CA CA - Los Angeles County, WhtFem 225UFCA 1 of 2 Children killed by dynamite, 1921-1951

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Playing with dynamite sticks?....hmmmm. Dynamite is water resisted (not for long) and what causes an explosion? Dynamite (stabilized nitroglycerine) needs a detonator to explode, not something you carry in your pocket as a child...playing with it?!! Actually I think this kids where accidentally killed and so murdered when parts of a/the dam where dynamited ..Does anybody have specialized information on the usage of dynamite?

This is on Wikipedia

Two children were witnessed playing with sticks of dynamite in Los Angeles County, California between the years of 1921 and 1951. The dynamite subsequently exploded and killed both the victims, one male and one female. Poor record keeping resulted in the exact date of the incident being unknown; the time range was established from the thirty-year career of the particular crime scene photographer. Very little is known about these two victims, especially the male child, as it was impossible to create a reconstruction from his body due to the injuries he suffered. The female was in much better condition. She was most likely a teenager, though a wider possible age range is not known. Her height, weight, hair and eye color are unknown; though she most likely was Caucasian.[SUP][4][/SUP]

Warning!!!! There is a postmortem pic of the girl at this link https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Jane_Doe_1921_-_1951_(retouched).jpg

This is on Wikipedia

Two children were witnessed playing with sticks of dynamite in Los Angeles County, California between the years of 1921 and 1951. The dynamite subsequently exploded and killed both the victims, one male and one female. Poor record keeping resulted in the exact date of the incident being unknown; the time range was established from the thirty-year career of the particular crime scene photographer. Very little is known about these two victims, especially the male child, as it was impossible to create a reconstruction from his body due to the injuries he suffered. The female was in much better condition. She was most likely a teenager, though a wider possible age range is not known. Her height, weight, hair and eye color are unknown; though she most likely was Caucasian.[SUP][4][/SUP]

Warning!!!! There is a postmortem pic of the girl at this link https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Jane_Doe_1921_-_1951_(retouched).jpg
She looks like a friend I had in grade school who also looks like Connie Smith
http://charleyproject.org/case/constance-christine-smith

I don't know how she'd get to CA or how the year could be one year off the time frame, but both do favor the same person I know.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Brilliant thinking...thanks....

On May 27 <1927> the problems in the Owens Valley escalated once again with the dynamiting of a large section of the Los Angeles Aqueduct, part of the California Water Wars. A second incident took place a few days later which destroyed another large section. In the days that followed, several more sections of the aqueduct were dynamited which caused a complete interruption of the flow. The near-full reservoir behind the St. Francis dam was the only source of water from the north and withdrawals began immediately.

I really don't know what they did with the bodies in those days....maybe they are listed on the government list of UIDs...have to look for that. Also I believe member CarlK knows a lot about Californian UID's, maybe he has some more information.

If it was LA County, the remains were cremated and buried in the County cemetery on 1st and Lorena in Boyle Heights. That cemetery has been in use since 1896..

Brilliant thinking...thanks....

On May 27 <1927> the problems in the Owens Valley escalated once again with the dynamiting of a large section of the Los Angeles Aqueduct, part of the California Water Wars. A second incident took place a few days later which destroyed another large section. In the days that followed, several more sections of the aqueduct were dynamited which caused a complete interruption of the flow. The near-full reservoir behind the St. Francis dam was the only source of water from the north and withdrawals began immediately.

I really don't know what they did with the bodies in those days....maybe they are listed on the government list of UIDs...have to look for that. Also I believe member CarlK knows a lot about Californian UID's, maybe he has some more information.

If it was LA County, the remains were cremated and buried in the County cemetery on 1st and Lorena in Boyle Heights. That cemetery has been in use since 1896..

Thanks Carl. I could find some Jane and John Doe's on the find a grave website (even one from 1908), but none of them fitting the timeline or the story. The remains are probably lost or the ashes buried in a mass grave.

In that case I suspect there's absolutely no way these individuals can ever be identified, unless some contemporary documentation naming them comes to light.

Would their deaths have been the subject of an inquest? If so there may be a coroner's report with details that could be followed up.

Very informative, thank you for explaining! :)

As a matter of interest and in connection with another case, I see there's an example of the sort of reconstruction and phenotype probability chart mentioned in connection with the latest True Crime Garage episode.

<modsnip: broken link>

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case I suspect there's absolutely no way these individuals can ever be identified, unless some contemporary documentation naming them comes to light.

Would their deaths have been the subject of an inquest? If so there may be a coroner's report with details that could be followed up.

I think you are right. On both sides (missing and remains) there is a lot of info missing. CA is not very helpful in relation to UID's, as I have experienced.

Playing with dynamite sticks?....hmmmm. Dynamite is water resisted (not for long) and what causes an explosion? Dynamite (stabilized nitroglycerine) needs a detonator to explode, not something you carry in your pocket as a child...playing with it?!! Actually I think this kids where accidentally killed and so murdered when parts of a/the dam where dynamited ..Does anybody have specialized information on the usage of dynamite?
Dynamite can weep nitroglycerin and becomes extremely unstable, may not need a primary explosive to set off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dynamite can weep nitroglycerin and becomes extremely unstable, may not need a primary explosive to set off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for this additional info Hathor16.

Does anyone own the book, pictures of Jack Huddleston death scenes? There are a few pictures from the book online, but not from this case. I searched and searched but couldn't find them. The ones I saw have dates on it.

Is there a dam near Box Valley? Long shot....could they have been members of the Krishna Venta Cult, WKFL Fountain of the World.

Even considered for a while the could be victims of the Standard Air Lines Flight 897R crash and mistakenly considered to be killed by dynamite....pffff

She has already reminded me of Shoshanna from the show Girls.

Attachments

• 54aa523ad5db5_-_elle-shosh-hat-v-xln.jpg
    54aa523ad5db5_-_elle-shosh-hat-v-xln.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members