Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to think he killed the girl very rashly to be honest. The murder doesn't seem planned at all because if it was, it was very poorly executed. He may have been "laying in wait" for her as in he knew she always came out to play at a certain time during the week, and so he waited there for her to appear. But maybe not "laying in wait" as in planned to kill her.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

IMO AJ had planned abduction and murder. I think he was lying in wait, watching for a victim, MM or another little girl. He had a short IG video of him taking a Haagen Dazs ice cream from his freezer. Did anyone else see it and recall the date and time? IIRC it was that day or the day before she went missing he put the video on his IG. I suspect he used that as his lure, went outside while eating it and offered one to MM and when she accepted his offer, he invited her to his apartment. I also suspect his suicide posts were tactics as an excuse hoping the system will go light on his sentence when he was caught, another indication of planning. I also believe he knew he would get caught. How could he not have known it was just a matter of time. With the surveillance cameras on the property. LE have retrieved surveillance of him visiting the recycle bin a couple of times. It won't surprise me if he recorded his attack on MM.

Does anyone know where in the complex his apartment was located? Would he have been able to see MM playing outside on her scooter from his apartment? I thought I read his apartment was right above the area where MM was playing. He was watching for his victim. Glad to find out he is going to be tried as an adult and looking at a life sentence with no possibility of parole. ALL MOO.

“A source close to the investigation told The Chronicle that the teenager lured the girl to his apartment by offering her some ice cream and that he attacked her from behind as she was serving herself,”

According to local media, Gonzalez’s Instagram account — disabled Wednesday morning after a flood of threats — revealed suicidal impulses.

“The boy was caught on surveillance video dumping the body at the bin and then twice visiting the spot after officers arrived to look for Madyson,” the newspaper reported. “The boy repeatedly asked police if they were making any progress in the case, the source said.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-death-with-ice-cream-according-to-report/

Adrian Jerry Gonzalez lured 8-year-old Madyson Jordan Middleton into his Santa Cruz apartment, raped and killed her, and put her body in a box, investigators said.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/watch-live-santa-cruz-district-attorney-press-conference/34421658

The same hands that could make such beautiful music....killed an innocent, tiny girl. If this timing is, in fact, true, then AG is nothing but a cold, calculated, sociopath.

No remorse. No empathy. No anxiousness.

Calm, steady, musical hands. It's almost like I can hear his Hannibal Lector voice calling, "Clarice......Clariiiice."

Whoa! Your last sentence about Hannibal Lector gives me chills. Ditto. xoxo

Marc Klaas will be on my True Crime Radio show tonight 8 PM Eastern.

Chat room opens at 7:30 PM Eastern CLICK HERE TO JOIN CHAT TONIGHT

To listen to the show live (every Thursday night) go to www.truecrimeradio.com and at a couple minutes past
8 PM Eastern click on the blue "Listen Now" at the top of the page to hear the show live on iHeartradio.com

Marc will discuss this case and all that happen in this case that should NEVER
happened.

Plus LisaB will join us to discuss her ex-husband's parole hearing today.

Plus Paul Sanders will discuss his in-depth awesome book about the Jodi Arias trial, "Why Not Kill Her".

Remember here is what you do to listen:

To listen to the show live
(every Thursday night) go to www.truecrimeradio.com and at a couple minutes past
8 PM Eastern click on the blue "Listen Now" at the top of the page to hear the show live on iHeartradio.com

As we mourn for the mother who lost her son. Remember this: the Sandy Hook CT teen was brutally murdered a classroom of students and teachers...also murdered his own mother.

...still weeping today about all of this.

It's a huge gap from considering suicide ( to kill yourself) to killing this precious little girl the way he did.

How does a kid keep so much rage and anger inside of himself without anyone knowing? Seems his friend Katie and her Mom saw something.

I have a question. Why would Katie's mom urge the teen to go to therapy? Why wouldn't she immediately contact this guy's mother and discuss her concerns.

I'm going to have to rewatch Donnie Darko. I saw it several times but it's been a while. Great movie but I'm an adult.

If my book and movie collection was ever viewed by strangers...actually that reminds me. When my boyfriend and I moved in together his friend helped us move. Apparently he asked my boyfriend what my deal was because I have so many books about Karla Homolka.

Anyway I know we're all just trying to make sense of the unbelievable. It's so horrifying! And so much more than just stremming from one issue. The term "perfect storm" keeps coming to mind.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I let my daughter watch it when she was about 15, but she's always been into dark, weird films. She begged me to watch Edward Scissorhands when she was younger, she loves Sin City, and when she was 17 we had to watch Eraserhead. I think you're right, flourish, it's a perfect storm. I don't think movies have anything to do with it unless they're part of a much larger picture.

And imo so much depends on the kid and the parents, and nothing in this case makes any sense. Fifteen years old!! And he did some gruesome, disturbing stuff. Horrific crimes even if they'd come from a 30yo hardened criminal.

Short OT: Don't even get me started on Paul and Karla. I live very near where Paul's journey began. I was obsessed for awhile.

So true. Unfortunately, mistakes get made. Arthur Shawcross was released after assaulting and killing two children. Rehabilitated? Hardly. He went on to commit a string of murders. before he was finally caught, hanging around the site where a woman's body was discovered.

Joseph Duncan, similar thing. Criminal history started at 15, was released, killed people and abducted children.

Okay. This is terrible but it did make me smile despite the horror of this case (which is not funny at all). Someone posted a comment to the Washington post article about this case stating that Gonzalez should be dressed up like a panda bear and put in the front yard of the Minnesota dentist (the guy who hunted a tame lion, shot it badly and then after 40 hours of suffering, finally killed it). http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-death-with-ice-cream-according-to-report/

Joseph Duncan, similar thing. Criminal history started at 15, was released, killed people and abducted children.

Duncan was not paroled after a murder though and what happened with Shawcross will never happen here. We've learned too much culturally since the 80's.

DA NOT seeking life without parole!
Check out @AzenithKTVU's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AzenithKTVU/status/626781666476888064?s=09

Wow, color me shocked. I'd rather they charge highest possible and give option(s) of lessor punishment if jury trial. Maybe a plea deal is in the works, I do not get it. Even if they want a mental eval, IIRC, AG showed he understood right from wrong when he attempted to flee area once LE got close to recycle dumpster.

I let my daughter watch it when she was about 15, but she's always been into dark, weird films. She begged me to watch Edward Scissorhands when she was younger, she loves Sin City, and when she was 17 we had to watch Eraserhead. I think you're right, flourish, it's a perfect storm. I don't think movies have anything to do with it unless they're part of a much larger picture.

And imo so much depends on the kid and the parents, and nothing in this case makes any sense. Fifteen years old!! And he did some gruesome, disturbing stuff. Horrific crimes even if they'd come from a 30yo hardened criminal.

Short OT: Don't even get me started on Paul and Karla. I live very near where Paul's journey began. I was obsessed for awhile.
We like spooky stuff.... just not sex, nudity, vulgarity.

OT: Have you watched the thriller "Mama?" One of my kids' favorite thrillers.

True. The friend said they were 'sometimes volatile.' I think most homes are sometimes volatile when there are teens living there though. I would be curious what she meant, exactly. When my son was 15 he pretty much hated us, was only concerned with his friends, and locked himself in his room, only coming out to eat because we forced him to. At 27, he is a very sweet, well-adjusted family man himself.

Yes, I am curious as well.
I recognize that attitude, although mine was female! There was tension at times in our home but it never escalated to what I would call volatile. I hope I always treated my children (and hubby) respectfully even through the discord. Often I had to "remove" myself to the sanctuary of my bath to achieve that, though.

I have a question. Why would Katie's mom urge the teen to go to therapy? Why wouldn't she immediately contact this guy's mother and discuss her concerns.

Probably didn't want to get involved? Looked out for her daughter's concerns only, so had her daughter cease being his friend? I don't find this surprising.

I may have missed this in the discussion, but the documents continually say the "tying or binding of the victim." Does anybody know of any legal nuances that distinguishes "tying" from "binding?"

I am curious if this is something that this Prosecuting office does, or if there is an actual legal reason for this description.

Even though it appears he'll be charged as an adult, will he possibly get "Life W/Parole" ??????
Makes me want to scream and puke, although not necessarily in that order. :stormingmad:

Seriously, who would want that guy living next to them, even when he's 30, 50, or even 70 ? And what if those people, whose neighborhood he might decide to live in, have daughters or granddaughters ?
Is it possible the public could be warned ?
So many questions.

Many of you may remember what happened to Megan Kanka (sp?) ; and who was put into her neighborhood.
Not sure if this is accurate, but I thought I'd read that her killer was housed elsewhere before her murder--- and that previous neighborhood found out about him and raised a ruckus ?

:moo:

I don't think we can infer from this quote that the girl's mother did not also contact AJG's mother and do just that. The girl may not be aware of everything that happened several years before between the adults in the lives of these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member