GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently been amazed that I person I know so well is capable of violence but I just witnessed a 45 yr. old man screaming obscenities and threatening his mother with his fists because he did not like her behavior at his holiday party and a guest had said they didn't want to be around her. She was drinking wine....not exactly a crime. JMO but I now think a lot more people are capable of violence. I truly believe this man could have killed his mother for drinking. JMO

That does make sense. Makes me wonder if the lawyers are hoping to get paid to talk about the case on a 48 Hours-esque program, or maybe to even write a book about it. Or even to become some sort of commentator on TV about juveniles who commit crimes. I just feel like the lawyers have to be expecting something more out of the case other than publicity for when the proceedings are going on.

I got the feeling the lawyer has wanted this case ever since he started commenting to media about how much the family members needed a lawyer. ;) The payback for cases like this is notoriety (and the money will come later).

I got the feeling the lawyer has wanted this case ever since he started commenting to media about how much the family members needed a lawyer. ;) The payback for cases like this is notoriety (and the money will come later).

If these lawyers are smart, they are contacting 48 Hours (or any show) now to talk about getting a program out about the case very soon after the verdict comes in. I think the period for cashing in on this case is going to be very short.

On the side of HLN's page: "Did a 12-year-old commit the perfect murder?" Um...he was arrested so I am going to say no....

On the side of HLN's page: "Did a 12-year-old commit the perfect murder?" Um...he was arrested so I am going to say no....

I always laugh when I see that. 2 weeks to apprehend and arrest someone for as murder, is actually very fast. This isn't a television show, people don't get arrested by the end of an episode!! I think people forget that getting evidence back to support a murder warrant, takes a bit of time. 2 weeks is nothing, and I would bet good money IF wasn't alluding any LE for two weeks.

I'm listening to the second video with Dr Drew on it, but I knew HLN would only pick it up if there were some sensationalism in it. When they started about the family, that was the ah ha moment, so as this goes on I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on NG closer to July. However that's why lawyers do the pro bono on cases like this, right? :)

Lawyer said there were several people, not just one, several people who gave a similar description of the assailant as the boy. LOL Here we go with the twists and turns, he neglected to mention the one possible suspect of a man picked up by a young man was ruled out and the other neighbor recanted. So to get truth I'll wait to see LE's account, I can see this right now.

Turns out I accidentally hit the record button to early and only got the tail end of Good Morning express. Sorry guys!!! Dang it :( Ill look online to see if there's video of it somewhere.

I'm listening to the second video with Dr Drew on it, but I knew HLN would only pick it up if there were some sensationalism in it. When they started about the family, that was the ah ha moment, so as this goes on I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on NG closer to July. However that's why lawyers do the pro bono on cases like this, right? :)

Lawyer said there were several people, not just one, several people who gave a similar description of the assailant as the boy. LOL Here we go with the twists and turns, he neglected to mention the one possible suspect of a man picked up by a young man was ruled out and the other neighbor recanted. So to get truth I'll wait to see LE's account, I can see this right now.

Even without the family dynamics, just the fact that a 12-year-old boy is on trial for murdering his 8-year-old sister should be sensational enough for the media. In terms of circumstances, you don't get much more unusual than that. It will be interesting to see how much media coverage the trial gets.

Even without the family dynamics, just the fact that a 12-year-old boy is on trial for murdering his 8-year-old sister should be sensational enough for the media. In terms of circumstances, you don't get much more unusual than that. It will be interesting to see how much media coverage the trial gets.

Yep, except for there's not enough info to keep a story up now. The only thing they can do is retell the initial event, which they did in April and the little bit they did today. Until around July, they won't have any different information on it. If the family was speaking out about looking for an intruder and LE was speaking about any new info, it would be different, but everyone's being quiet. The only one speaking is the lawyer and after hearing what he said about other witnesses, I'm not holding my breath on anything he says.

My mind keeps going back to the fact that IF stabbed her more than 20 times. This is sooo much violence! And this is also so personal. It's pure rage, hatred taking over everything else. This alone makes me very sceptical of the intruder story. Who is so angry with a little girl?

well, if the murder weapon was the swiss army knife IF was reportedly caught with at school, I can image that it would take many stab wounds to be fatal. :(

Back to lurking.

My mind keeps going back to the fact that IF stabbed her more than 20 times. This is sooo much violence! And this is also so personal. It's pure rage, hatred taking over everything else. This alone makes me very sceptical of the intruder story. Who is so angry with a little girl?

I was thinking last evening, What did she do to make him that made. What could have happened?

I was thinking last evening, What did she do to make him that made. What could have happened?

If all we have to go on is the family dynamics we have seen so far, then I have a guess. I think that IF was very sad and depressed about his feelings of abandonment and grief surrounding his mother. I think he blamed his father for the situation, given the court case to taker some of her disability and that she was sometimes homeless. I think he was much more attached to his mom than his little sis was. We know that Crystal was outspoken about wanting to be known as their 'mother.' So I can see him being triggered by something Leila might have said. Maybe she said that Crystal was their new mom and he should get over it, who cares about Priscilla. I can see that triggering a lot of misplaced rage. :cry:

If all we have to go on is the family dynamics we have seen so far, then I have a guess. I think that IF was very sad and depressed about his feelings of abandonment and grief surrounding his mother. I think he blamed his father for the situation, given the court case to taker some of her disability and that she was sometimes homeless. I think he was much more attached to his mom than his little sis was. We know that Crystal was outspoken about wanting to be known as their 'mother.' So I can see him being triggered by something Leila might have said. Maybe she said that Crystal was their new mom and he should get over it, who cares about Priscilla. I can see that triggering a lot of misplaced rage. :cry:

This is just my opinion, but it seems she has been outspoken about being called Leila's mother. No single mention of wanting to be called IF's mother. I think that home was a very confusing place for young kids.

With that said, I agree with Dr. Drew. (I'm no fan of his, normally.) There is something bigger going on, and of course home instability can contribute. I agree that home instability alone does not lead to a preteen brother violently stabbing an innocent sister to death. There are other internal factors, and I'm sure they are very complicated...and not at all helped by the external factors. That kind of enormous rage, I think is incredibly complicated.

This is just my opinion, but it seems she has been outspoken about being called Leila's mother. No single mention of wanting to be called IF's mother. I think that home was a very confusing place for young kids.

With that said, I agree with Dr. Drew. (I'm no fan of his, normally.) There is something bigger going on, and of course home instability can contribute. I agree that home instability alone does not lead to a preteen brother violently stabbing an innocent sister to death. There are other internal factors, and I'm sure they are very complicated...and not at all helped by the external factors. That kind of enormous rage, I think is incredibly complicated.

Right, she wanted to be called Leila's mother. But that could enrage IF if he was harboring pain and anger about that situation, of his belief that his mother was being mistreated and kept away from them. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flint80