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...snipped...

This seems like one of the cases where LE might say
"The ambulance is going to take too long, put her in my car and lets GO!!!"

I'm a little surprised that they waited 15 or 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.
I wouldn't have if it had been my child.

It takes 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive at our house.
It takes us less than 5 to load up and get into the hospital ER.

We live half mile from the hospital and we have a strict policy.
We only call 911 if we cannot move the patient. (Spinal injury.)

Otherwise, we transport ourselves.... it's faster!
Choking, amputation, breathing issues, it's faster to take them ourselves.
This scenario would have fallen under "transport ourselves." :twocents:

We don't know what IF said when he talked to 911 dispatch. Maybe HE told them that his sister was hurt or bleeding or something. And there could be a fire station with an ambulance not too far from the house (ours is 3 minutes away, as it happens). That information has not been released yet.

I must also mention that in the 911 call from Crystal (or Krystal, I'm not sure), she says "my daughter is freaking out". She could have been referring to Leila OR to her older daughter who seemed to be in the car with her. Again, we don't know WHICH daughter she referred to as "freaking out".

Me too! I'm telling you guys, there is something way off with this case. Between the 911 call and the unprofessional entrance of the Twitter LOLyer all I can do is SMH and wait on the other shoe to drop.

I've been able to sit back and just read along here. You've seriously posted every single thought I've had in my head. Loving your posts tonite!

Thanks. That makes sense.

You know, we are not jurors here. We are free to express opinions. And I:m not sure how long you've been here but this is not typically a site that supports defendants, although some do and all opinions are welcome. But it's mostly about supporting victims.

For me, generally, using deductive reasoning (and BTW, I am incredibly good at logic), I come to conclusions about cases that typically - due to the premise that most cops aren't out to frame an innocent person and most cops aren't so stupid they arrest the wrong person - are that a defendant is likely guilty of the crime alleged. So I am the opposite of innocent until proven guilty unless there is a ton of obvious evidence pointing elsewhere.

And that's okay. I'm allowed to assume that the facts as indicated by the information given, such as arrests and charges, are accurate. And I am allowed to state such facts as facts.

And anyone is allowed to disagree. But I don't have a lot of time for nonsense, such as using words like "alleged", "allegedly". And I'm not going to conform to posters who may be uncomfortable with my failure to use such qualifiers. We are not in court. Sorry.

:rockon: thanks

Is there anything to be read into the fact that at the beginning of this investigation LE was looking at sex offenders in the area, or is that simply because it is most likely that an intruder walking into a home and stabbing an 8 year old girl could only be a sex offender so they were just covering that as a possible aspect? If there was a sexual element to this case it may help us understand why the parents are having a particularly hard time coming to terms with the arrest, not that they wouldn't be anyway.

http://www.wptz.com/news/national/S...ath/-/8869978/19947888/-/qvttk6z/-/index.html

Sex offenders seem to be the first looked at in many type of cases, as in Jessica in Michigan, partly because they are registered criminals and LE has access to them, and partly because they may not know what they have, but crimes against females are often sexually motivated in some way. In this case, I think they were trying to compare offenders to the description, going through the motions, as it were, so as not to jump to conclusions too quickly.

I've been able to sit back and just read along here. You've seriously posted every single thought I've had in my head. Loving your posts tonite!

I'm trying really hard to be good. I actually blocked the LOLyer's Twitter and deleted the app from my phone & iPad so I wouldn't give into temptation and go rip him apart. I'm just shocked at the latest info in this case. It doesn't make a bit of sense. I really wish we had a timeline for the entire family for that day because I think there is something majorly hinky going on here. The pieces are not fitting.

And maybe with a camera? That would be TOO weird. (hopefully tongue in cheek reference, there)

Many years ago the Laci Peterson case was followed intently here at WS. One thing that raised LEs interest in SP was his freshly washed clothes. :seeya:

We don't know what IF said when he talked to 911 dispatch. Maybe HE told them that his sister was hurt or bleeding or something. And there could be a fire station with an ambulance not too far from the house (ours is 3 minutes away, as it happens). That information has not been released yet.

I must also mention that in the 911 call from Crystal (or Krystal, I'm not sure), she says "my daughter is freaking out". She could have been referring to Leila OR to her older daughter who seemed to be in the car with her. Again, we don't know WHICH daughter she referred to as "freaking out".

But we know that Crystal called 911 at 12:13pm.
And Leila didn't arrive at the hospital until 12:55pm.

If there was a close fire station she would have been at the hospital much faster.

It's possible even the cops realized she wouldn't make it and that's why they didn't do that. :twocents:

Sex offenders seem to be the first looked at in many type of cases, as in Jessica in Michigan, partly because they are registered criminals and LE has access to them, and partly because they may not know what they have, but crimes against females are often sexually motivated in some way. In this case, I think they were trying to compare offenders to the description, going through the motions, as it were, so as not to jump to conclusions too quickly.

Yes, it makes sense, and of course they did have someone in mind, but had to investigate the other route just to cover all their bases, and naturally they were going to discuss that with the journalists and not give away where it looked like the investigation was actually heading.

Will he be wearing a cape in court? Will it match his tie?

I hope that the only way he sees the inside of a courtroom is to answer questions about his unprofessional conduct on Twitter of all places! IF deserves better than this joke.

Right so a random intruder breaks into a house belonging to complete strangers and stabs an 8 year old to death. No robbery, no sexual motive. I don't find that believable. MOO.

Bath Salts? Dunno!

I hope that the only way he sees the inside of a courtroom is to answer questions about his unprofessional conduct on Twitter of all places! IF deserves better than this joke.

I agree, they need someone who is more mature than his client.

I'm trying really hard to be good. I actually blocked the LOLyer's Twitter and deleted the app from my phone & iPad so I wouldn't give into temptation and go rip him apart. I'm just shocked at the latest info in this case. It doesn't make a bit of sense. I really wish we had a timeline for the entire family for that day because I think there is something majorly hinky going on here. The pieces are not fitting.

Sometimes it's harder to sit on your hands than others. This case is one of those ;)

In my hypothetical scenario, the truth would be that the 12 year old hid in the bathroom while his sister was being murdered. I don't believe that's what happened here, but it looks like that's what the defense lawyer is going to claim.

Similar situation happened to some friends of my daughters, but they were adults. At least 5 shot at point blank range and one hidden in bathroom survived. This happened right after Hurricane Katrina, murderer never found!

Yes, it makes sense, and of course they did have someone in mind, but had to investigate the other route just to cover all their bases, and naturally they were going to discuss that with the journalists and not give away where it looked like the investigation was actually heading.

Yes, you can be sure the defense would look at sex offenders and what if they came across one who looked like the description offered by the boy? And LE had never even checked?

Seems he should be cited for unprofessional behavior or something. Something should go one his record, so future clients know what a jerk he is.

Crystal called 911 at 12:13. Since it seems like IF took a shower, did his whole cover up, etc it seems likely that Leila was stabbed sometime in the 11 A.M. hour. Maybe even earlier. Is it possible that Leila was still sleeping in her bed? IDK If I can say this...but maybe IF climbed into her bed, and it escalated from there? I know LE used a rape kit on Leila. Was that just standard procedure? Was she found not fully dressed? I know we don't know for sure if she was stabbed in her bedroom, but considering what Priscilla said (Who could do this to a little girl in her room?) and the fact that LE removed a mattress and box springs from the house, it seems likely to me that she was killed in her room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82