Found Safe CA - Matthew Munoz, 22, Westfield Santa Anita Mall, Arcadia, 11 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rainynights

Reaction score
Missing Person: Matthew Munoz, 22yrs, male, Hispanic, see web msg for pic. from Arcadia Police Department : Nixle

Matthew Munoz
Hispanic male, 22 years old
Black Hair, Mustache and Beard, Brown Eyes
5’9”, 160 lbs.

Munoz was last seen at the Westfield Santa Anita Mall, 400 S. Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, in the late afternoon. Munoz walked away from a family member and has not been seen since. Munoz is a non-dependent adult who experiences short episodes where he acts “child like” and then reverts back to a normal state of mind.

Munoz was last seen wearing a green shirt, grey shorts, long white socks, and black Nike shoes. He has stretched earlobes from wearing plugs and a “Dodgers” tattoo on his right forearm.

He has no cell phone or money and frequents the mall, LA Fitness, and the County Park in Arcadia. He has not been known to wander in the past.

Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to contact the Arcadia Police Department at (626) 574-5156, Case # 18-5783. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), use your smartphone by downloading the “P3 Tips” Mobile APP on Google play or the Apple App Store, or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.

user2542-1545177095-media1.jpeg

Arcadia Police Department (CA)

Arcadia PD on Twitter

"Munoz is a non-dependent adult who experiences short episodes where he acts “child like” and then reverts back to a normal state of mind."

I wonder what disorder this is? Not one I am familiar with.
Agree. I’ve never heard of a non-dependent adult either. I’m always learning new things on WS...

Update Missing Person: Matthew Munoz, 22yrs, male, Hispanic, see web msg for pic, seen in Alhambra ... from Arcadia Police Department : Nixle

Missing Person:

Matthew Munoz
5’9”, 160 lbs.

UPDATE (12/19/18 - 5:00 pm): Additional photo has been added, taken in Alhambra on 12/17/18 by a resident. The Munoz family has confirmed the photo is of the Missing Person, Matthew Munoz. He is believed to still be in the greater San Gabriel Valley area.

user2542-1545275038-media1.jpeg

Arcadia PD on Twitter

Missing Baldwin Park man spotted in Alhambra – San Gabriel Valley Tribune

NWS_1218-SGT-L-MISSI-16x9.jpg

Matthew Munoz walked away from his family as they entered the restrooms at the Westfield Santa Anita mall in Arcadia on Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 4 p.m., the Arcadia Police Department said in a statement.

“Munoz was seen walking alone in the mall parking lot towards Baldwin Avenue,” police said. “Munoz experiences frequent headaches as a result of a head injury sustained several years ago, and has episodes where he acts ‘child-like’ and then reverts back to a normal state of mind.”

[...]

On Wednesday, the Arcadia Police Department received a tip that a suspicious man was in an Alhambra neighborhood on Monday.

“The resident later compared the photos of the suspicious man to the photos on the missing persons press release and thought they looked similar,” police said in a press release on Wednesday.

Police said detectives showed the new photos to Munoz’s family, who then confirmed that Matthew was the person in the photos.

“It is believed Matthew is wearing the same clothing as seen in the photos, and is still in the greater San Gabriel Valley area,” officials said.

SGT-L-BRF-MISSING-12-16x9.jpg

Update Missing Person: Matthew Munoz, 22yrs, male, Hispanic, see web msg for pic, seen in Alhambra ... from Arcadia Police Department : Nixle

Missing Person:

Matthew Munoz
5’9”, 160 lbs.

UPDATE (12/19/18 - 5:00 pm): Additional photo has been added, taken in Alhambra on 12/17/18 by a resident. The Munoz family has confirmed the photo is of the Missing Person, Matthew Munoz. He is believed to still be in the greater San Gabriel Valley area.

View attachment 160820

Arcadia PD on Twitter
Well I would say this pic is nothing like the originals that came out.

The pic looks way different than the original pics released. He looks older, less baby faced. This reminds me of the news reporter chick who was missing and found confused under an overpass I think. I hope he’s okay. Such a handsome friendly face..

"Munoz is a non-dependent adult who experiences short episodes where he acts “child like” and then reverts back to a normal state of mind."

I wonder what disorder this is? Not one I am familiar with.
The childlike behavior can be a symptom of schizoaffective disorder:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders , DSM-IV-TR , produced by the American Psychiatric Association, is used by most mental health professionals in North America and Europe to diagnose mental disorders. The DSM-IV-TR provides these major criteria for schizoaffective disorder:

• • At least two symptoms of psychosis from among the following, present for at least one month: Delusions; hallucinations; disorganized speech (strange, peculiar, difficult to comprehend); disorganized (bizarre or child-like) behavior; catatonic behavior; minimal speech (approaching mutism); lack of drive to act on one's own behalf; a wooden quality to one's emotions, or near-absent emotionality.

Read more: Schizoaffective disorder - causes, DSM, therapy, adults, drug, examples, person, people

Found safe

Matthew Muñoz, who was listed as a critical missing person, came in contact with Santa Barbara Police Department officers on Friday morning, after committing a “minor municipal code infraction,” said Santa Barbara police Sgt. Chris Payne. Since Muñoz did not have any form of identification, officers ran his fingerprints and determined he was a missing person out of Arcadia.

The Arcadia Police Department was notified and a family member arrived in the afternoon to pick up Muñoz. Payne said that given the circumstances, the department decided not to pursue charges related to the code infraction. He declined to release the nature of the infraction. Payne said Muñoz had appeared to be living on the street when he was found.

Missing Baldwin Park man was found unharmed in Santa Barbara – San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back