CA - Maurice Taylor Jr, 12 & Maliaka Taylor, 13, decapitated, Lancaster, Dec 2020 *parents arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LaborDayRN

Reaction score
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after two of his children, a 12-year-boy and 13-year-old girl, were found decapitated at a Lancaster home, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Firefighters arrived at the single-story house in the 45000 block of Century Circle shortly after 7:30 a.m. Friday and discovered the bodies, according to LASD.

The firefighters had initially responded to a report of a possible gas leak there. Sheriff's deputies were immediately summoned to the scene, where homicide detectives "learned that the deceased male and female both appeared to be suffering from lacerations and stab wounds," a news release said.

Lancaster: Father arrested after his children, ages 12 and 13, found decapitated in home

:(

LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A father has been arrested on suspicion of murder after two of his children, a 12-year-boy and 13-year-old girl, were found decapitated at a Lancaster home, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Firefighters arrived at the single-story house in the 45000 block of Century Circle shortly after 7:30 a.m. Friday and discovered the bodies, according to LASD.

The firefighters had initially responded to a report of a possible gas leak there. Sheriff's deputies were immediately summoned to the scene, where homicide detectives "learned that the deceased male and female both appeared to be suffering from lacerations and stab wounds," a news release said.

Lancaster: Father arrested after his children, ages 12 and 13, found decapitated in home

:(
Snipped from the link
According to authorities, investigators were questioning a man, a woman and two other children who were also at the home.

LASD later announced Maurice Taylor Sr., 34, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held in lieu of $2 million bail.
—-
What the heck happened at this home ??

Snipped from the link
According to authorities, investigators were questioning a man, a woman and two other children who were also at the home.

LASD later announced Maurice Taylor Sr., 34, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held in lieu of $2 million bail.
—-
What the heck happened at this home ??
It's horrific! Those poor children!

Father arrested after 2 children found slain in Lancaster home | KTLA
Video at link with interviews. It was originally reported as a possible gas leak because a neighbor smelled a noxious odor and assumed it was gas. I wish with all my heart it had been gas but I'm afraid we now know it was decomp. :(

What? Gas smell for days! Decomposition. How long had they been dead? If the neighbour could smell it, how bad was it in the actual house?

Looks like the woman(mother?) Was taken to hospital with breathing problems.
I wonder if he was keeping the rest of the family hostage in the house. JMOO

A California personal trainer dad, 34, has been arrested for allegedly decapitating his daughter, 13, and son, 12, after cops made the grim discovery when the man's clients grew concerned and reported a possible gas leak at his home.

Maurice Taylor Sr. was arrested Friday on suspicion of the murder of his two teenage children whose bodies were found inside the family home on the 45000 block of Century Circle, Lancaster, earlier that morning, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Howard Kern, an attorney and writer who has taken personal training sessions with Taylor for about seven years, told the LA Times he called the fire department at 7:34 a.m. Friday morning as he and some of Taylor's other clients grew increasingly concerned about the family's welfare.

'I said, 'I'm concerned'. We are concerned about a possible gas leak. There are four children and two adults - and we are concerned about their safety,' he told the outlet.

Another client told the Times she had contacted the Sheriff's Department Tuesday when Taylor failed to show for a session over Zoom.

She said she knew something was wrong when he didn't send a Zoom link for a session and then didn't show up at the allotted time.

The client, who spoke anonymously, said she and other clients tried and failed to contact him and started contacting each other voicing concerns that something had happened.

'I knew they weren't out of town. They didn't have money to travel,' she said.

'We were afraid of carbon monoxide poisoning, or they were all dead from falling asleep.'

She described Taylor as 'so reliable, so responsive' and 'mellow'.
Taylor was a personal trainer at a Santa Monica physical therapy and fitness center but was now holding sessions over Zoom due to the pandemic.

Kern told the Times he worried that Taylor 'was living under a tremendous amount of pressure' having lived and worked on his own since he was 18 and being in a marriage Kern described as 'contentious'.

The client said he would often hear Kern on the phone to his wife at the gym and hear 'her yelling at him'.

'He'd be very apologetic and she'd be yelling at him,' said Kern.

He described him as the 'nicest person that you know, then multiply that by five'.

'He worked so hard to support himself. Unfortunately, we don't know enough to say what happened or what didn't happen.'

Personal trainer dad, 34, is arrested for 'decapitating his daughter, 13, and son, 12' | Daily Mail Online

Well, I guess they didn't know him very well after all...............

What? Gas smell for days! Decomposition. How long had they been dead? If the neighbour could smell it, how bad was it in the actual house?

Looks like the woman(mother?) Was taken to hospital with breathing problems.
I wonder if he was keeping the rest of the family hostage in the house. JMOO

BBM: I imagine you may be right.

A California personal trainer dad, 34, has been arrested for allegedly decapitating his daughter, 13, and son, 12, after cops made the grim discovery when the man's clients grew concerned and reported a possible gas leak at his home.

Maurice Taylor Sr. was arrested Friday on suspicion of the murder of his two teenage children whose bodies were found inside the family home on the 45000 block of Century Circle, Lancaster, earlier that morning, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Howard Kern, an attorney and writer who has taken personal training sessions with Taylor for about seven years, told the LA Times he called the fire department at 7:34 a.m. Friday morning as he and some of Taylor's other clients grew increasingly concerned about the family's welfare.

'I said, 'I'm concerned'. We are concerned about a possible gas leak. There are four children and two adults - and we are concerned about their safety,' he told the outlet.

Another client told the Times she had contacted the Sheriff's Department Tuesday when Taylor failed to show for a session over Zoom.

She said she knew something was wrong when he didn't send a Zoom link for a session and then didn't show up at the allotted time.

The client, who spoke anonymously, said she and other clients tried and failed to contact him and started contacting each other voicing concerns that something had happened.

'I knew they weren't out of town. They didn't have money to travel,' she said.

'We were afraid of carbon monoxide poisoning, or they were all dead from falling asleep.'

She described Taylor as 'so reliable, so responsive' and 'mellow'.
Taylor was a personal trainer at a Santa Monica physical therapy and fitness center but was now holding sessions over Zoom due to the pandemic.

Kern told the Times he worried that Taylor 'was living under a tremendous amount of pressure' having lived and worked on his own since he was 18 and being in a marriage Kern described as 'contentious'.

The client said he would often hear Kern on the phone to his wife at the gym and hear 'her yelling at him'.

'He'd be very apologetic and she'd be yelling at him,' said Kern.

He described him as the 'nicest person that you know, then multiply that by five'.

'He worked so hard to support himself. Unfortunately, we don't know enough to say what happened or what didn't happen.'

Personal trainer dad, 34, is arrested for 'decapitating his daughter, 13, and son, 12' | Daily Mail Online

Well, I guess they didn't know him very well after all...............

Is LE sure he did it? He was said to be dependable, mellow, etc. He could have just lost it and decided to kill 'em all.

We definitely need to know more about his wife. Why didn't she call -- or was she too injured to do it -- or no phone, etc., etc. I wonder how much more info we will find out about this one.

Another horror x 2.

Is LE sure he did it? He was said to be dependable, mellow, etc. He could have just lost it and decided to kill 'em all.

We definitely need to know more about his wife. Why didn't she call -- or was she too injured to do it -- or no phone, etc., etc. I wonder how much more info we will find out about this one.

Another horror x 2.
It's being covered on all the southern CA news stations. I suppose when someone is actually charged with the murders we will hear more of the details.

Two young people found decapitated in Lancaster home; father arrested, officials say

L.A. County fire personnel, responding to reports of a possible gas leak, found two siblings, ages 12 and 13, inside a Lancaster home on Friday, authorities say.
(Los Angeles Times)

''Maurice Taylor Sr., 34, is being held in lieu of $2-million bond, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officials who are investigating the crime.''

Other neighbors spend time outside or greet one another from time to time. This family was eerily silent, he said.

”I remember that house just seemed weird anytime I was there,” he said. “I never saw anybody come out of that house. It almost seemed like the windows were all blacked out.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back