CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I highly doubt that, despite what has been communicated. It's just a matter of time. Keep the faith!

Prayers for Maya's family

Amateur opinion and speculation

Instant depression reading that. Maya's family deserves answers. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if Maya were my sister, daughter, mother, aunt, co-worker, friend... not going to include wife because I can't put emotions where there doesn't seem to be emotions from her husband.

How could LE not have anything from their investigation? Nope, I don't believe that. Here's hoping LE has something and they're just waiting for the right time. Maya is out there someplace and I pray she is found soon.
Good advice... Keep the Faith and keep on praying.

MOO

I mean no disrespect, but just to clarify: are the two posters above saying that LE is outright LYING to MM’s family about their progress? Or that MM’s family is lying to the public? Either way, I’m curious about what, specifically, makes you think LE is being untruthful to MM’s family and/or that MM’s family is (either unintentionally or deliberately) misrepresenting what LE said to them.

"It’s been 11 weeks, going for almost three months now," Drouaillet said. "I know (police) can’t really tell us much information … but they said they don’t have anything at all. So that’s just been really frustrating."

She added: "We do understand that it is an active investigation, but it’s taking so long."

Community members have been aiding the search effort to find Millete. One Facebook group, for example, "Maya Millete’s Search Warriors" was formed to take some of the burden off of Millete’s family. The group organized a search party on Sunday.

"We will find answers, eventually," Drouaillet’s husband, Richard, told San Diego’s FOX 5 on Sunday. "We just have to keep doing what we’re going, keep that pressure on the police department to keep moving forward. Don’t let it become a cold case. We’re not going to allow that – we’re going to get answers."
California missing woman's sister frustrated by lack of progress in her case, 'taking so long'
disconcerting

I mean no disrespect, but just to clarify: are the two posters above saying that LE is outright LYING to MM’s family about their progress? Or that MM’s family is lying to the public? Either way, I’m curious about what, specifically, makes you think LE is being untruthful to MM’s family and/or that MM’s family is (either unintentionally or deliberately) misrepresenting what LE said to them.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting LE or the family are lying. I think it’s more along the lines of what they have right now is a theory, as opposed to a beyond a reasonable doubt provable legal case.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting LE or the family are lying. I think it’s more along the lines of what they have right now is a theory, as opposed to a beyond a reasonable doubt provable legal case.
Thank you.
In addition, LE is not going to jeopardize a potential arrest by disclosing certain aspects of an ongoing investigation, even to family. No need to tip off a Perp.

amateur opinion and speculation

Nobody said LE or the family was lying. It's standard procedure to not disclose details. It's an official investigation. LE, first and foremost, protects the integrity and privacy of the investigation. If LE, or the family, can't share every little loose end with the public, I don't consider that a lie. :cool: Just keep the faith that LE is still working on this case.

MM's immediate family is very passionate and I commend them for expending every ounce of energy they have trying to keep MM's name in the news-- refreshing public awareness that MM is still missing.

However, it's more than obvious that they want answers, yesterday!

I recall when MM's sister and brother-in-law were guests on PE, Chris tried to calm their fears while explaining to them that silence does not equate to not doing anything or having nothing -- in Police speak.

I think it helped, albeit for only a few weeks....

Personally, I don't think it appropriate to infer that LE "has nothing" because the evidence is not being shared with you personally.

To be clear, I don't think there's any agenda here - just a family living their worst nightmare.

I think this case may very well become a no-body homicide where a conviction will be entirely dependent on circumstantial evidence.

When you have no-body, no cause of death, the integrity of the investigation depends on keeping your evidence sealed up very tight!

Just ask Laura Saxton (Kellsie Schelling's mom) that endured 8 years of silence waiting for the arrest (and recent conviction) of her daughter's killer. Kelsie's body has never been located or recovered. Kelsie's case will be featured on 20/20 on Friday.

MOO

MM's immediate family is very passionate and I commend them for expending every ounce of energy they have trying to keep MM's name in the news-- refreshing public awareness that MM is still missing.

However, it's more than obvious that they want answers, yesterday!

I recall when MM's sister and brother-in-law were guests on PE, Chris tried to calm their fears while explaining to them that silence does not equate to not doing anything or having nothing -- in Police speak.

I think it helped, albeit for only a few weeks....

Personally, I don't think it appropriate to infer that LE "has nothing" because the evidence is not being shared with you personally.

To be clear, I don't think there's any agenda here - just a family living their worst nightmare.

I think this case may very well become a no-body homicide where a conviction will be entirely dependent on circumstantial evidence.

When you have no-body, no cause of death, the integrity of the investigation depends on keeping your evidence sealed up very tight!

Just ask Laura Saxton (Kellsie Schelling's mom) that endured 8 years of silence waiting for the arrest (and recent conviction) of her daughter's killer. Kelsie's body has never been located or recovered. Kelsie's case will be featured on 20/20 on Friday.

MOO
well said

Just heard this on local news. Maya's Mother's Birthday was today.
animated-butterfly-image-0082.gif
animated-flower-image-0148.gif
animated-butterfly-image-0082.gif

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

South Bay News (10news.com)

Just thought I'd share Chris' comment from last night's Interview Room. At 1:56:39, he says,

"Larry, you've got some explaining to do. There's a problem down there, and we're going to be doing a follow up with that situation (this Sunday evening.). The PD knows what time it is, and you need to look over your shoulder. Things are gonna get pretty interesting here."

:eek::eek::eek:

It must be so hard on Maya's family. Every day they have hope, but it takes a lot out of them to have to keep searching without any idea if she'll be found. Prayers for Maya's family.
Without knowing anything, really!

They don’t know when she was last at the house, plenty of LM statements to make them wonder, but how do you even search ? How do you begin even?

And they (MM’s sis, bil, etc.) have done such an amazing job with only phantoms of real possibilities, it’s heartbreaking!

I keep telling myself LE knows way more than we do, but I just don’t know how she’ll ever be found and it’s so hard to prosecute. Not saying they LE doesn’t have evidence of what they believe happened, but not enough to risk being public with anything, understandably.

I know what I think happened roughly, maybe not a solid concrete timeline. But even if I’m guessing correctly, then the Friday beach trip really holds the key. I feel it all comes down to that. But if LM was gone for at least 10+ hours, where do you begin to look?

Praying for MM, her children and family, those in LE and SAR, volunteers etc. Please Lord let her be found so justice can be done, and MM’s loved ones can begin to find peace in laying her to rest.

Just thought I'd share Chris' comment from last night's Interview Room. At 1:56:39, he says,

"Larry, you've got some explaining to do. There's a problem down there, and we're going to be doing a follow up with that situation (this Sunday evening.). The PD knows what time it is, and you need to look over your shoulder. Things are gonna get pretty interesting here."

is Chris going to do another episode about the Millete case on Sunday? been listening his last two LM analyzing interview episodes on a loop. dang near memorized it already. it was that good.

Wow, if you ask me, that's a telling statement you shared from Chris McDonough, former LE about how he sees the situation with Larry. Waiting for some break in this case.

In the meantime, there's an upcoming show this evening in 3 hrs. that sounds interesting.

MEN WHO KILL THEIR WIVES, DIVING INTO THE 8 STAGES OF HOMICIDE TIMELINE

Tune in if you can. Chris has so many stories of actual events with domestic abusers and how they tried or did control their victims. He knows the indicators from his experience as former LE.

Step 3: Relationship Behaviors = Risk Markers
upload_2021-3-28_17-41-8.png

Step 4 Potential Homicide Trigger - ...
upload_2021-3-28_17-42-55.png

Step 5 - Escalation...
upload_2021-3-28_17-45-24.png

**I just posted this in the Suzanne Morphew thread, so I'll post it here, too.

***Pertaining to Maya's case, Chris says "do not leave the house."

-------------------

Per The Interview Room latest video. (Chris M. used to work for the Domestic Violence Unit and investigated hundreds, if not 1000s, of domestic homicides, and also trained in Behavioral Analysis through the FBI).

8 Stages to Intimate Partner Homicide by Dr. Jane Monckton-Smith:

Step 1
- Pre-relationship history

Person has a history of stalking or dv, person is controlling, person has previous arrests for violence, inability to accept challenge, thin-skinned and confrontational.

Step 2
-Early relationship behavior/early commitment

Early cohabitation, early pregnancy, early declarations of love using possessive language = "you're mine," "together 4ever," pushes for early commitment, possessive at early stage, jealousy at early stages, resists attempts to slow down or end relationship.

Step 3
-Relationship behaviors/ risk markers

Coercive control, stalking, violence (even low-level pushing and shoving), sexual aggression, possessiveness, jealousy, threats to suicide or kill, isolation of victim from family and friends.

Step 4
-Potential homicide trigger- separation, ill health, financial problems, threats/rumors

Separation, threat of separation, imagines a separation (constant accusations of cheating, for example) bankruptcy or financial ruin, physical health deteriorates in offender or victim, mental health deteriorates in offender or victim, redundancy/retirement, event which prompts retaliation or revenge on victim.

Step 5
-Escalation, Frequency, Seriousness, Stalking, Persistence

Concerning behaviors becoming more frequent, concerning behaviors becoming more serious or severe, stalking (even low-level), threats to kill or suicide, may use language like "I won't let you leave," "I can't live without you," If I can't have you, no one will."

Step 6
-Change in thinking

Last attempts at reconciliation (take a holiday, begging, crying, temper, force and violence, threats), stalking, victim does not or can not respond to threats, new relationship for victim, financial or reputation ruin is imminent or irreversible, mental or physical health deterioration is irreversible, status irretrievably diminished.

Step 7
-Planning- buying weapons, grave digging, manipulate meetings, letters, organize papers

Stalking, change in usual behavior, possible withdrawal, increased menace, may tell people of plans (or may continue to make threats), internet searches.

Step 8
-Homicide, homicide/suicide, confession, missing person, denial, accident, multiple victims

Clear homicide with confession, homicide with suicide of offender, homicide made to look like suicide, homicide made to look like "mercy killing," homicide made to look like accident, homicide made to look like misadventure or natural causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin