CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detectives have not revealed the exact time of the shooting, but were summoned to the campground at 4:44 a.m. June 22, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

'No Evidence' Linking Campground Shooting to Other Crimes

The wording here is interesting. It allows for the possibility of him being killed much earlier than the 911 call. Which opens many other possibilities. The 911 call holds a lot of answers.

<mod added link to quote>

Last edited by a moderator:
If LE can not link with the previous incidents in the area then the plot thickens, jmo

True. But who says they can't? It seems they're investigating everything, including the prior shootings. They won't even give any detail about those previous shootings. Sounds like they're taking a possible connection seriously.

This investigation may take a while no matter what the ultimate determination is - whether he was expressly targeted or not.

Besides the personal accident/suicide theories (as no gun was found in the tent), it appears it's all up for grabs.

Detectives have not revealed the exact time of the shooting, but were summoned to the campground at 4:44 a.m. June 22, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The wording here is interesting. It allows for the possibility of him being killed much earlier than the 911 call. Which opens many other possibilities. The 911 call holds a lot of answers.

I am interested in hearing it. Did LE state they would not release it due to the investigation?

Any info on the flyer being handed out?

To be honest, I don't put much stock in that paper. It's one person running that paper and I saw her attack a reader on her Facebook page. I think it's a publication with an agenda rather than MSM.

We were also supposed to have a "very detailed" description of the suspect. She also claims she is sitting on a ton of information that she can't release until the police give her the word. I don't buy any of it.

I have not seen anything yet and its after 630 here on the west coast. So I do not think its going to happen tonight.

I read on the Malibu FB that they are trying to get one of their people to obtain one of the flyers. I am betting they will get ahold of one eventually and put the information from the flyer right on their FB link.

I really like that local news site. They are genuinely concerned about peoples safety and are doing all they can from their end. The twitter link they have is where they seem to update first and then FB and ultimately she said she will have a detailed article on the main site summarizing all the shootings they are aware of.

The Local Malibu (@thelocalmalibu) | Twitter

The Local Malibu

News Archives - The Local Malibu

To be honest, I don't put much stock in that paper. It's one person running that paper and I saw her attack a reader on her Facebook page. I think it's a publication with an agenda rather than MSM.

We were also supposed to have a "very detailed" description of the suspect. She also claims she is sitting on a ton of information that she can't release until the police give her the word. I don't buy any of it.

LOL I got a different reaction to it but I agree its a small outfit. Time will tell if they will pull through for us.

Reading down through the FB for all articles about the shooting there is quite a bit of articles on it so it seems they are trying to get the word out. She did have national news interviews as well I noticed.

We mentioned before that LE should invest in a whole bunch of Hunting Trail Cams and set them up all over the place. That way if any other shootings occur then at least they should get some photos of vehicles moving in and out of the area as well as people moving about.

Those cameras are getting really good these days and have night capability and motion detection. Price has come way down.

Would also install some real video security cameras at all entrances and exits so that anyone coming in and out by vehicle is captured. Aimed at license plate area and to be sure to get good video of type of vehicle.

Would need a lot of cams but would be worth it.

Perhaps they did indeed have a video cam at the entrance/exit, and it's not public information. They may also have had one in the restrooms.

Maybe that's why no one "heard" a shot: witnesses were thinking it was around 4 am. They may not have scoured their brains for what they heard earlier in the night.

Yes. Immediately jumping on a headline and insisting it meant we needed to move away from a connection to all those shootings. But it's just an expression.

I wouldn't call that "flipping out", more like making the mistake of posting something before thoroughly reading. I'm guessing a few of us have done that before. I'll be more careful in the future. My apologies for ruffling feathers. Posters have already posted and pointed out my error. So, duly noted. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member