CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Filial piety is an important concept in Filipino culture. ... In a Filipino household, it is common to find three generations living together. Often, grandparents play a large role in raising their grandchildren.
Filipino Culture - Family

While one can respect the family culture, it seems to me that decisions in a marriage -- including cultural traditions would be by mutual agreement.

I've never seen a "character statement" for the defendant filed by the defense other than during the penalty phase. It's certainly not allowed under rules of evidence. (i.e., Case is still at pretrial status).

MOO

Last edited:
Everyone, be sure to read the sworn statement by LM"s mother per the link.
It is an absolute GIFT to Maricris, in that it will show the vitriol towards May, which we can certainly assume is being forced upon the children.
No court should ever let anyone who would document such vitriol and rumors about a missing/presumed dead mother, have anything to do with her children.

So let's all thank LM"s mother. That nasty, ugly, sworn statement she gave just got Maricris and Richard much closer to being granted full custody of those children.

Such evil, such ugliness.

Amateur opinion and speculation

As I was reading, I found myself thinking - this is why Larry is who he is. I'm reminded of what I read and saw from Barry Morphew's mother. Photo's were often captioned "my son Barry and his wife".

Poor Maya, eleven years she lived with this in her home. I would have wanted out too. I have no doubt she wouldn't have moved without her kids. I don't believe she let her four-year old son lay on the floor outside her door and cry. How awful that one day Maya's kids will be able to read that carp. Unconscionable words spoken about their Mother by a trusted adult in their life.

I hope Maricris obtains custody. I know without a doubt she and Richard will remind them how much Maya loved them and would never speak viciously of Larry (despite what he's done).

There were tons of pictures of Maya with her children, then they disappeared. Larry took them down, but somebody will produce them in court. The pics show it's a lie... Maya wasn't always behind the locked door. She spent time with her children, and I think she probably showed them how to have fun, and enjoy life and nature.

It can be found here, at the bottom of the page as an embedded PDF:
Larry Millete back in Chula Vista court for a bail review hearing | cbs8.com

Thank you for posting the link, I couldn't find it when I mentioned it so didn't want to break rules.

Has Maricris ever mentioned about May moving to her or other sister in 2020?
Did they know about the abortion, is it true at all?
Reading the statement made me cry for Maya, this woman sounds like a nightmare in law constantly judging you and always standing by her son MOO.

Also, I'm surprised she brings up 'all that drinking, wine tasting and going out' that supposedly happened in the middle of lockdowns.
And bringing up what happened in January when the in laws weren't even living there is pure hearsay, whatever Larry told her.
Infuriating letter, poor May.
The children should NOT live with them listening to all this, I hope Maricris and Richard can prove to court that they can bring them up. They sacrificed so much looking for May, I hope they still have enough income. The children must get out of that toxic environment MOO

Thank you for posting the link, I couldn't find it when I mentioned it so didn't want to break rules.

Has Maricris ever mentioned about May moving to her or other sister in 2020?
Did they know about the abortion, is it true at all?
Reading the statement made me cry for Maya, this woman sounds like a nightmare in law constantly judging you and always standing by her son MOO.

Also, I'm surprised she brings up 'all that drinking, wine tasting and going out' that supposedly happened in the middle of lockdowns.
And bringing up what happened in January when the in laws weren't even living there is pure hearsay, whatever Larry told her.
Infuriating letter, poor May.
The children should NOT live with them listening to all this, I hope Maricris and Richard can prove to court that they can bring them up. They sacrificed so much looking for May, I hope they still have enough income. The children must get out of that toxic environment MOO
Plus they violated a court order by letting LM talk to his children - repeatedly! That should count for something too.

I can't believe a word they are saying but Even if she was indeed pregnant, it very much could have been Larry's and as she was planning on divorcing him, she wouldn't have wanted to have another child with him. Absolutely understandable imo and I hope she won't get bashed for it, although that is their clear motivation, especially with how religious they are.
IMO This whole thing is just to blame her and make her look like a terrible mother. We know (from LM) that the son was sleeping with her normally and kids said she would do the home learning thing with them, checking on them, we have her family saying she is a wonderful mother so I just can't believe she would leave the little boy crying. Unless she was doing a sleep technique with him.. My kids are awful sleepers and my 5yr old still mostly sleeps with me. I have tried so many methods with them although I refuse to just leave them crying. But that is a very popular method and every child is different. JMO

All MOO and speculation.

Larry Millete to have phone privileges restricted in jail
SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Larry Millete will have his phone privileges restricted while in jail, only able to call his attorney, according to a judge on Wednesday.

“I believe that you understood what your orders were and you violated them blatantly,” said Judge Maryann D’Addezio.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that the husband of missing Chula Vista mother Maya Millete has made more than 129 phone calls in jail, and about nine hours worth of those calls have been directly to his children. Some of those calls have been in the middle of the night.

Millete was arrested on Oct. 19 and charged with the murder of Maya by Chula Vista Police. Maya has been missing since January and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

He was given a protective order during the last hearing and told not to contact any witnesses or his three children. Prosecutors said he violated that order.

"Asked his 11-year-old to read headlines to him, asked to help calculate what the mortgage will be," prosecutors said.

Prosecutors alleged that he has asked the children to watch the movie “Shot Caller” and to read him news headlines. They feel like this is traumatizing the children more.

His attorney, Bonita Martinez, claimed he was never given a physical copy of the order, while the judge said he blatantly violated the order.

Millete's lawyer also said she will file a motion to modify the restraining order to try to allow him to contact his kids. His lawyer told ABC 10News that all phone calls he makes are monitored and recorded.

All I can say is WOW…these poor kids, I really feel for them. He’s so controlling, he can’t even stop himself while he’s in jail. SMH.
Shot Caller?!
Is he nuts?! Get your kids to watch a violent rated R movie...
I'm shaking my head....

Shot Caller?!
Is he nuts?! Get your kids to watch a violent rated R movie...
I'm shaking my head....
LM and his crew are pathetic. He is getting some very bad advice IMO. All of this documentation and behavior is going to result in the judge and jury coming down on him hard. He completely lacks self awareness, to say the least.

My focus is not on him ATM. He is right where he should be. My focus is on those who may have assisted in the disposal of MM's earthly remains. We need to clearly identify them, and the D.A. needs to cut a deal with them in exchange for discovery, and testimony. This is all I care about at the moment. That, and hearing that the children will be moved to live with Maricris and Richard.

I disagree. There's no predicting the behavior of individuals that are intent are supporting their own version of the facts. Just as there are "BM" supporters that believe "SM" ran off on her own and waiting for her alleged lover, why wouldn't LM have his own groupies?

According to the AA (pg 4/8), it was after LM abruptly asked the spellcaster to remove the hex off of his wife (Jan 9) that he turned his spellcasting effort towards the alleged affair partner-- requesting he somehow be punished for having an affair with his wife, and these efforts continued until early February.
And if I remember correctly, Patrick Frazee attempted to line up "others" to kill witnesses.

When a killer is confined they will go to any length to get done what they want done.

"Martinez alleged, "May had wanted a divorce, and was having an affair with a married man, whose wife was pregnant at the time. May Millete had an abortion prior to her disappearance on or about January 8, 2021. May had expressed interest in leaving the family. She had been intoxicated more frequently, out drinking with friends and her relatives, and other men. May had been acting erratically and locking herself inside her bedroom and would not allow the children to see her at times and she would not join the children for breakfast, lunch or dinner."

"May performed or entered into those things we know to be sexually wrong. She had no shame. She had no sexual shame, and she gave up going to church. May did not let anyone know where exactly she was going or when she was going to return to the house."

These people are monsters.

<Admin Note: Link added to support above quoted material>
Larry Millete back in Chula Vista court for a bail review hearing | cbs8.com
All she has done is prove to me, a potential juror, that he had reasons to want to kill her.

Everyone, be sure to read the sworn statement by LM"s mother per the link.
It is an absolute GIFT to Maricris, in that it will show the vitriol towards May, which we can certainly assume is being forced upon the children.
No court should ever let anyone who would document such vitriol and rumors about a missing/presumed dead mother, have anything to do with her children.

So let's all thank LM"s mother. That nasty, ugly, sworn statement she gave just got Maricris and Richard much closer to being granted full custody of those children.

Such evil, such ugliness.

My phone won't let me tap into that link. Can someone post the letter if it is allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan