CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll get off my soap box after this rant. But I really like this site. I retired and moved to San Diego last year and this has been the biggest news close to home since moving here. Which is the main reason why I created this account and have been following the commentary here.

But the key thing I wanted to share was in my lifelong career as an investigator, my biggest cases were solved by regular people. A mom. A dad. A neighbor. A friend.

I can recall countless times, some regular joe who put all the pieces together for an investigator to follow through, explore and stitch together. My biggest case ever involving a multi-state crime was solved buy a single victim who spent years piecing together this incredible case that was impacting victims in multiple states for over a decade. A real brilliant young kid at that time.

I remember the day we had the sheriffs department. FBI and agents from various agencies all geared up and ready to arrest the SOB. I put this young man on FaceTime as we approached the house. Sheriff made the arrest with no incident. And I let the young man look at this dude on the phone and say “I gotcha” on the call. Best close to a case ever.

you all have the power to find out what happened to maya. Please don’t give up.
WELCOME to WS !!
Great Post !!
We value your insight and hope you stick around and join in on other cases and perhaps get verified .

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Still discussing how important a thorough a search of the home is. I've brought up this very similar missing person case before, where for two years everyone thought Elizabeth Sullivan, mother of two had run off. In the Elizabeth Sullivan case I mentioned back on this thread, where she was hidden in a freezer, and husband got away with it for two long years. LE missed blood under the floorboards and the murder weapon & other evidence hidden in the attic. So, it depends how thorough LE searches and investigates.

At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, I think it's the Lexus, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". Surprised me. Now, I'm way too much of a private person to have my last name posted on my license plate right in front of my house. That would really make it easy for a stalker.

At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, I think it's the Lexus, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". Surprised me. Now, I'm way too much of a private person to have my last name posted on my license plate right in front of my house. That would really make it easy for a stalker.
Nah-that’s a Toyota truck which isn’t reported as 1 of Maya’s and if that is LM’s then that to me, makes me question the whole “I’m a private person” statement he made.

Nah-that’s a Toyota truck which isn’t reported as 1 of Maya’s and if that is LM’s then that to me, makes me question the whole “I’m a private person” statement he made.
Thanks. Can you tell I don't know my vehicles like you do? However, you and I are thinking the same on one thing. I thought I saw the Lexus without that license plate, but figured another vehicle with the last name on the license plate, well, it couldn't be Larry's vehicle because "he's such a private person". Maybe Not!

Thanks. Can you tell I don't know my vehicles like you do? However, you and I are thinking the same on one thing. I thought I saw the Lexus without that license plate, but figured another vehicle with the last name on the license plate, well, it couldn't be Larry's vehicle because "he's such a private person". Maybe Not!
Yep-we are, also I think they call those vanity plates and I distinctly remember LM calling this situation “embarrassing”

Question-- LE should be able to access through her provider the last calls Maya made even if her phone is missing. Is that correct? I know LM turned over his phone to LE, but no one knows for sure if Maya had hers.

Some would rather believe Maya was having an affair or had some violent boyfriend, rather than suspect she disappeared right after that argument. MOO, let's hope LE looks into all people in Maya's life recently. They should be able to figure out if there was anyone else.

She left two vehicles in the driveway, and yet some people here believe she may have had a lover pick her up near her house. To me, that doesn't make sense. Plus she would not miss her daughter's birthday. No way. Just my own thoughts.

However... Yikes, reading a comment from an A.L. about CVPD upsets me. My son and his family live there, and reading that makes me nervous. Now, I'm glad the Family hired a PI.

All MOO and thoughts. Prayers Maya is found soon.

One more question-- Maya's sister said on that Court TV video that she last talked to Maya on Jan. 3rd. Later, it was somehow implied she heard from Maya about the argument, but that doesn't seem possible. I'm doubting it myself. Anyone know if Maya specifically told anyone about the argument with her husband just before she went missing on Thursday, Jan. 7th?

Absolutely. If my beloved husband was missing.
I would certainly NOT go to a gathering of people who want to find, and bring him home.
In case you are thinking that I am serious here.
I would go to the end of the earth to find my husband.
Kid you not.

I would hound the police department every minute of everyday. I would be frantic out of my mind.

QUOTE="slowpoke, post: 16567838, member: 54057"]JMO - Regarding why he didn’t go to the vigil: To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe when he said, “I don't want to speculate and there is a lot of speculation” (bbm) he’s referring to negative speculation pointing the finger at him—maybe he knew many of those attending the vigil give him the side eye, so that he wouldn’t have gotten sympathy and support. Maya seems to be close to her side of the family, and with the marriage not being good for a while, they’ve probably been on her “side” all this time. JMO Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

One more question-- Maya's sister said on that Court TV video that she last talked to Maya on Jan. 3rd. Later, it was somehow implied she heard from Maya about the argument, but that doesn't seem possible. I'm doubting it myself. Anyone know if Maya specifically told anyone about the argument with her husband just before she went missing on Thursday, Jan. 7th?
I think the context of that argument is extremely important, and could very well help determine what happened to Maya. Was it about money, her social life, a divorce? The children must have heard the argument, and likely know what it was about. Presumably, her sister does as well? There hasn't been any definitive connection between the argument and her disappearance that we know of. Knowing the topic would certainly help figure out what might have transpired after that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Absolutely. If my beloved husband was missing.
I would certainly NOT go to a gathering of people who want to find, and bring him home.
In case you are thinking that I am serious here.
I would go to the end of the earth to find my husband.
Kid you not. I would hound the police department every minute of everyday. I would be frantic out of my mind.
BBM. Yes, most people would be. Admittedly, we don't know what is normal reaction/behavior for the husband. But let's go with the "I'd be frantic", and therefore we expect the husband should be too.
Then why isn't he? If he were in fact guilty of harming his wife, wouldn't mustering up a little "frantic" be in his best interest to deflect suspicion? Or, does he think he knows where she "ran off to"? Or, he knows she is missing and in danger and doesn't care? Or, is he paralyzed with fear at the thought of what might have happened and is hunkering down protecting the kids?

My impression from the very little we know, is that initially he likely thought that Maya had taken off as a result of their argument, and he was embarrassed about all the attention, as he stated. I'm sure he quickly realized it was much more serious. This scenario, of course, assumes the no guilt on the part of the husband. LE is likely well down the road on warrants for phone records and such. Adding neighbors video cam data to show May coming (and leaving?) the house should help shine a light on what truly happened.

One thing that we should keep in mind is that *LE has NOT (to the best of my knowledge), removed the children from the home. I do believe that if they had any indication that the husband was guilty they would have to remove the children. They have not.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The 11 yr. old daughter went to the vigil, but I guess the father didn't attend with her, and just picked her up from the vigil.

A news article reported the father as saying he didn't want to face "speculation" by attending the vigil, nor did he attend the searches. and gives the excuse he is a private person. (I hope it isn't all about him.) Oh, he has also said he was staying with the children to provide normalcy or whatever. MOO, those two daughters are old enough to know what is going on. Letting the 11 yr. old attend the vigil without going yourself must make her feel kind of alone, IMO. Can't pretend normal when kids pick up on things. I worry about how they're processing this sudden loss. Maya's sister says they're feeling lonely without their mother. Are the children allowed to be around the rest of Maya's family or are they being kept away? I hope not. I've seen the pics, and Maya loved her children so much. She was a huge part of their lives. I'm sure they are going through so much internally. Hope they have a chance to talk to someone about what they're feeling.

One thing that we should keep in mind is that *LE has NOT (to the best of my knowledge), removed the children from the home. I do believe that if they had any indication that the husband was guilty they would have to remove the children. They have not.

In order to remove the kids from under their father's care they would have to have a good evidence that staying in the family home would be harmful to these children. A gut feeling that he might be responsible for Maya's dissapearance, or an evidence that he wasn't exactly truthful when describing the circumstance is, I think, far not enough for CPS to remove the kids from him.

The 11 yr. old daughter went to the vigil, but I guess the father didn't attend with her, and just picked her up from the vigil.

A news article reported the father as saying he didn't want to face "speculation" by attending the vigil, nor did he attend the searches. and gives the excuse he is a private person. (I hope it isn't all about him.) Oh, he has also said he was staying with the children to provide normalcy or whatever. MOO, those two daughters are old enough to know what is going on. Letting the 11 yr. old attend the vigil without going yourself must make her feel kind of alone, IMO. Can't pretend normal when kids pick up on things. I worry about how they're processing this sudden loss. Maya's sister says they're feeling lonely without their mother. Are the children allowed to be around the rest of Maya's family or are they being kept away? I hope not. I've seen the pics, and Maya loved her children so much. She was a huge part of their lives. I'm sure they are going through so much internally. Hope they have a chance to talk to someone about what they're feeling.
BBM
I would think (and hope) her dad didn't just drop her off by herself but rather she was with other loved ones and/or well known friends/neighbors. I would imagine they also went to the vigil.
As a mate to someone tho, I can't imagine not going to the vigil myself, even speaking. Perhaps it would be too devastating for the younger child to attend tho. I think I would then get someone trusting and calm to stay with that child during the vigil.
I also think it's important for the children to see that their dad is doing something to find their mom.
This whole thing must be so devastating to these children.
jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member