CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably not related, but remains were found by the ranger station at the bottom of the hill on Sunday. Yesterday the sheriff had the area closed off and they had drones, atvs, and horses out there searching. They still haven't released anything about it, which is no surprise, I know several times remains or bones have been found, they didn't make a press release. I'll keep watching for one and post it when I see it. But for now, I don't have any links.

Autopsy: Woman died of meth overdose on ranch near Idyllwild​

Manner of death still “undetermined” in 2021 death of Jodi Newkirk, 46

Having a hard time believing this. Keep remembering how KH said, and how it bothered Jodi, that "he was really going to miss her". Then, she dies. :confused:

She probably did Meth before, maybe for years, but, JMO, meet up with KH and people seem to die. Was the ATV rollover to cover up the Meth overdose? Is anyone else here struggling to believe it was an overdose taken by Jodi? Wonder where the Meth came from. Sad. :(

Autopsy: Woman died of meth overdose on ranch near Idyllwild​

Manner of death still “undetermined” in 2021 death of Jodi Newkirk, 46

Newkirk was reported to have died in a rollover ATV accident on the ranch two days before Christmas, 2021.

The autopsy report, however, listed Newkirk’s cause of death as “acute methamphetamine toxicity.” The 46-year-old was a long-time meth user, according to relatives.

Despite the finding of a meth overdose, the manner of death remained “undetermined” because there was “no evidence to determine if Newkirk administered the drugs to herself or if someone else administered it to her,” the autopsy report stated.

This is MOO about this article. It seems like everyone mentioned in this article got a clean-up and polishing, and that Dateline was mentioned often throughout the article. (MOO, leave out the real dirt, and it becomes a made for tv mystery.) I'll try not to mention some of the inconsistencies reading about these people on their best behavior in print.

This is just my own opinion. I really have an issue reading how chummy Diana describes her close friendship with Dia when it seems she has not done enough to get this homicide solved, her being former Secret Service and all. Many guests at the Airbnb mentioned Diana and KH being a couple. They were both named on the questionable change in Trusteeship weeks before Dia disappeared mysteriously. MOO, some friend. She didn't see this through to get Dia the Justice she deserves.

Having a hard time believing this. Keep remembering how KH said, and how it bothered Jodi, that "he was really going to miss her". Then, she dies. :confused:

She probably did Meth before, maybe for years, but, JMO, meet up with KH and people seem to die. Was the ATV rollover to cover up the Meth overdose? Is anyone else here struggling to believe it was an overdose taken by Jodi? Wonder where the Meth came from. Sad. :(

Newkirk was reported to have died in a rollover ATV accident on the ranch two days before Christmas, 2021.

The autopsy report, however, listed Newkirk’s cause of death as “acute methamphetamine toxicity.” The 46-year-old was a long-time meth user, according to relatives.

Despite the finding of a meth overdose, the manner of death remained “undetermined” because there was “no evidence to determine if Newkirk administered the drugs to herself or if someone else administered it to her,” the autopsy report stated.

This isn't sitting right with me either. Why stage an ATV accident?

Do police have a way to check whether there was a life insurance policy on Jodi? I'm wondering if KH could have taken one out, possibly without her consent, on the basis that she was an employee.

Tuesday, December 20th:
*Probate Settlement Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found. DOB 7/6/54).
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties.
5/27/22: Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust.
Info on disappearance & probate court info 6/6/20 thru 10/26/22 reference post #436 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-22

11/1/22 Update: Notice of Ex Parte Application for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee. In the Matter of: Dia Kenshalo Abrams. Honorable John G. Evans, Judge J. Diaz, courtroom assistant & C. Johnson, court reporter. Appearances: Diana Fedder is present telephonically, represented by pro per Keith Harper is present in person, represented by pro per, Matthew R Owens is present telephonically, attorney representing Clinton Abrams, Crisara Abrams, also telephonically present. Other Appearance Notes: Richard Munro is telephonically present. Issues discussed in court. Hearing Continued to 11/16/22 at 10:00am Dept. PS3. Reason for Continuance: Keith Harper to retain counsel.
11/16/22 Update: David Vreeland Humphrey, Jr is present telephonically, representing Keith Harper. Other appearance notes: Courtney Sorensen, is present telephonically, representing Clinton Abrams & Crisara Abrams, who are also present telephonically. Richard Munro is present telephonically. Ex Parte Application is called for hearing. Issues discussed with the Court. Continuance requested by David Humphrey. Argument presented by Courtney Sorensen. Argument presented by David Humphrey. Court finds & orders: Court deems Ex Parte Application to be the noticed Motion for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee. Hearing re: Motion for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee set on 12/20/22 at 8:45am in Dept. PS3. Further Opposition to the Motion to be filed & served on or before 12/6/22. Reply to Opposition to be filed & served on or before 12/14/22.

Judge appoints legal guardian to represent missing woman, Dia Abrams​

Unfortunately I can not access this article. Can you give a 10% synopsis on this? So I can put something in my notes.

TIA!
Dancing Christmas Tree Smiley

Unfortunately I can not access this article. Can you give a 10% synopsis on this? So I can put something in my notes.

TIA!
Dancing Christmas Tree Smiley

“I'll do my best to appoint the guardian ad litem in the next two days,” said Judge [JE] during Tuesday morning's hearing...

The probate court battle appeared close to settlement in early August 2022 following mediation talks. All parties signed a settlement "term sheet" dated August 5. But [KH]'s attorney...died unexpectedly on August 31, before the parties could sign off on a final settlement agreement.

...[KH] hired a new attorney and then field papers in court opposing the settlement, arguing the term sheet was nothing more than “mere bullet points” and was unenforceable as a legal agreement.

On Tuesday, Judge [JE] disagreed.

“My tentative decision would be to enter a judgment on the term agreement,”...

The ruling was “tentative” because the settlement agreement must now be reviewed by the new guardian ad litem appointed to represent Abrams.

www.cbs8.com/article/news/investigations/judge-appoints-legal-guardian-to-represent-missing-idyllwild-woman-dia-abrams/509-03d3f26f-d47a-4abf-8513-1b729c11cb2a

This isn't sitting right with me either. Why stage an ATV accident?

Do police have a way to check whether there was a life insurance policy on Jodi? I'm wondering if KH could have taken one out, possibly without her consent, on the basis that she was an employee.
I think KH harmed both women, maybe for different reasons but it sounds like they were both romantically connected to him and it would be a coincidence to say the least that both are now gone..MOO

@jash - any updates on when the Judge will decide. Is there no name mentioned yet on the Ad Litem appointed for Lydia?

TIA! and
Red Merry Christmas Smiley

to you - and everyone else reading here!
Multicolored Christmas Lights Blinking Smiley

@jash - any updates on when the Judge will decide. Is there no name mentioned yet on the Ad Litem appointed for Lydia?

TIA! and
Red Merry Christmas Smiley

to you - and everyone else reading here!
Multicolored Christmas Lights Blinking Smiley

Nothing that I can find. Hopefully @tvscum will come through for us yet again!

Merry Christmas to you too!

All matters related to this case, petitions, settlement dispute, etc., continued to March 23, 8:45am so the new guardian ad litem can get up to speed.

Thank you! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back