GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

I don't know. I posted earlier about a "socialite" who killed my friend. I believe that she was impaired. But, she immediately got a lawyer, and went a different route, she took a plea deal, no jail, no prison.

She did not drive off though, and took responsibility, which, I suppose shows some character. Although, she blamed the road, sun, every thing else.

So, if RG had taken responsibility, I think that she probably would have had to go to jail or prison. The evidence of her drinking immediately prior to the crash wasn't going to go away. I think a demonstration of contrition would have gone a long way in reducing her sentence though.

The absolute denial, is off putting. Two children are dead. She has still not admitted her responsibility in this tragedy. It has just been denial, blame, and avoidance.

I read her letter, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me. She says she is "sorry", but at the same time, goes on about herself. And her religion, which seems extremely self serving to me.

RG goes around and around, but not one time does she actually take responsibility for driving too fast, driving after drinking, hitting two bodies, and keep going. Not once. Letter fail.
I’m very sorry for your loss.

I agree taking responsibility early on could have resulted in a lighter sentence. Instead, she’s dragged this out and made it harder on everyone involved.

I think the letter to the Iskander family is harassment. RG is such a toxic person. She has no shame.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I agree taking responsibility early on could have resulted in a lighter sentence. Instead, she’s dragged this out and made it harder on everyone involved.

I think the letter to the Iskander family is harassment. RG is such a toxic person. She has no shame.

I agree.

She cannot fake contrition or kindness. It all comes across as harassment.

Really makes you wonder what she was doing with the Burn Foundation other than assuring their foundation was making money and making herself look like a great humanitarian, when it was all a fame and visibility game for her.

@ElizB Thank you, it was many years ago, which is part of why I am so passionate about volunteering at Triathlons, marathons, so that the bikers and runners are safe on the course.

We were college friends, I can't imagine the pain her family feels though, same as the Iskander family. RG going to prison isn't going to change anything, but at least it will be some justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander.

This case also serves as a reminder for all of us, that driving a five ton vehicle around, isn't a game. It really is a heavy responsibility to ensure that you are following rules, driving with caution and care. Letting places be safe for pedestrians as well as other drivers.

RG didn't do any of that.

VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (CNS) -- Prosecutors are asking a judge to impose the maximum 34-year-to-life term on Rebecca Grossman for a crash that killed two young boys in Westlake Village, while defense attorneys are urging a sentence of either probation or the lower state prison term of just over 12 years for the co- founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation.

I agree.

She cannot fake contrition or kindness. It all comes across as harassment.

Really makes you wonder what she was doing with the Burn Foundation other than assuring their foundation was making money and making herself look like a great humanitarian, when it was all a fame and visibility game for her.

What is this about her letter.....
Sent to the family?
Harassing?

This article is an interesting read. What will the judge decide? Two consecutive sentences for murder? RG was convicted of "2nd degree murder", so that is at least 15 years.

I don't see how the judge can change that. The article states that the judge can "suspend" the murder sentences. Seriously?! Then why bother with a jury? And a trial? When a judge can just ignore it, and do whatever?!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM
Back