GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,I understand your concern, tlcya, but if I want titillating, I'll go find a steamy romance novel. This is all new territory to me, how the child support system works, so that's all my questions concern. I sometimes (not always!) find legal stuff interesting. :o

We do not know why BF and CF's children are with him. Perhaps CF agreed to him being the best person to have physical custody. My point is, their relationship likely has nothing to do with this case. And IMO neither does whether this family is receiving federal assistance.

I am sure the information would be very interesting to those who have a certain opinion of BF and CW as they feel it would further back up their poor opinion of these individuals. But in regards to Leila Fowler, the beautiful little girl who was murdered: She gets lost in the endless debate about CW and her FB comments, BF and his many children by several different women, etc and so forth. MOO

its all quite titillating. IMO its also quite ugly and unnecessary.
Respectfully, you're right we don't know but I would like to know how the court came to the conclusion that he was the better parent for these children to reside with. Not saying he isn't, not saying he is, it's just one I would have liked to have sat in on. Not for the excitement, because in child custody cases I've never found that, nor have I been looking for it. I like the pieces, all of them, to try and figure out quite possibly how this happened.
PR has been portrayed by some as less than a good parent because she doesn't have custody. I've seen enough court cases to know that some fathers have received custody that should have never in a million years and the same with mothers.
To say that "its all quite titillating. IMO its also quite ugly and unnecessary" I disagree.

MOO

I can't get over the timing.
The child support was filed for JUST before Leila was murdered.
That's a huge coincidence and I don't like coincidences. :twocents:

I'm not sure its that big a coincidence. Seven, (or possibly more), children by at least four different mothers - claims and counter claims for child support seem to have been more common occurrences in this family than most.

We do not know why BF and CF's children are with him. Perhaps CF agreed to him being the best person to have physical custody. My point is, their relationship likely has nothing to do with this case. And IMO neither does whether this family is receiving federal assistance.

I am sure the information would be very interesting to those who have a certain opinion of BF and CW as they feel it would further back up their poor opinion of these individuals. But in regards to Leila Fowler, the beautiful little girl who was murdered: She gets lost in the endless debate about CW and her FB comments, BF and his many children by several different women, etc and so forth. MOO

its all quite titillating. IMO its also quite ugly and unnecessary.

I understand where you are coming from but it isn't a stretch to imagine that IF got lost in the middle of all the family drama and that Leila may still be here if that hadn't happened.

Something I keep thinking about is if this were a woman that gave birth to seven (or more) kids by 4 different guys, people would be saying she's a baby factory or a *advertiser censored*. & gosh help her if she had seven (or more) kids and barely worked - then she'd be eaten alive by the public, she'd have no decent reputation left. Just sayin'...

She definitely wouldn't get the praise Barney has gotten for raising his children.

I really feel for the kiddos in the family. They lost their sister, their brother is accused, and they probably don't know which side is up these days. Hopefully, everyone can get counseling and put their lives in some order.

She definitely wouldn't get the praise Barney has gotten for raising his children.

That's because the woman is EXPECTED to raise them. That's what is deemed normal.

However, if the Dad actually decides to raise them that makes him a good guy, not a normal guy.

That's because the woman is EXPECTED to raise them. That's what is deemed normal.

However, if the Dad actually decides to raise them that makes him a good guy, not a normal guy.

That's what society says. It doesn't mean it's not misogynic. A dad who decides to raise his kids should get no more praise than a mother would. I also don't see how a father raising his children is not normal. Sure, there are plenty of deadbeats but there are millions, if not billions, of fathers who raise their own kids. It really isn't exceptional.

:wave:I just wanted to say that my head is about to explode half the time when I read the posts or the thoughts/opinions some of you have....

It frustrates me because I want to confirm certain things, and give reasons for others when your on the right track with something, but I can't/won't/should'nt..

However, I've found that if I just give it a day or two you smarties hit the nail on the head and figure out what's what..:yesss:

:rockon:

Would one of you happen to have the link or article that gave the estimated amount of donations?? I can't seem to find it..

That's what society says. It doesn't mean it's not misogynic. A dad who decides to raise his kids should get no more praise than a mother would. I also don't see how a father raising his children is not normal. Sure, there are plenty of deadbeats but there are millions, if not billions, of fathers who raise their own kids. It really isn't exceptional.

Kind of like how mothers parent, fathers babysit? I hate the way fathers who are slightly better than crap are praised, mothers who are slightly better than crap are called every name under the sun.

If more people demanded/ expected better of men, they may actually start achieving it.

this could very well be a reporter stating a "request" that wasn't. thank you eileen as your posts were well-said and nothing i was aware of...

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/17/5429500/fowler-familys-troubles-detailed.html

"Barney Fowler's request that S pay him $566 a month in child support is scheduled for a hearing in Calaveras Superior Court on June 5."

No, Barney DID file for child support in April of 2013.
That is CLEAR. He filed on April 19th, 1 week before Leila's murder.

The other one that you guys are referencing is from 2012.
When the county/state goes after someone they don't include the custodial parent, they just do it.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/17/5429500/fowler-familys-troubles-detailed.html#storylink=cpy

"I juggle month-to-month to get by," Barney Fowler,
37, the head of the household and father of the five children living there wrote in an April 19 document in which he asked ex-wife S to pay child support.

--------------------

Barney Fowler's request that S pay him $566 a month in child support is scheduled for a hearing in Calaveras Superior Court on June 5.

:wave:I just wanted to say that my head is about to explode half the time when I read the posts or the thoughts/opinions some of you have....

It frustrates me because I want to confirm certain things, and give reasons for others when your on the right track with something, but I can't/won't/should'nt..

However, I've found that if I just give it a day or two you smarties hit the nail on the head and figure out what's what..:yesss:

:rockon:

You could give us some clues and guidance though, now that you are verified. :wave:

I always get a kick out of hearing dads who refer to watching their kids while their wife it out somewhere as "babysitting."

Um....you can't "babysit" your own kids! LOL! :floorlaugh:

I always get a kick out of hearing dads who refer to watching their kids while their wife it out somewhere as "babysitting."

Um....you can't "babysit" your own kids! LOL! :floorlaugh:

Cracks me up too! Eyeroll... The bar seems to be set way low for fathers. Thank goodness it wasn't in my house growing up or my husbands.

Or commercials, movies or sitcoms that portrays men as bumbling incompetent fools with their children or housework. That pisses me off too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNINGS have been posted in this thread that the Idaho family is off the table. I have no idea why posters think the facebook and/or other information should be posted here, but I will start issuing TOs from this point on for any poster that again posts info on the Id family.

Salem

If IF had stabbed a little girl who was not related to him 21x, do you think more people would blame the parents? I think about how whenever I hear about a child or teenager doing something bad, people always go after the parents. If you hear about a 15-year-old girl who does coke, are you going to think the parents must be pretty crappy? Probably. Are people reluctant to put any blame on the parents in this case due to the fact that their daughter was also murdered? If IF had killed an 8-year-old neighbor girl, would the reaction towards the parents be even worse?

ALSO - please do NOT continue to post information that is NOT case related. There is information in MSM that relates to background and INNOCENT people that we just don't need to have all over our forum. The parties are NOT involved here. They are not the biological parent. Please leave them out of the discussion.

Unless child support payments are linked to crime and what happened, either by MSM or LE, there is no reason to bring these innocent people into the discussion. Please think it through before posting names here.

Thanks,

Salem

why would he not be given schoolwork or exercise? He has been charged with a crime but not yet found guilty unless I missed the trial. As a minor who is now in the care of the state as he awaits trial of course he is getting his homework and of course he is receiving opportunity to exercise.

I could understand if people were objecting to him getting cable tv or computer time but homework and exercise should not be considered objectionable. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member