CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What confuses people I think is the description of the husband about her possible whereabouts. That makes it sound like he does not know what exactly she does on a daily basis. That is something people IMO find hard to believe.

I find it borderline impossible, to be honest, because having three young kids forces the communication with the spouse, even if you hate their guts and would be perfectly content not haing to speak with them ever again (not saying it was the case with Maya and her husband). You just have to ask them if the kiddos eat, what they plan for the day (to ensure the kids will be under care all the time), etc. That's why I find it extremely unbelievable that Maya's husband on that Friday just grabbed their son and sauntered off the house without checking if Maya was there.

I've been quietly watching this string from the beginning - waiting for facts to show themselves. Facts seem elusive on this case so I've had to form an opinion using the information that is available and my "gut" feelings.

Based on her FB page I believe she is adventurous and loves life. You can also tell that her kids are HUGE part of that life and that she loves them. She would not willingly miss one of her kids birthdays. Also, she clearly comes from a close knit family and I find it very unlikely that she would be so selfish as to put them through this kind of hell. Thus, short of a complete mental breakdown, I can't see that she would just abandon her children to chase an adventure or even a secret love interest.

With all that said, I believe that she is missing against her will and was harmed by someone and her remains are well hidden. The other less likely possibility is that she was hurt/injured when hiking. I'm leaning towards harmed by someone since she has not been found locally during searches of hiking trails.

Looking at the most likely scenario I also focused on the three most likely possibilities and I've placed them in the order of how likely I believe they are:
1) Harmed/remains hidden by an angry family member
2) Harmed/remains hidden by a secret love interest who was angered because she refused to leave her family
3) Harmed/remains hidden by a random stranger

I would like to hope that she will be found safe and would certainly welcome that outcome. However, the realist within me is finding that outcome to be unlikely. I will now go back to quietly watching this string while my hopeful self tries to convince my realist self that they are wrong.

Prayers for her family for strength as they wait for the answers they deserve.

I've been quietly watching this string from the beginning - waiting for facts to show themselves. Facts seem elusive on this case so I've had to form an opinion using the information that is available and my "gut" feelings.

Based on her FB page I believe she is adventurous and loves life. You can also tell that her kids are HUGE part of that life and that she loves them. She would not willingly miss one of her kids birthdays. Also, she clearly comes from a close knit family and I find it very unlikely that she would be so selfish as to put them through this kind of hell. Thus, short of a complete mental breakdown, I can't see that she would just abandon her children to chase an adventure or even a secret love interest.

With all that said, I believe that she is missing against her will and was harmed by someone and her remains are well hidden. The other less likely possibility is that she was hurt/injured when hiking. I'm leaning towards harmed by someone since she has not been found locally during searches of hiking trails.

Looking at the most likely scenario I also focused on the three most likely possibilities and I've placed them in the order of how likely I believe they are:
1) Harmed/remains hidden by an angry family member
2) Harmed/remains hidden by a secret love interest who was angered because she refused to leave her family
3) Harmed/remains hidden by a random stranger

I would like to hope that she will be found safe and would certainly welcome that outcome. However, the realist within me is finding that outcome to be unlikely. I will now go back to quietly watching this string while my hopeful self tries to convince my realist self that they are wrong.

Prayers for her family for strength as they wait for the answers they deserve.
I agree with your speculation; especially option #2. The sister said she would have been posting pics of her hiking adventure; she did it all the time. Unless of course, she was injured in the early phase of her hike. I think this is someone who had an interest in her, and a meeting went awry. At this time, I have heard nothing that leads me to believe her husband of 21 years has any involvement. Sounds like he is pretty busy with a lot of household chores and child management. JMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree with your speculation; especially option #2. The sister said she would have been posting pics of her hiking adventure; she did it all the time. Unless of course, she was injured in the early phase of her hike. I think this is someone who had an interest in her, and a meeting went awry. At this time, I have heard nothing that leads me to believe her husband of 21 years has any involvement. Sounds like he is pretty busy with a lot of household chores and child management. JMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m leaning the same way. If they’ve been married for 21 yrs and were high school sweethearts, then they’ve been together for over half her life. She seems to be the type that loves adventure, hiking, getting out and he seems to be more of a homebody. She is a beautiful woman who seems to have a kind heart and an outgoing personality. Unfortunately, some people can develop an unhealthy attachment and mistake friendliness for something else.

while I don’t doubt that she went out with friends hiking and to wine tastings, and that she left home voluntarily, I don’t she’s staying away voluntarily.

MOO

I'm curious if the husband's work situation was such that heading out for the day with the son on that Friday could have been done on a whim or would it have to have been planned in advance.

Also, what are the chances that her disappearance could have anything to do with the type of work she does? Did she need to disappear? Was she disappeared? We don't know for sure why her bedroom was locked. Could it have to do with privacy concerns with her work? The husband had access to the key. So I do not think it had anything to do with keeping him out, at least not on a personal level. If her room was downstairs, which it seems it may be, and it was common that family or others would stop by, it could have been a security concern or requirement for her work.

Would LE be notified if she could have been involved in something with work that could have impacted her disappearance? And if they were, would they have to keep it under wraps?

All MOO and trying to think outside the box for possibilities.

I'm curious if the husband's work situation was such that heading out for the day with the son on that Friday could have been done on a whim or would it have to have been planned in advance.

Also, what are the chances that her disappearance could have anything to do with the type of work she does? Did she need to disappear? Was she disappeared? We don't know for sure why her bedroom was locked. Could it have to do with privacy concerns with her work? The husband had access to the key. So I do not think it had anything to do with keeping him out, at least not on a personal level. If her room was downstairs, which it seems it may be, and it was common that family or others would stop by, it could have been a security concern or requirement for her work.

Would LE be notified if she could have been involved in something with work that could have impacted her disappearance? And if they were, would they have to keep it under wraps?

All MOO and trying to think outside the box for possibilities.

Above is BBM as I'm curious why NCIS was initially (or still could be) helping with the investigation. Probably nothing terribly secret terror types of stuff, but if she had a work computer with a dedicated line for work with the Navy, I wonder if that has been located.

I know her phone is missing, but has anyone commented on her computer, laptop(s), etc?

Above is BBM as I'm curious why NCIS was initially (or still could be) helping with the investigation. Probably nothing terribly secret terror types of stuff, but if she had a work computer with a dedicated line for work with the Navy, I wonder if that has been located.

I know her phone is missing, but has anyone commented on her computer, laptop(s), etc?
She worked for a federal defense contractor. That’s a whole extra level of investigation. You can be assured that once they were notified, any access was immediately turned off and any equipment was immediately picked up. She probably had a VPN line rather than a work cell phone.

I am certain her work from home area was why the door was locked.

She worked for a federal defense contractor. That’s a whole extra level of investigation. You can be assured that once they were notified, any access was immediately turned off and any equipment was immediately picked up. She probably had a VPN line rather than a work cell phone.

I am certain her work from home area was why the door was locked.

Agree...my husband has one of those VPN lines for government contract work.

Just trying to confirm that the only thing that left with May was the phone and ID and bank card??? Is this correct?

I’m re-reading and re-listening to some things. Bringing forward a link to a video that contains part of LM’s interview:
Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three
Near the beginning of the video, LM says his son rolled over in bed and mommy’s not there, just him. So, were they sleeping in the same bed, or were they more like roommates? That tidbit is not in some of the links to his interview. Sorry I’m paraphrasing; my internet is slow tonight and I can’t get it to reload.

I’m re-reading and re-listening to some things. Bringing forward a link to a video that contains part of LM’s interview:
Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three
Near the beginning of the video, LM says his son rolled over in bed and mommy’s not there, just him. So, were they sleeping in the same bed, or were they more like roommates? That tidbit is not in some of the links to his interview. Sorry I’m paraphrasing; my internet is slow tonight and I can’t get it to reload.

I believe Larry said the son is having dreams about his mom. I believe reports say the son is four, maybe he alternates sleeping with his mom and dad? A lot of Filipino children will sleep in their parents bed, even when they have beds of their own, even past the age of four. Either way, they were more like roommates, he mentioned it in the same interview.

I believe Larry said the son is having dreams about his mom. I believe reports say the son is four, maybe he alternates sleeping with his mom and dad? A lot of Filipino children will sleep in their parents bed, even when they have beds of their own, even past the age of four. Either way, they were more like roommates, he mentioned it in the same interview.
Maybe they alternate, or maybe he is saying they’re more like roommates to explain why he didn’t get worried after not seeing her on Friday.

Maya's sister and brother in law are on the show.

The kids are lonely, and miss their mom. They are quiet and devastated.

She said nothing to the kids about going anywhere, and it's out of character not to explain to them if she leaves.

2 searches, passing out flyers, looked at her favorite spots, and doing everything they can to search. LE are not sharing any info with them.

Larry is leaving it up to Maya's sister to do the searching, while he comforts the kids.

Larry saw her on Thursday night, and they had an argument. He heard her making dinner in the kitchen. He assumed she left Saturday morning to go on a hike (or something). He has no idea when she left.

Brother in law "it's hard to believe, but we have to believe him" about not seeing her in the house.

Jan 3 is the last time sis spoke with Maya, and Thursday night got a text. She told Maya that she and Larry had an argument and were having issues.

They are 5 siblings, searching for Maya.

Um, at the 8 minute mark her sister says “he physically assaulted her on Thursday night”
IM OFF THE FENCE
moo

Oh snap. I thought he said "he physically SAW her." (It's hard to tell, it totally could have been "assaulted." I would think the reporter would have enquired further if it was "assaulted.")

I never was on a fence, so I'm still thinking it's sketchy. Imo. ;)

Yes you are both correct, I listened to it several more times and given the casualty of her intonation I have concluded I am wrong and deleted my post.
He last physically saw her on Thursday.

Climbing back on the fence sheepishly with a crow to eat for lunch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova