GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/may/14/911-caller-believed-stabbed-girl-8-was-alive/

"A tape released Tuesday to TV station KGO indicates a woman called 911 after getting a call about a mystery intruder from the girl's 12-year-old brother, who was arrested Saturday in connection with the killing.

The caller, who said she was the girl's mother, said the children, including Leila Fowler, were OK. She was not at home at the time.

She says her son was in the bathroom and heard her daughter screaming. She says he came out of the bathroom and saw an intruder run out of the house.

The caller said "my daughter is freaking out right now.""

That tells me... He killed her, ditched the knife, hopped in the shower, then called his parents.... Didn't even tell them she was injured...created a "SODDI" tale....and stuck to it, right up till his arrest.

I really want to hear the version he gave the dispatcher when she called him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Gods. I'm in WTF mode. This isn't right. This precious little girl. This family. Why are we humans so effed up? :(

I'm really struggling to get my head around this one :( Such a sad case :( over 20 stab wounds inflicted, supposedly by her 12 year old brother. If not premeditated, what on earth happened in there?

You and me both my friend. I wish I knew. I wish the living might find peace. I wish I could hug my nephews right now and assure them no one will ever hurt them, hell, not only my nephews, but all precious young ones.even the defendant in this case. Something g happens that breaks us and makes some of us into killers. I am pretty shaken.

Woah! Here it is! Here's the 911 call made by Crystal!

http://www.news10.net/news/article/245118/2/911-call-released-in-Leila-Fowler-murder-audio

Very suspicious.

1. She says "my older son was in the bathroom and my daughter started screaming."

2. She says that her daughter (presumably Leila) at the house "is freaking out right now".

3. She doesn't mention ANYTHING about her "daughter" being injured in any way!

Strange.

That's obviously the account her son gave her on the phone, then she rang 911 from the car before getting home to see for herself.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this one :( Such a sad case :( over 20 stab wounds inflicted, supposedly by her 12 year old brother. If not premeditated, what on earth happened in there?

So many possibilities, Imoo. I keep thinking Leila walked into the room her brother was in where she POSSIBLY caught him watching *advertiser censored*..... Maybe she said Im going to tell .....and he snapped. Whatever the cause 20some stab wounds shows much anger and rage, IMOO.

I thought names of juveniles were sealed usually in the UK? Even adult defendants have their names sealed over there a lot, or at least not revealed.

That's not true.

Yeah. No way did that lady say bleeding out yet never mention an attack anywehre else in the call and also sound so relatively calm.

Not true. In an article I linked to about the murders by Billy Kennan, just a few pages back, the LA Times discusses subsequent crimes of the murderer as well as sentencing comments by the judge about the murders the defendant committed at 13. Sealed doesn't quite have the effect most think it does. Oh, and Billy Keenan and his family reportedly changed their names after he was released but we still got to hear about his later legal trouble. (Billy Keenan was a pseudonym never actually used by the killer, though, whose real name is AC).

That grosses me out. I don't think she should have been free to become a writer. Those two girls planned the evil murder of a very sweet lady. I don't give a darn what talent the world may have missed by her not being around. Ick.

Right. And deciding which degree it would be may have explained the delay in charging after the arrest.

Announcing his pending representation is totally unethical and against the rules. Thus, I believe it is likely agreed upon strategy so he can immediately begin making statements in an attempt to cast doubt.

It's called deductive reasoning. I think the rest of your questions are rhetorical and sarcastic so I will refrain from responding to those.

Gitano...

I want to give you a BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to clarify so succinctly our questions regarding the legalities of this baffling case!

:gthanks:

Here are some treats for your efforts...

:coffeews: :cupcake:

These treats go along with the three figure salary you earn here at WS for your work as a legal consultant! :wink:

If IF was simply giving the account to his mom who was screaming? Crystal implies she hears her daughter screaming.

Is IF stabbing her WHILE on the phone? and what sounds were Crystal's older daughter's BF hearing while Crystal was on the other phone with dispatch and IF was still on the phone with him?

Things that make me go hmmm.

:twocents: none of this is adding up for me.

So...now I wonder what happened when they reached the house. Does anyone know (I have not read) if they arrived before authorities? Was an ambulance even dispatched before the authorities reached the home?

So the defense attorney can try to explain away the boy lying about an intruder. I wonder how he'll explain the boy not telling them she was injured and dying. My guess is, he can't in any way that would be effective.

The judge, eventually .. but we are at liberty to discuss it here in the meantime.

Yes, we are at liberty. My point was that LE did not say, with the same certainty as gitana1, that IF was alone and committed the crime.

Probable cause:
In United States criminal law, probable cause is the standard by which an officer or agent of the law has the grounds to make an arrest, to conduct a personal or property search, or to obtain a warrant for arrest, etc. when criminal charges are being considered.

- The Supreme Court decision Illinois v. Gates 462 U.S. 213 (1983)[10] lowered the threshold of probable cause by ruling that a "substantial chance" or "fair probability" of criminal activity could establish probable cause. A better-than-even chance is not required.

Criminal Charge
A criminal charge is a formal accusation made by a governmental authority asserting that somebody has committed a crime.
- Definition of asserting - to state with assurance (not to state as fact)

If IF was simply giving the account to his mom who was screaming? Crystal implies she hears her daughter screaming.

Is IF stabbing her WHILE on the phone? and what sounds were Crystal's older daughter's BF hearing while Crystal was on the other phone with dispatch and IF was still on the phone with him?

Things that make me go hmmm.

:twocents: none of this is adding up for me.

She just seems so not panicky when she says, "My daughter is freaking out." It seemed to me, that it was relayed to her from IF. I totally understand remaining calm in a situation, but not sounding scared at all, that your daughter is freaking out? I don't think she heard it herself, personally.

So...now I wonder what happened when they reached the house. Does anyone know (I have not read) if they arrived before authorities? Was an ambulance even dispatched before the authorities reached the home?

So the defense attorney can try to explain away the boy lying about an intruder. I wonder how he'll explain the boy not telling them she was injured and dying. My guess is, he can't in any way that would be effective.

I'm wondering what IF said to the dispatcher when 911 rang the house.

Did IF call his sister and her boyfriend himself? Or did either Barney or Crystal call the sister (who I assume was with her boyfriend at the time) to call the house? Were they altogether in the car?

FWIW, the defense attorney does not say IF may have lied about the intruder's existence. He says

Attorney Mark Reichel, who met with the boy Tuesday, said his client might have made up a "macho" story about scaring away the intruder because he was scared.

I take that to mean IF may have lied about scaring off THE intruder. (statement implies there was an intruder)

Now if he had said IF may have lied about scaring off AN intruder. (statement implies there was no intruder)

he also said

"He's 12. The odds are just as good that he lied and gives a macho story that he chased away the attacker. Someone kills your sister? I'm not sure he didn't stay in the bathroom and cry," Reichel told the AP.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=183839203

in other words, attorney is still sticking with the intruder story

I am seriously WTF with this family. No offense but CW and BF aren't even married so .....she is NOT the stepmother or mother or whatev's. She is dad's GF.

And her hateful FB comments about birthmom PR are just distasteful.

I honestly don't know the dynamic here, but I know the milk ain't clean and also, a little girl is dead.

Were IF and LF the only two kids that were bio kids of Barney and Priscilla? Is that why they were not included on the family outing?

Something isn't right, here, aside from that boy butchering his sister.

Yes, we are at liberty. My point was that LE did not say, with the same certainty as gitana1, that IF was alone and committed the crime.

Probable cause:
In United States criminal law, probable cause is the standard by which an officer or agent of the law has the grounds to make an arrest, to conduct a personal or property search, or to obtain a warrant for arrest, etc. when criminal charges are being considered.

- The Supreme Court decision Illinois v. Gates 462 U.S. 213 (1983)[10] lowered the threshold of probable cause by ruling that a "substantial chance" or "fair probability" of criminal activity could establish probable cause. A better-than-even chance is not required.

Criminal Charge
A criminal charge is a formal accusation made by a governmental authority asserting that somebody has committed a crime.
- Definition of asserting - to state with assurance (not to state as fact)

Where did you get these definitions? LINK AND SOURCE ?

been lurking and not posting.

my question, if anyone has insight. what was the time lapse between the son's call to his parents, the 911 call either from him or from them to authorities, and the arrival of barney at the house. then, how much time lapsed until LE arrived.

just a guess, not an accusation, but there was no apparant warrant for dad's car. if he arrived at the scene before EMT and LE, anything could've been hidden in his car before the bus arrived to race to the hospital with leila.

i've read as much as i can. there's no description of the crime scene. 12:55pm and 1:05 pm is the best they've done in MSM describing the arrival and declaration of death.

thoughts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members