CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
I didn't know there were FB comments by the admins from the missing FB pages for Maya ?
But thanks for clarifying.
Poor Maya... Where is she ???
Hoping for a break soon.
LE do not seem to be looking outward at all. :(
I WISH the husband would cooperate with LE if only in order to clear himself !
If I was this person, I'd be front and center cooperating and holding pressers and basically bothering the heck out of LE, by begging them for updates and any leads.
Not to mention out searching.

Finding Maya should be the only thing that matters --- not what anyone is saying or thinking about her husband.
Imo.

I disagree that just because LE is not providing updates that they are not looking outward or working on MM's case.

There's so much at stake with this missing mother. The estranged spouse is not cooperating with investigators or his wife's family members but has 24/7 custody of the couple's minor children since their mother vanished from her home. The safety and welfare of the children must be paramount -- as well as the integrity of the investigation.

Most recently, a PI announced he was going to be working on this case pro-bono, and he would be reporting to LE. It was later reported that LE requested that the PI not interview neighbors because the Chula Vista PD did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

When LE does not request the public's assistance and/or release updates, there's a reason for that. This investigation might easily end up a no-body homicide investigation. I'm reminded how 8 years after Kelsie Schelling disappeared from meeting up with her boyfriend, vanishing without a trace -- leaving only her vehicle behind, her killer's AWA remained sealed. He was finally convicted for her murder last Monday-- with only circumstantial evidence, and an untainted jury pool.

There's apparently no evidence that the public is in danger. Always a reminder that LE does not owe the wanting public any updates. MOO

"We had (a P.I.) but it didn’t really work out because there was really no information that he could have brought forward because the Chula Vista Police Department was keeping everything hush-hush. For now, they don’t want to jeopardize anything," Richard Drouaillet, Millete’s brother-in-law, told Fox News.

California missing mother's family no longer has P.I. because police don't want case ‘jeopardized’

More from the article:

He said he believed his wife may have left for some alone time the next day, when he was at work, before returning to their bedroom. Drouaillet, however, said the couple both took Friday off work to go to Big Bear.

We had plans and she had been looking forward to the trip,” she added, saying that days earlier May had been asking everyone to order their snowboarding lift pass so they’d be ready when they got to the California resort town.”

So, LM was supposed to be going on the Big Bear trip, too. Maya likely purchased lift passes for her family already, since she was urging other family to get theirs, so I’ll bet she ordered one for LM too.

A Cali Mom Vanished Months Ago. Her Husband Has Gone Silent.

I disagree that just because LE is not providing updates that they are not looking outward or working on MM's case.

There's so much at stake with this missing mother. The estranged spouse is not cooperating with investigators or his wife's family members but has 24/7 custody of the couple's minor children since their mother vanished from her home. The safety and welfare of the children must be paramount -- as well as the integrity of the investigation.

Most recently, a PI announced he was going to be working on this case pro-bono, and he would be reporting to LE. It was later reported that LE requested that the PI not interview neighbors because the Chula Vista PD did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

When LE does not request the public's assistance and/or release updates, there's a reason for that. This investigation might easily end up a no-body homicide investigation. I'm reminded how 8 years after Kelsie Schelling disappeared from meeting up with her boyfriend, vanishing without a trace -- leaving only her vehicle behind, her killer's AWA remained sealed. He was finally convicted for her murder last Monday-- with only circumstantial evidence, and an untainted jury pool.

There's apparently no evidence that the public is in danger. Always a reminder that LE does not owe the wanting public any updates. MOO

"We had (a P.I.) but it didn’t really work out because there was really no information that he could have brought forward because the Chula Vista Police Department was keeping everything hush-hush. For now, they don’t want to jeopardize anything," Richard Drouaillet, Millete’s brother-in-law, told Fox News.

California missing mother's family no longer has P.I. because police don't want case ‘jeopardized’
bbm
Great post as always, Seattle1 ! ^^^

Re. the Lavender bolded : I should have clarified, I personally think that LE don't seem to be looking outward but they may very well be.
And I do think they're working diligently on Maya's case.
Sorry if my post made it seem like LE were not doing their due diligence.
They want to find Maya and to procure justice if need be !

Re. the Green bolded : This is why I feel like LE aren't worried about a stranger abduction or that Maya left the house voluntarily and fell into harm.
Which again makes me think that LE keep circling back to something occurring at the home or near it.
And of course they wouldn't be obligated to say anything that might jeopardize the investigation.

As far as updates, when I commented that I'd be pestering LE for updates I meant exactly that.
There was an old case on 20/20 I think, where the other of the victim didn't know much at all until it was revealed at the trial.
She couldn't be told as LE had their sights on the perp and had to keep everything concealed even from the victims' family.

The silence of LE in Maya's case makes me hope that they are pursuing valuable leads even as we speak.
MOO

More from the article:

He said he believed his wife may have left for some alone time the next day, when he was at work, before returning to their bedroom. Drouaillet, however, said the couple both took Friday off work to go to Big Bear.

We had plans and she had been looking forward to the trip,” she added, saying that days earlier May had been asking everyone to order their snowboarding lift pass so they’d be ready when they got to the California resort town.”

So, LM was supposed to be going on the Big Bear trip, too. Maya likely purchased lift passes for her family already, since she was urging other family to get theirs, so I’ll bet she ordered one for LM too.

A Cali Mom Vanished Months Ago. Her Husband Has Gone Silent.
Such a tragedy. I think Police know that MM did not disappear voluntarily and that MM is not ever going to return home.

Observation is so time-consuming and frustrating yet very crucial for LE.

However, there's never been any question that MM is loved, cherished, and supported, and her remarkable family doing all they can to keep the focus on the victim. This is extremely powerful medicine to a killer that craves and needs attention like most need air to breathe.

MOO

Great post/thoughts! I’m worried about the children as well, and of course terrified for MM. IMO

bbm
Great post as always, Seattle1 ! ^^^

Re. the Lavender bolded : I should have clarified, I personally think that LE don't seem to be looking outward but they may very well be.
And I do think they're working diligently on Maya's case.
Sorry if my post made it seem like LE were not doing their due diligence.
They want to find Maya and to procure justice if need be !

Re. the Green bolded : This is why I feel like LE aren't worried about a stranger abduction or that Maya left the house voluntarily and fell into harm.
Which again makes me think that LE keep circling back to something occurring at the home or near it.
And of course they wouldn't be obligated to say anything that might jeopardize the investigation.

As far as updates, when I commented that I'd be pestering LE for updates I meant exactly that.
There was an old case on 20/20 I think, where the other of the victim didn't know much at all until it was revealed at the trial.
She couldn't be told as LE had their sights on the perp and had to keep everything concealed even from the victims' family.

The silence of LE in Maya's case makes me hope that they are pursuing valuable leads even as we speak.
MOO
and the community searches arent rescues anymore, but recover .. sadly. :(

MOO

I don’t think it’s normal to not move a finger to find the mother of your children, no matter how embarrassed one might feel. Yikes.

What bothers me is that he seems to be more concerned about public opinion or what the media is saying about him rather than finding his wife. I understand that some people are very private or introverted and that's completely understandable. But if you're innocent, the best way to prove that is to be willing to help. Completely shutting out the family and LE, the people who are trying their hardest to find Maya, is not going to help anyone. Maya is still missing and it's never too late to start helping. He doesn't have to even leave his house. He's been married to her for 21 years and giving information, no matter how small, could be the key to finding her. Or he could at least show his support to the searchers and her family. I will continue to feel that Larry's behavior is abhorrent until he does something to help. If that time does come, maybe I'll look at him differently. But until then, I'll continue to speculate about his involvement with his wife's disappearance.

Armature opinion and speculation.

What bothers me is that he seems to be more concerned about public opinion or what the media is saying about him rather than finding his wife. I understand that some people are very private or introverted and that's completely understandable. But if you're innocent, the best way to prove that is to be willing to help. Completely shutting out the family and LE, the people who are trying their hardest to find Maya, is not going to help anyone. Maya is still missing and it's never too late to start helping. He doesn't have to even leave his house. He's been married to her for 21 years and giving information, no matter how small, could be the key to finding her. Or he could at least show his support to the searchers and her family. I will continue to feel that Larry's behavior is abhorrent until he does something to help. If that time does come, maybe I'll look at him differently. But until then, I'll continue to speculate about his involvement with his wife's disappearance.

Armature opinion and speculation.
There is a lot to be bothered about in this case, that is for certain. I agree it is vey difficult not to look at the husband with suspicion, and he hasn't done anything to improve the public's perception. Quite the opposite.

From the armchair spectator position, it would seem as if this couple had decompensated to a place of complete contempt for each other, and their marriage had become a battleground, or an icy standoff. It would also seem as if something came to a head, as one of them (unclear who) had/was going to schedule an appointment with a divorce lawyer?

Then of course we have the Friday jaunt to the beach using his wife's sedan that had a trunk. A trunk conceals visibility of its cargo. Another point hard to reconcile.

All this being said, I still remain open minded. We don't know if there was a third party involved in this sad situation, who took matters in to their own hands, or who didn't respond well to some demand. This can not be ruled out just yet, and should be examined.

Two things really working in the favor of justice here. First, Maya's family. What a force of nature! It's amazing what they have been able to do thus far. Second, the area where Maya lives is dense, and would have many, many street cams. Those street cams will prove invaluable when this case gets to court.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Have we ever known of a spouse who didn’t fully engage in searching for the missing spouse, disengaged from LE and the family of the missing spouse who didn’t turn out to be involved in the disappearance? Wracking my brain but open to other’s recollections and hoping this is an exception to that pattern.
JMO

Have we ever known of a spouse who didn’t fully engage in searching for the missing spouse, disengaged from LE and the family of the missing spouse who didn’t turn out to be involved in the disappearance? Wracking my brain but open to other’s recollections and hoping this is an exception to that pattern.
JMO
One thing that really jumps out to me is the contempt, the anger that LM projects when speaking of his wife. He *seems* to disapprove of her conduct, and seems very angry. He may truly believe she "ran off". I certainly don't think that, but he seems too angry to be sympathetic to her status. It would seem she did something unforgivable in his eyes? I don't know, but it's rare seeing this level of (what appears to be) seething animosity towards a missing spouse.
Must be a reason for that, or perhaps he is just immature. Hard to say with the little info we have.

I really hoped she'd be found by now! Her family (minus her husband ahem) has been doing everything that they possibly could, lots of media coverage and public support.
By now phone and car navigation results should be back imo plus whatever items were taken at the search.
I'm sure LE is doing everything they can but I fear wherever she's hidden/buried it will be unexpected. Reminds me of Gannon's shocking location MOO.

There is a lot to be bothered about in this case, that is for certain. I agree it is vey difficult not to look at the husband with suspicion, and he hasn't done anything to improve the public's perception. Quite the opposite.

From the armchair spectator position, it would seem as if this couple had decompensated to a place of complete contempt for each other, and their marriage had become a battleground, or an icy standoff. It would also seem as if something came to a head, as one of them (unclear who) had/was going to schedule an appointment with a divorce lawyer?

Then of course we have the Friday jaunt to the beach using his wife's sedan that had a trunk. A trunk conceals visibility of its cargo. Another point hard to reconcile.

All this being said, I still remain open minded. We don't know if there was a third party involved in this sad situation, who took matters in to their own hands, or who didn't respond well to some demand. This can not be ruled out just yet, and should be examined.

Two things really working in the favor of justice here. First, Maya's family. What a force of nature! It's amazing what they have been able to do thus far. Second, the area where Maya lives is dense, and would have many, many street cams. Those street cams will prove invaluable when this case gets to court.

I agree with everything you've said. There's definitely not enough proof available to us to confidently point any fingers at Larry. Despite my theories as to what happened, I know that what little information I have been provided isn't enough to feel confident about it. There are definitely other possibilities as to what happened that I keep going back to. I'm not prepared to turn my blinders on to those other possibilities. I've made mistakes before and will make them again.

I do feel that Larry has not done himself any favors to avoid speculation. There are a lot of things that don't add up but that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty. I won't state he's guilty unless I'm provided with irrefutable evidence; evidence that I may never receive.

I remain hopeful that LE are on top of everything and that their silence is a good sign. I think it's an incredibly smart decision in a time where information and gossip are easily spread through social media. When new information does come to light, it'll be interesting to see where it leads.

Maya's family are absolute legends in my eyes. Their strength and unwavering resolve is as impressive as it is admirable.

I have a weird feeling that we're in "the calm before the storm" stage of this case... for lack of a better term. I think a storm information is headed our way. Might take a while, but I think we'll have more answers in the future. MOO

One thing that really jumps out to me is the contempt, the anger that LM projects when speaking of his wife. He *seems* to disapprove of her conduct, and seems very angry. He may truly believe she "ran off". I certainly don't think that, but he seems too angry to be sympathetic to her status. It would seem she did something unforgivable in his eyes? I don't know, but it's rare seeing this level of (what appears to be) seething animosity towards a missing spouse.
Must be a reason for that, or perhaps he is just immature. Hard to say with the little info we have.

This! When I was listening to his statement, I was absolutely floored by the amount of loathing he seemed to be protecting about his wife of 20+ years. It's possible that's just my perception and not anywhere close to being accurate but it definitely struck a chord. If their relationship was that tumultuous, is it possible that he isn't searching because he no longer cares enough to have answers? However, that implies that there is a serious amount of contempt that is beyond my ability to fully understand so I'm merely speculating either way. MOO

IMO LM has his reason, an affair maybe? The
“Another guy” question was evaded...the only question that seemed to catch him off guard. He evaded the answer with one that made NO sense, and he didn’t deny it. I sensed a vulnerability at that moment and that moment only tbh. MOo. It may have been an emotionally hostile and combative environment at home, which is why MM wanted space all the time.
Contempt is the perfect descriptor to the tone of the interview. So sad.

IMO LM has his reason, an affair maybe? The
“Another guy” question was evaded...the only question that seemed to catch him off guard. He evaded the answer with one that made NO sense, and he didn’t deny it. I sensed a vulnerability at that moment and that moment only tbh. MOo. It may have been an emotionally hostile and combative environment at home, which is why MM wanted space all the time.
Contempt is the perfect descriptor to the tone of the interview. So sad.

You definitely could be right. And there doesn't even need to be an affair to push a person over the edge. Maya seems to be very friendly and outgoing with lots of interests and friends. Anyone who is insecure and controlling enough might consider the mere possibility of an affair in the future, especially if their relationship has been rocky for any period of time. When a person like that even senses the loss of control in their relationship, they might do anything in their power to get it back. MOO

Because I have difficulty sometimes getting my point across clearly, I'm just going to add the link I sorta based this opinion on. It's been linked here before but I'll link it again. Hopefully I do it right.

The 8 Stage Progression to Intimate Partner Homicide.

Edit: Sorry. That last paragraph sounds weirdly condescending now that I'm reading back. I mean it in a self depreciating way. I don't want to offend anyone because I use the wrong words sometimes.

Last edited:
Been away from this case for a while now due to a big missing persons case in the UK. Sarah Everard, sadly now found deceased and the man arrested is a member of LE.

Really sad to come back and still see MM is missing with little news since. Can't imagine how painful it must be for her family.

Just wanted to say a hearty thank you to all you guys here. MM was the first case I followed on WS and I'm so pleased it was. Everybody's input here has been so thorough, constructive, polite, and professional. I'm pleased it was the first case I came across and not SE's because I would have been off like a shot with the amount of bickering and tripe on that thread sadly. It's such a shame for SE, but I have you all to thank for knowing that that is not what WS is about.

Keep up the amazing fight and spirit everyone for MM!

The loathing and disdain struck me pretty deeply, as this case has all along due to eerie similarities in personality in her husband and my ex-husband, language used, total and utter hatred. Mine became that way once he realized I was serious about the divorce, he was denial for months but when I finally started seeing someone months later, he flipped out and lost it and became very much like this.... swore I was cheating the whole time, told my family I was on drugs and our kids that I was abandoning them and that I cheated and all sorts of horrid things. So it has struck me this whole time that it seemed very similar in that the behavior flipped once divorce was on the table. I really hope they find her soon. I cannot imagine what her children and her family are going through... they are just wonderfully brave to keep pushing on this.

Near the end, after I asked for a divorce but he wouldn't move out yet, I also needed a lot of space and stayed gone a lot when he was home from work to avoid the conflict at home.... :/

JMO
Maybe Heidi Broussard? In her case the husband had past domestic abuse claims, red flags all over the place with his interviews, but alas he was innocent. Definitely not the norm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill