CA CA- Los Angeles, wht/hismale, 16-23, hanging on fence in alley, 18 Jun 2004 - Edgar Arroldo Gonzalez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder where his fingerprints came from after all this time, yet they don't know where he's from or how to find family?

"Possible suicide" it said on his case. But in an alley?

Perhaps his family was afraid to come forward to report him missing due to their residency status. Or there was a language barrier they didn't know how to surmount. Or he was in the U.S. without family.
All speculation.

Edgar may you be at peace. I am sorry whatever happened to you happened.
The alley in which he was found in is very public. I don't understand how no one saw anything, but maybe if he got up there at night or early morning that would make sense.

You can actually kill yourself by hanging fairly quickly (within 3 minutes) if you know, how.
I think he might have hung himself at night and he may have also been a bit hidden so that it was not too obvious too people passing by there was a body.

You can actually kill yourself by hanging fairly quickly (within 3 minutes) if you know, how.
I think he might have hung himself at night and he may have also been a bit hidden so that it was not too obvious too people passing by there was a body.

Yes, it's actually quickly done (this sounds weird but I mean no disrespect) It's always the question why...It's kind of knowing how hard it is to come to the decision to take your own life...and actually do it....it's not that easy...

This is a very strange case imo why would he decide to hang himself on a fence in a public area.

Last edited:
The alley in which he was found in is very public. I don't understand how no one saw anything, but maybe if he got up there at night or early morning that would make sense.
I somehow have the feeling he was hanged...can't explain why.
Has any progress been made in locating his family after 2 and a half years

His Namus page is down, but he is in the unclaimed section now. Poor guy. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Warning: PM picture

Decedent was found deceased in an alley in Los Angeles, CA on 6/18/2004. He was identified via fingerprints on 8/27/2020. His country of birth is not known.
How do they not know where he was born if they know his identity. How do we know that the identity they have is correct. It makes no sense it would take that long to match fingerprints.

His Namus page is down, but he is in the unclaimed section now. Poor guy. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Warning: PM picture

Decedent was found deceased in an alley in Los Angeles, CA on 6/18/2004. He was identified via fingerprints on 8/27/2020. His country of birth is not known.
Was his death also ever properly investigated as based on the circumstances it looks very likely he could have been hanged instead of just hanging himself.

How do they not know where he was born if they know his identity. How do we know that the identity they have is correct. It makes no sense it would take that long to match fingerprints.
A lot of people are using fake ID's. Fingerprints would be under a false name used. People from f.i. Honduras, Guatemala, mostly travel through Mexico and a lot of them have a fake Mexican voters-card for the reason that if they are send back they are send back to Mexico and not their country of origin.

As an example, this is about how they struggle in Arizona to identify the deceased border crossers/migrants. Arizona: Naming the dead from the desert

In this case there is a pretty recognizable picture of the deceased. It is even possible his family knows already he passed, but there are communication or money problems, family has to travel to the USA to make a formal identification and have no money to do that, let alone repatriation. It happens a lot.

A lot of people are using fake ID's. Fingerprints would be under a false name used. People from f.i. Honduras, Guatemala, mostly travel through Mexico and a lot of them have a fake Mexican voters-card for the reason that if they are send back they are send back to Mexico and not their country of origin.

As an example, this is about how they struggle in Arizona to identify the deceased border crossers/migrants. Arizona: Naming the dead from the desert

In this case there is a pretty recognizable picture of the deceased. It is even possible his family knows already he passed, but there are communication or money problems, family has to travel to the USA to make a formal identification and have no money to do that, let alone repatriation. It happens a lot.
Is genealogy an option for this case as even though he has been supposedly identified. They could probably find his family through genetic genealogy to claim him.

I still don’t know though how they are sure the name Edgar isn’t just an Alias especially since they don’t know where he was born.

Is genealogy an option for this case as even though he has been supposedly identified. They could probably find his family through genetic genealogy to claim him.
I think that's possible (if they have a DNA sample) but my guess is that in the end it's all about workload, priority and money and this UID is not on that top-list.

I think that's possible (if they have a DNA sample) but my guess is that in the end it's all about workload, priority and money and this UID is not on that top-list.
They could get dna doe project or Othman to do it. I can’t imagine it would cost too much to do.

They could get dna doe project or Othman to do it. I can’t imagine it would cost too much to do.
I don't know what your perception is of 'much' money. It costs about 7500 dollars (correct me if I'm wrong, Othram f.i. asks for funding) Put that in the perspective of all the unidentified bodies in Los Angeles (and there are shiploads) and you have some insight. I don't know what LE's budget is, but most likely LE has to prioritize.

<modsnip: quoted post removed at request of poster>
I don't know what your perception is of 'much' money. It costs about 7500 dollars (correct me if I'm wrong, Othram f.i. asks for funding) Put that in the perspective of all the unidentified bodies in Los Angeles (and there are shiploads) and you have some insight. I don't know what LE's budget is, but most likely LE has to prioritize.
I guess your right they do have to prioritize but eventually I think genealogy could be helpful in locating his family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back