GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, this isn't the first time a boy this age stabbed his younger sister to death...
(For anyone struggling to believe it.)

4-year-old fatally stabbed; 13 yr old brother arrested - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You think this neighbor could identify Leila's blood imprint from the bloody imprint on a shirt? :scared:
Could tell that it wasn't any other child or person?
Wow.
I think that is extremely unlikely.
There's obviously more to the conversation that we were not told about.

ITA. That's why I said maybe, I was giving another poster an answer to their question. Of course there are many possibilities and I tend to think the neighbor's description is a little exaggerated remembering this after the fact and with a news camera in their face.

Originally Posted by The Cheese
I’s hair was cropped short, and he wore a green jumpsuit and had chains around his waist. Throughout the proceeding, he remained calm and fairly unexpressive. He chuckled at one point after the bailiff made a comment to him and a nearby Calaveras County Probation Officer. In contrast to I’s behavior, his biological father, Barney, and mother, Patricia Rodriguez, cried softly with looks of agony on their faces while sitting in the front row of the courtroom.

Calaveras County District Attorney Barbara Yook is representing the county on this case, and her petition to the judge charges Isaiah with second degree murder along with a special allegation that he personally used a knife in commission of the crime.

I’s legal team, Sacramento-based lawyers Mark J. Reichel and Steven Plesser, did not enter a plea for their client. Instead, they asked Martin for a two-week continuance, which he granted after Isaiah agreed to waive time.

Martin took Calaveras County Probation Department’s recommendation and sent Isaiah back to Juvenile Hall instead of allowing him to be released into the care of his family.

snipped

I’s defense counsel said the family had requested the media and public not be allowed in the courtroom in future proceedings – a request Martin denied without prejudice.

“I see no impairment to the child’s right to a fair trial,” he said.

Despite a hoard of media bombarding the Fowler family on their way in and out of the courtroom, they made no comments Wednesday.

I is schedule to appear in court at 1:15 p.m., Wednesday May 29. He may later face a jurisdictional hearing, which is similar to a trial without a jury. If he is found guilty, he will be sentenced at a later hearing.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/n...a4bcf887a.html

Dammit, why cant PRISCILLA get an ounce of respect? :please::banghead:

dinaslala, forgive me for asking but I am confused. I read the quoted article linked by TheCheese. I did not see Priscilla being disrespected in the article, simply a sentence which said that she and Barney cried at the hearing. Did I miss something in the article? Thanks.

It is really sad but I have no doubt there are countless people who would do that. Too many people want their fifteen minutes of fame. They would take advantage of a terrible situation to do so. Either way they are getting attention. But they probably did not consider the down side of it-the other disturbed people. I am sure they will be getting death threats, mean letters and phone calls.;)

Joy Wray comes to mind (Caylee Anthony case). Actually, Caylee's case seemed to attract numerous people wanting their 15 minutes of fame more than justice for a murdered baby. That upsets me so much because it takes away precious time and resources that LE and the SA could use on getting a conviction for the murderers of these innocent victims. I feel awful for Leila that she had to die this way and at the hands of her own brother. R.I.P. little one!

dinaslala, forgive me for asking but I am confused. I read the quoted article linked by TheCheese. I did not see Priscilla being disrespected in the article, simply a sentence which said that she and Barney cried at the hearing. Did I miss something in the article? Thanks.

Patricia Rodriguez?? :furious:
Her name is PRISCILLA. :please:

At least they referred to her as his mother... they also spelled Leila's brother's name wrong too.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_e06c961e-bda2-11e2-8813-001a4bcf887a.html

In contrast to I****’s behavior, his biological father, Barney, and mother, Patricia Rodriguez, cried softly with looks of agony on their faces while sitting in the front row of the courtroom.

ah, thanks MsF. My brain knew her name so when I read it I just saw it as Priscilla.

Never caught the error.

I feel for all of this family so much. Such a hard hard spot to be in.

Close to death - would she still be screaming then and freaking out? When you bleed out you get very weak and woozy before you eventually lose consciousness.

What a weird story. Do we know exactly when IF called the CF? Was it right before she called 911?

IMO she wasn't screaming, the older female sibling was freaking out.

ah, thanks MsF. My brain knew her name so when I read it I just saw it as Priscilla.

Never caught the error.

I feel for all of this family so much. Such a hard hard spot to be in.

I actually caught it because I was so shocked they referred to her as his MOTHER! :thud:
I had to go back because it wasn't C... it was P... and then I realized it was the WRONG P name... :banghead:

Leila Alyssa Fowler

June 30, 2004 - April 27, 2013

leilan.jpg

www.people.com

OMG, we share a birthday.

Poor, sweet child. I hope her killer rots.

I have found a number of things about this case quite confusing:

When was the older sister and boyfriend there? Before CF and if so why would they say the kids were ok.

The brother IF says there was an intruder, why would an intruder pick on an 8 yr old girl to so viciously harm and not hurt the IF, particularly when IF states he saw the intruder.

The intruder just came to their house with the intent to harm an 8 yr old and no other reason I don't think so.

If I saw a neighbour run out of a house with blood all over them I would initially ask what has happened, do you need help, can I call for help. I do not understand the neighbour presuming it was the 8 yr old girls blood. I think it is likely an after the fact statement.

IF says he was in the bathroom but didn't hear anything in the same house ..... I think that is unlikely unless it is one very big house.

And to article where the solicitor says a number of questions about the case remain unanswered, how it would be "possible for a 12-year-old to commit an offense like this?"

Well it has happened before unfortunately...

I have found a number of things about this case quite confusing:

When was the older sister and boyfriend there? Before CF and if so why would they say the kids were ok.

The brother IF says there was an intruder, why would an intruder pick on an 8 yr old girl to so viciously harm and not hurt the IF, particularly when IF states he saw the intruder.

The intruder just came to their house with the intent to harm an 8 yr old and no other reason I don't think so.

If I saw a neighbour run out of a house with blood all over them I would initially ask what has happened, do you need help, can I call for help. I do not understand the neighbour presuming it was the 8 yr old girls blood. I think it is likely an after the fact statement.

IF says he was in the bathroom but didn't hear anything in the same house ..... I think that is unlikely unless it is one very big house.

And to article where the solicitor says a number of questions about the case remain unanswered, how it would be "possible for a 12-year-old to commit an offense like this?"

Well it has happened before unfortunately...

I believe that the sister and her boyfriend were not at the home when they were talking to the brother. They were talking to IF on the phone, and relaying that information to Crystal.

If the brother was in the shower when this "intruder" entered the home, I could understand how he wouldn't hear anything with the running water and closed doors. However, there most likely wasn't an intruder and the bathroom story was just made up so he would have an excuse to have new clothes on and wet hair.

No there is a LEGAL reason he asked about Native American heritage.
I forget what it is though?
:waitasec:

Wouldn't Native Americans be tried under tribal laws... If officially part of a tribe?

Maybe that is why this question was asked?

FYI everyone- dinaslala is now a verified insider for this case.

Welcome dinaslala and feel free to message me if you need anything.

It does seem IF did not call Crystal, but chose to call his 8th grader step-sister &/or her boyfriend, and remember he was scared to death & just happened to have a phone in the bathroom and perhaps a fire going in the fireplace.

Defense attorney Steven Plesser says there are still many questions.

"Why do the police think the minor did it, what forensic evidence is out there, how solid is it, how is it possible for a 12 year old to commit an offense like this, and how could a 12 year old commit an offense like this in such a way that would not lead to an immediate arrest."

The boy's mother and father sat in court, and defense co-counsel Mark Reichel spoke for them.

"Like any good family this is extremely problematic for them, I can tell you they love all of their children, like every good family, they love all of their children," said Reichel.

I**** cannot be tried as an adult, but the judge said he could be confined until his 23rd birthday if he's found guilty.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/20...ond-degree-murder-charge#.UZRLe1Rn-2I.twitter

OMG, we share a birthday.

Poor, sweet child. I hope her killer rots.

And she died on my oldest niece's 16th birthday - a milestone that this beautiful angel will never get to experience. Life really sucks sometimes.

Defense attorney Steven Plesser says there are still many questions.

"Why do the police think the minor did it, what forensic evidence is out there, how solid is it, how is it possible for a 12 year old to commit an offense like this, and how could a 12 year old commit an offense like this in such a way that would not lead to an immediate arrest."

The boy's mother and father sat in court, and defense co-counsel Mark Reichel spoke for them.

"Like any good family this is extremely problematic for them, I can tell you they love all of their children, like every good family, they love all of their children," said Reichel.

I**** cannot be tried as an adult, but the judge said he could be confined until his 23rd birthday if he's found guilty.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/20...ond-degree-murder-charge#.UZRLe1Rn-2I.twitter

If they did arrest him immediately, they would have said they had tunnel vision. That they didn't investigate any other scenarios. In my opinion, it's a good investigation for law enforcement to rule out everything they can. It's beneficial to the defense, for law enforcement to zero in and look nowhere else. They can use that to create doubt, but they don't have that here. I don't think not arresting him immediately, is any kind of defense.

As far as how is it possible. Who knows? Only him. Very young minors have murdered in the past, and there is never a good why and how.

See how many times he mentioned they are a "good family" and love the kids, all in a very short statement? And, now they are referring to her as his fiancee. I find that very interesting.

Why does the defense keep talking to the media? They are trying very hard to convince the public that LE has pinned this crime on IF without anything to back it up. However, I would think a judge would be able to render a verdict without being influenced by the public. The concept of tainting of jury pool wouldn't exist here. Is there some sort of strategy to talking to the press? I understand saying all of those things in the courtroom...but why are they telling the public this? Is it more image control for the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab