GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it, his lawyer has to defend him and proclaim his innocence but ... Really? This is the best he has, IF "may have lied"? What about the neighbor that backed up his "macho story"? How did that come about and what was her reason for perpetrating his lie? And why the hell did he not tell his parents that his sister had been brutally attacked?
BBM: Does anyone wonder if, in the case that the brother is not guilty, he didn't know his sister had been brutally attacked at the time of the call to his parents? What if he WAS hiding in the bathroom, and only came out when his sister stopped screaming?

Just thinking from another direction.

Wow, what a strange 911 call. First hearing it I assumed, they were all together and got call from I and perhaps the older daughter answered her phone for her or she gave her phone to older daughter/BF because she wanted to call police herself using Dad's phone. I honestly think that mom was using "they" in a general sense; she had obviously NO idea that poor little girl was dead so why not assume "they." How old is the older daughter because if teenager, you know how dramatic they get and if I is telling the daughter what is happening, the older daughter is probably freaking out so the boyfriend started talking to I.

The ONLY clear thing to me about that 911 call is that I did NOT tell them his sister was dead and I can see that completely. He killed her, knows he had to make something up but probably couldn't quite make himself emote enough in relaying she was dead.

This is still a 12 year old boy; despite the atrocity of this crime, his emotional maturity and intellect, etc. is not developed to the point where I could see him being able to relay in a phone call authentically that his sister was butchered.

Insofar as how and why..... we truly don't know what lies beneath anyone's surface. This kid could have rage, hate, emotional issues that went deeper than anyone truly knew. We have seen this way too many times. The little I caught on the news about the pocket knife and how he was in school..... loner? bullied? possible psychological and/or intellectual disability that ran deeper. We have no clue but there was rage brewing and something triggered it that horrible day. Perhaps that poor girl caught him doing something and it was literally the straw that broke the camel's back Leila (from what I read) was a popular, smart, gregarious little girl. Was "I" the posterboard child for the exact opposite with some very deep rooted jealously towards her that finally unleashed itself with one innocent provocation by Leila.

Kids are so hard to read these days and they are so good at making parents blind. This kid was a powder keg, we've seen that way too much anymore...... so so sad

I would imagine the fee is hefty unless they can get the court to foot the bill. I don't see juvenile defense experience and it is my understanding that you want someone with that expertise.

I bet everything he is doing this pro-bono.

The Fowler murder case will be real interesting. Seems no motive, no weapon no real evidence. 12 year olds can't commit a perfect crime.
22 hours ago

Family coming in tonight to hire us for defense of 12 year old charged with murder of 8 year old sister.
yesterday

http://www.reichelplesser.com/

This is so unbelievably unprofessional and tacky that I have no words. I think IF is probably guilty but he deserves better than this clown.

:thud: Gitana or any other lawyer... help me out here??!!! :thud:
For real? Professional lawyers do this? Announce their 12 year old clients on twitter?

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

Mark J. Reichel Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 13 May

Family coming in tonight to hire us for defense of 12 year old charged with murder of 8 year old sister.

Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 22h

The Fowler murder case will be real interesting. Seems no motive, no weapon no real evidence. 12 year olds can't commit a perfect crime.

I see he gave an opinion on that one verdict.
I'm not watching it.

Sigh....the height of poor taste. Social media seems to bring out the lack of class in many people. IMO.....

:thud: Gitana or any other lawyer... help me out here??!!! :thud:
For real? Professional lawyers do this? Announce their 12 year old clients on twitter?

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

Mark J. Reichel Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 13 May

Mark J. Reichel ‏@reichellaw 22h

I see he gave an opinion on that one verdict.
I'm not watching it.

I don't think I'd want a lawyer who wants his five minutes before court even starts or he's even talked to the client.

Since they arrested him for homicide it's safe to say LE said he did this.
It may not be so safe. LE interprets the data and assesses the plausibility the he did this. Has he been charged? Was there an arraignment? Or, will there be? Who determines, beyond a resonable doubt, that he did this?

WTH??? Am I reading the above correctly? Is some law firm or attorney tweeting about the Fowler's coming in to discuss hiring him?

This guy is a lawyer?

Seriously?

Apparently he missed the course on both ethics and confidentiality!

I don't even know what to say about that. I can't wait to read what gitana1 has to say about this.

Since it's a judge that will decide the sentence, the concept of trying to (what's the word....) the jury wouldn't apply here, right?

Yeah... Pretty much exactly this. I just listened and my jaw is on the floor. This raises SO many questions. Just.. Wow.

This sounds to me like I***** called his mom and reported the "intruder"; she called 911 on a different phone and related to the dispatcher what she had been told by him; I think she's still on the way to the house. I'm not seeing anything suspicious here on her part; she's been told a lie that the daughter is ok. What's suspicious to me is the lie the son told her, that he and Leila were ok.

Still not hearing any evidence. I always worry in these cases the kind of trial by media that goes on. Him getting the story wrong or not knowing she was hurt could be true except that while he was on the phone you'd think he'd talk to her.

An attorney for a 12-year-old California boy arrested in the stabbing death of his sister says the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired intruder fleeing the scene but that doesn't make the boy the killer.

Attorney Mark Reichel met Tuesday with the boy in juvenile jail then visited the home where 8-year-old Leila Fowler was found April 27 with knife wounds. Her brother was the only one home.

snipped

Reichel said his client might have made up a "macho" story about scaring away the intruder because he was scared.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/69513e1d1df8435890f8ec1fd1f94fe2/US--Sister-Stabbed

Well thats not an angle we saw coming...

I believe if someone is lying, small details change or will be added each time they tell the story..True, they may be remembering something.. but when someone's truthful, that story can be told over and over no matter how many ways they are asked...this is true with kids especially I have found..

WTH??? Am I reading the above correctly? Is some law firm or attorney tweeting about the Fowler's coming in to discuss hiring him?

This guy is a lawyer?

Seriously?

Apparently he missed the course on both ethics and confidentiality!

I don't even know what to say about that. I can't wait to read what gitana1 has to say about this.

Neither can I. I'm still :thud:

I looked up past articles about the lawyer...I can't find one article that says he was the attorney in a murder case. Is this his first murder trial? It seems he specializes in federal trials, and I don't think many murders are tried to federal court.

There isn't much more that can be done to clear his name.

Michael was arrested and charged but never convicted.
A year after his arrest the other guy was identified.
The other guy has been convicted and sentenced.

He has been declared factually innocent.
All records of his arrest and prosecution are being destroyed.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/may/22/michael-crowe-found-factually-innocent-sisters-mur/

It doesn't get much better than that. :seeya:
Thank you, I missed that last year. They didn't publicize it very much. (I was just told by friends they didn't bother to announce it on the local news stations until September 2012. Nice.)

According to that guy's twitter page, he isn't just a lawyer.

He's a SUPER lawyer!

Still not hearing any evidence. I always worry in these cases the kind of trial by media that goes on. Him getting the story wrong or not knowing she was hurt could be true except that while he was on the phone you'd think he'd talk to her.

There is no reason we should hear any evidence at this point, IMO.
I think LE looked at every possibility before arresting this boy, even if his involvement appeared obvious from the start.

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 10m
2nd degree murder charges filed in Calaveras County against 12 year old boy accused of stabbing his 8 year old... http://fb.me/IDSJFbBe

with special allegation that he used a deadly and dangerous weapon in the commission of the offense.

Hmmm 2nd degree. So there was no other felony occurring at the same time, and not premeditated. I've been wondering if maybe he had used drugs, like meth, and was out of his head. Understand there's nothing that supports that, but it would go a bit to explain the ferocity of the killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member