CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet he would have been okay with these same relatives spending time with the kids at the planned birthday party at Big Bear, despite all the supposed drunkenness and neglect? (Also, kids don't usually invite family they're not close to to their birthday parties, just sayin'.)

We all know smoking around kids is bad news, but if that ever had happened in the past, why didn't he just put his foot down and tell them no smoking was allowed in the house? It seems weird that with his wife missing, he'd fixate on a fairly minor grievance like that now. And if it did happen in the past, pretty sure they'd be willing to forgo smoking during future visits with the kids.
Wasn't his son in the gun/ammo stash picture o_O

Smoke and mirrors ... LM has far worse things to worry about in his future.

Moved post from MEDIA ONLY THREAD

I do have a hearing for LM on 9/14, but it's for his GVRO hearing & the family mediation on 12/17.

Does anyone know "what" date they are talking about in the article - ?? I can't access it. TIA! :)

@Niner - There's no calendar date cited for next week, only reported that a mediation hearing would be held next week.

Although the family (grandparents) filed a petition for visitation with their grandchildren some time ago, for several weeks, family law attorneys representing the grandparents had been unable to serve a court summons on LM.

On August 23, a proof of service was filed in family court indicating a San Diego County Sheriff’s deputy was successful in serving the court papers on Larry Millete at his home in Chula Vista.

Serving LM had been preventing a mediation hearing from being set.

Husband of missing mother, Maya Millete, files response in family court | cbs8.com

“This is a desperate attempt to persuade the court to grant visitation rights to May's parents who [are] being used by Maricris and Richard Drouaillet to be able to harass and question our children regarding the disappearance of my wife and their mother,” the declaration said.:rolleyes:

IMO the only thing that is “desperate” is LM’s letter. It reeks of a frantic attempt to withhold information. I am more convinced with each correspondence that LM suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The judge will see right through this, God willing.

Husband of missing mother, Maya Millete, files response in family court | cbs8.com

I find this whole situation swirling around the children exceptionally concerning on so many levels.

It is my opinion that the children have knowledge that could irreparably hurt LM.

If Mya’s family is successful and wins their legal action to have access to the children in their home without LM present, I fear the consequences.

LM may flee with the children. Would LE move in and arrest him at that point?

The consequences may be much worse than just fleeing with the kids and that’s my biggest worry.

An arrest can’t come soon enough.

MOO

I find this whole situation swirling around the children exceptionally concerning on so many levels.

It is my opinion that the children have knowledge that could irreparably hurt LM.

If Mya’s family is successful and wins their legal action to have access to the children in their home without LM present, I fear the consequences.

LM may flee with the children. Would LE move in and arrest him at that point?

The consequences may be much worse than just fleeing with the kids and that’s my biggest worry.

An arrest can’t come soon enough.

MOO
Agree on all points. This is deeply concerning, and has been for quite some time. An arrest certainly does seem overdue, but of course that's easy to say from the armchair quarterback position.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Moved post from MEDIA ONLY THREAD

@Niner - There's no calendar date cited for next week, only reported that a mediation hearing would be held next week.

Although the family (grandparents) filed a petition for visitation with their grandchildren some time ago, for several weeks, family law attorneys representing the grandparents had been unable to serve a court summons on LM.

On August 23, a proof of service was filed in family court indicating a San Diego County Sheriff’s deputy was successful in serving the court papers on Larry Millete at his home in Chula Vista.

Serving LM had been preventing a mediation hearing from being set.

Sorry - I did post on the Media thread - didn't realize it until after I posted... :(

And thanks for all this info!

Maricris says in that last article that she has not seen her sister’s children in four months. How can this be allowed?

Justice not only for May, but her children, her family and all her loved ones. Come on LE, CPS or whoever needs to step in and correct this travesty. Those children are being damaged by this situation not being handled appropriately.

This is heartbreaking. All around. I’m pro LE, but it seems someone is not doing their job, her family has rights and so do those children. Who is advocating for those kids?

Extended family typically have no rights to minor child relations except under very specific circumstances. Grandparent visitation may be available if, among other things, the grandparents saw the children a lot and were super involved. But it’s not a slam dunk at all. There are more hurdles to cross with that.

Extended family typically have no rights to minor child relations except under very specific circumstances. Grandparent visitation may be available if, among other things, the grandparents saw the children a lot and were super involved. But it’s not a slam dunk at all. There are more hurdles to cross with that.
I'm sure Maricris and Richard's attorney knows a heck a lot better than I do, but I would be taking a far more aggressive approach to getting those kids out of that house - now! I'd try to get an emergency order, and I'd use LM's POI status, the news clip of the grandfather talking about Maya and "dead bodies" in front of the children, the photo of LM's gun collection and the young boy next to it, the video of what sounds like gun shots blasting near/in the LM home, and the children playing outside at 10:30 at night (unsupervised?).

Those are the things that come to mind, and I'm sure all of you could add to that list. We all know there is more to come and those kids need to be out of (potential) harms way, and away from all of the disturbance. They need a safe place, and therapy!

This is all amateur opinion, and speculation

Larry Millete: ‘My wife May voluntarily left me and our 3 children’ | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 9/13/2021 6:30:20 PM
Updated: 6:30 PM PDT September 13, 2021

“I considered her still alive because she had voluntarily left our house at least twice in 2020 without saying goodbye to me or to our three children… We have been praying for her safety and well-being,” the husband wrote in the court papers."

[...]

"There also is a hearing set for Tuesday, September 14 in downtown civil court, where a judge will decide whether to extend an existing, temporary gun violence restraining order against Larry Millete. The case also could be settled out of court."

"The GVRO hearing will be held remotely, and the husband is not required to attend."
BBM

Tuesday, Sept. 14th:
*GVRO Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - *Maya Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister). *Larry Millete (39) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns.
Case info from 1/7/21 thru 7/28/21 reference post #438 here:
CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4

7/29/21 Update: A mandatory mediation conference with Family Court services is scheduled for all parties on 8/3/21. During the 9/14/21 GVRO hearing the Judge will decide whether to return the seized guns to Millete or to extend gun violence restraining order for up to a year.
7/29/21 Update: It was revealed by Maricris that Maya actually submitted the paperwork for divorce on the day she disappeared. She filled out the online forms & submitted them on Jan. 7. Her physical meeting with the lawyer was the following Tuesday. She was waiting until after her daughter's birthday to go see the lawyer in person.
8/11/21 Update: The update from CVPD on Maya's case. Investigative steps and efforts since January include: Interviews with 73 people, including family members, friends, neighbors & witnesses; 59 search warrants written for residences, vehicles, cellular & electronic devices, call detail records, financial records, social media & cloud data; Search warrant served at Maya’s home on Jan. 23; Search warrant served at a Millete relatives’ home on April 1; Search warrant served at May’s home on May 7; Gun violence restraining order served to Larry Millete on May 7; Search warrant served at Maya’s home on July 1; Reviewed over 118 tips on Maya’s possible location & reason for disappearance with tips coming from the local community and around the country. Searches in the area of east Chula Vista to include 500 Hunte Parkway based on investigative leads.
8/3/21 Update: Family Court: A court hearing on their visitation request is now set for 12/17/21. 9/7/21 Update: Millete filed a 9-page court document, Millete argues why his wife's parents should not receive frequent visitation rights in their home. 9/7/21 Update: Millete filed a 9-page court document, Millete argues why his wife's parents should not receive frequent visitation rights in their home. On August 23, a proof of service was filed in family court indicating a San Diego County Sheriff’s deputy was successful in serving the court papers on Larry Millete at his home in Chula Vista.

She wanted to leave him. He wouldn't let her go. It sounds like she was kept prisoner in that bedroom. I cannot wait until all his words are proven to be lies, and used against him in a court of law.
View attachment 312453

It's so despicable to me that we have 2 high profile cases right now where the husbands of the missing moms are claiming that their wives were drunk floozies. Makes me furious, but it makes them both look so incredibly guilty. If you truly loved your wives, gentlemen, you would NEVER say something so cruel. You are both telling us your true feelings about these women! :mad:

It's so despicable to me that we have 2 high profile cases right now where the husbands of the missing moms are claiming that their wives were drunk floozies. Makes me furious, but it makes them both look so incredibly guilty. If you truly loved your wives, gentlemen, you would NEVER say something so cruel. You are both telling us your true feelings about these women! :mad:
So true, well said.
This case is repulsive at many levels, and harkens back to the day when wives were considered property. Poor Maya, she deserved so much better than this. Such a beautiful, vivacious woman.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 9/13/2021 6:30:20 PM
Updated: 6:30 PM PDT September 13, 2021

“I considered her still alive because she had voluntarily left our house at least twice in 2020 without saying goodbye to me or to our three children… We have been praying for her safety and well-being,” the husband wrote in the court papers."

[...]

"There also is a hearing set for Tuesday, September 14 in downtown civil court, where a judge will decide whether to extend an existing, temporary gun violence restraining order against Larry Millete. The case also could be settled out of court."

"The GVRO hearing will be held remotely, and the husband is not required to attend."
BBM

klassy, larry.

He’s been badmouthing Maya since day 1. If he thinks these latest shenanigans are going to garner any sympathy for him, he’s sadly mistaken.

Larry Millete's gun violence restraining order extended 3 months | cbs8.com

Sept. 15, 2021
SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — A temporary gun violence restraining order (GVRO) filed against the husband of missing mother Maya Millete will remain in place for at least another three months.

Larry Millete is fighting in civil court to get his guns back, but on Tuesday morning his attorney agreed to continue the hearing until December 1.

The continuance was stipulated, meaning both sides agreed to extend the temporary gun violence restraining order until the next hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan