GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this has been posted already but I don't have time to go back through all of the posts (heading out to work...), but at 1:26 on this video it shows the father comforting the 12-year-old son at the vigil with the son's head on his chest. The reporter speaks about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqfMDTlCwB8

I've been concerned about where the boy has been....I was scared for the younger siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want the 911 calls and the call from dispatch to the home released.

Well I'm going to reserve my opinions on the son until later. But as for his size, he does appear to be pretty big for his age. I've got a big son for his age and he's still big. But size is relative to the whole family. In the pics he looks big with everyone but if dad is of average height or even slightly small for a grown man, then son may not be so big. If dad is say 5'6'' , short for a man, then son is not necessarily really TALL. But if he is really tall and big, I wonder if an abnormally extreme growth spurt could play into a real hormonal upheaval. Anyone with medical experience know ?

eta OR if an extremely abnormal hormonal SPURT could lead to a rapid growth spurt? either/or ?

He is big enough and tall enough to overpower an 8 year old. I've seen my girl cousins play flight with their boy cousins even smaller than them and they have no chance. Boys and men have this strength proven by science. It's not nice but at the end of day males are so much much stronger than females unless women are trained in self defense. This will haunt the family for life. :(

He is big enough and tall enough to overpower an 8 year old. I've seen my girl cousins play flight with their boy cousins even smaller than them and they have no chance. Boys and men have this strength proven by science. It's not nice but at the end of day males are so much much stronger than females unless women are trained in self defense. This will haunt the family for life. :(

It's tragic, they've already suffered so much with the brutal murder of a child. I can't imagine the pain of coming to grips with the fact the murder is also your child.
I expect quite a bit of denial. Those poor parents.

I want the 911 calls and the call from dispatch to the home released.

Myself also. But like I said previously LE knew exactly what was going on but they need to exercise such caution. Forensics are so experienced at this, they would have known almost straight away the child was the perp but it's such a complex crime scene it takes so much testing before an arrest. And that child wasn't going anywhere.

Two huge red flags

1. Twelve year olds do not chase men out of their house.

2. Twelve year old boys dial 911.

Whoa, wait, what???? I was hoping for an arrest but NOT LIKE THIS! That poor poor family, they're in my heart and prayers today

From what I understand, there are 7 children total( not including the possible pregnancy ). 2 older( I think teenage) children( boy and girl) that are barney and another unmentioned mothers children. Then there is IF (12) and LF(8).. Parents barney and Priscilla. Then crystal has her son G who is 11. Then there are 2 younger siblings around4/5 yr and around 1 yr....their parents are barney and crystal.

Does anyone else know if the above is accurate? I'm only going based on what I've researched. Plus in the obituary it mentions that there are 3 siblings she never had the chance to meet. I'm unsure that that is all about. I don't know who the mother is. Or perhaps it's same mother and different father. I don't know. Haven't found anything to support any theories I've had.

From what I understand, there are 7 children total( not including the possible pregnancy ). 2 older( I think teenage) children( boy and girl) that are barney and another unmentioned mothers children. Then there is IF (12) and LF(8).. Parents barney and Priscilla. Then crystal has her son G who is 11. Then there are 2 younger siblings around4/5 yr and around 1 yr....their parents are barney and crystal.

Does anyone else know if the above is accurate? I'm only going based on what I've researched. Plus in the obituary it mentions that there are 3 siblings she never had the chance to meet. I'm unsure that that is all about. I don't know who the mother is. Or perhaps it's same mother and different father. I don't know. Haven't found anything to support any theories I've had.

What's your theory?

It's tragic, they've already suffered so much with the brutal murder of a child. I can't imagine the pain of coming to grips with the fact the murder is also your child.
I expect quite a bit of denial. Those poor parents.

I mentioned this also. Parents in crimes like this live in a state of denial, it is too hard to come to grips with a dead child and another child in custody. Torn between the loves of your life. It's incredible such a young child could be capable of such unspeakable rage and violence. I know the parents had a hard and rough custody battle but I have not read of any violence between the parents. Children are so young, they do not understand death. I am sorry they do not understand death at 12 years old!! The brother is very mentally ill. :(

That kid, for whatever reason, perceived injustice? jealousy? Whatever... Hated his sister that day. Twenty one wounds..... That poor little girl.

I mentioned this also. Parents in crimes like this live in a state of denial, it is too hard to come to grips with a dead child and another child in custody. Torn between the loves of your life. It's incredible such a young child could be capable of such unspeakable rage and violence. I know the parents had a hard and rough custody battle but I have not read of any violence between the parents. Children are so young, they do not understand death. I am sorry they do not understand death at 12 years old!! The brother is very mentally ill. :(

I disagree. Twelve year olds understand death and he wanted her very dead. IMO

I think he's twisted... not sure about mentally ill yet.

I've also stayed away cause I suspected brother---wish my mind wasn't so suspicious-----makes me sad.

If this case goes to juvenile court, I don't know how much we'll ever find out as to motive, etc.

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 20m

Organizer of big #LeilaFowler fundraising dinner cancels event. Cites "hurt & anger" within the community. @KTVU

I can understand that in a way. First they were scared to death for themselves and their loved ones. They comforted their children after the loss of a classmate and tried to calm their fears. Their way of life was restricted when the search first started. Then they watched a massive search, which cost their county money and they will end up paying for. Next will be the cost of incarceration and a trial.

I can understand their being angry. But I hope that they can resolve it. I hope it doesn't spill out to the other children or even the parents.

LE must have not only questioned him, but documented his physical condition at the time. I truly believe there was evidence of injury on him and blood evidence as well in the house. Who arrived first after the father called 911?

The link below has forensic case studies in addition to how assailants are wounded during a knife attack.

MECHANISMS FOR SELF-WOUNDING

During a violent attack with a knife or similar sharp instrument with its ensuing struggle, there may be numerous opportunities for the assailant also to sustain injuries.

By the very nature of such an assault, often with hand-to-hand combat and with multiple thrusts or slashes, it is quite difficult, or impossible, for the knife wielder to control each action. The following seven scenarios are proposed as possible causative factors in self-wounding.

Mechanism 1: While stabbing the victim, the assailant hits bone or otherwise resistant material. The abrupt stopping of the knife causes the assailant's hand to slide forward, allowing the hand gripping the knife to slide across the blade. Such a scenario typically would cause a slicing of the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers. If the attack continues after the hand is cut, the presence of the assailant's blood on the knife handle reduces the gripping ability further, making even multiple self-wounding likely.

Mechanism 2: If the assailant wields the knife in one hand and tries to restrain the struggling victim with the other, it is possible that the assailant's hand on the victim will suffer a stab wound during the multiple thrusts. Such a stab wound would commonly be seen on the back of the hand or fingers or on the arm of the free hand.

Mechanism 3: If a folding knife without a locking blade, such as a jackknife, strikes a resistant surface, the knife blade can fold across the assailant's hand. Such an event would typically cause a guillotine-like knife-edge wound, either across the outer surfaces of the fingers or across the wrist or the heel of the palm, depending upon the knife's orientation in the assailant's hand.

Mechanism 4: Due to the great momentum involved in a typical stab, the knife may be capable of becoming lodged in bone or connective tissue. If the assailant attempts to remove the knife during the continuing struggle with the victim, it is possible that the hands could grasp a partially- exposed knife blade, causing slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces.

Mechanism 5: In a slashing action with a knife or other sharp-edged weapon, a glancing blow against the victim or a complete miss may, by the weapon's momentum, cause a slash injury to the assailant. Be cause of the virtually limitless degrees of freedom in how this slashing motion may be delivered toward the victim, the resulting injury to the assailant could occur to almost any part of the assailant's anatomy.

Mechanism 6: Similarly, defensive actions by the victim may cause a redirecting of the weapon's arc into the assailant. Again, the variety of possible movements makes for a limitless list of injuries possible.

Mechanism 7: In a struggle for control of the weapon, the assailant may grab for the weapon. This could result in slicing wounds to the palmar surfaces of the hand or fingers of the assailant.

I wish I was not so cynical at times, but I never believed the intruder story. It made no sense.

The violence of the crime is horrifying, from what we have heard. I think this kid needs to be kept away from society for a long time in whatever type of facility is appropriate, assuming the charges prove to be true.

(sigh) me too. I purposely stayed off this story because the one time I eluded to the perp being in the house all heck almost broke loose.

This is so so sad. Bless those poor parents.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members