CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was 67 on 1/8 thats not too bad. january is usually fine for the beach, maybe not to swim but a lot of ppl go there. surfers especially go early too but if that was the case here what was the 4 year old doing? so probably not that and im not disagreeing that if he did something to her, the rest of your speculation is spot on.
I have an amateur opinion and speculation about the intent of that beach day with the young boy. (Aside from, but related to the missing persons case).
A serious speculation, and that is why I want those kids out of that house now; until the father is cleared by LE.

*This is only an amateur speculation and opinion

Maybe they share cars. In my household, we have 2 cars, but neither car is mine or dh’s—we use either. (But, then, we are retired.) Is my dh and I weird in this way?
Maybe the child car seat was already in the Lexus, so that’s why he took that one.

I think from what we’ve heard, no, LM did not have contact on Friday, he only heard her, he said.

Seems unusual to leave so early in the morning. What’s in Solana Beach, I wonder. What did he and his son do there? Did he visit with someone there?

well its super pretty and there is a beach there you can walk right down a sidewalk to... but yea i wonder too is his family anywhere around?

Google Maps

I think part of it was LM not wanting to spend time with Maya or her family.

By taking her vehicle and leaving the area, he was "taking his space."

I think the jeep was purchased by Maya.

i wonder if this was part of their issue. maybe he took her things that she valued a lot as his own and it made her resentful.

Sometimes investigators spend too much time trying to find evidence to prove something happened vs spending time trying to dis-prove something ever happened.
...In other words, the investigators should focus on the inverse to prove a crime was indeed committed or at a minimum, allow them to formalize a “point” of interest if not person of interest.
Wow, focus on the the inverse to prove a crime. Thank You for directing my thoughts in a different direction. Not being LE or having that expert training, I'm not sure what else would count as looking at the inverse.

Attempt to try to dis-prove Maya ever left the house after that argument voluntarily.

Me-- No camera footage, no sightings of her leaving or seen outside. Unreachable and missed her daughter's birthday. No traceable calls to someone to pick her up. Didn't take her car, etc.,

Hope others will come up with examples. It's not easy for me to find the inverse. Am I even doing it correctly? I want to go further to see if I could develop the knack of "focusing on the inverse", but must respect there's no suspect named yet.

I imagine Maya's family tried to give the "benefit of doubt" and it may have slowed the initial investigation down. MOO, there was enough for LE to be aware right from the start that Maya probably was not "wine tasting". Gosh, I wish she did take off instead of what likely happened.

You would think LE would ask who left the house the next day and where they went driving what. In other words, I'm still wondering why LE didn't impound Maya's Lexus sooner. I don't know if they just did visual checks and didn't have dogs with them the first two searches without a search warrant.

BBM and all my own thoughts and opinions.

You should see this one apt. building dumpster I can see from my balcony. It gets constant "dumpster divers", I guess people collecting soda cans and plastic. Yuck, I'd hate to dig in that dumpster. There is also "dumpster dumpers" that drive up and unload. Yikes, now you got me thinking of dumpsters.

im in CA but not in san diego. we have many transients who make a career over recycling in my area and i assume in all big cities. i mean a body could be missed but trash bins do get a lot of traffic.

im in CA but not in san diego. we have many transients who make a career over recycling in my area and i assume in all big cities. i mean a body could be missed but trash bins do get a lot of traffic.

Amen!
Especially now. Most have their route, their regular search times, areas.
Praying for someone to find Maya.

MOO

temecula is an hour northeast of solana beach.
Yes, that's what I pointed out, and that he said Temecula. (also suggested wine tasting, so... he may have wanted us to search up there and it's really the opposite direction?) It would have been great to see his body language, but he's never gotten on camera to plead for Maya's safe return.

This is absolutely MOO. Another word he said creeps me out for some reason, not that he used it in the same way I interpret it's meaning. It's the word "surreal". To me it describes finding myself in a bizarre scene. I picture someone personally going through some wild experience and saying, "This is surreal!".

Again, he talks through his interview without hesitating much and comes up with these words and cloaked grievances of his wife quite fast. I don't see him upset over the "mind numbing" event. Of course, I listened to that phone interview too much trying to get the details straight. Still don't know what time the argument was or if Maya stomped out of the room. I know he thinks he heard her the next night? I only know odd things that have nothing to do with her being missing.

He did say he left the house with his son the next day, that Friday, but he didn't mention he was gone ten hours. He made it sound like he was only gone a couple of hours. All MOO.

Surreal - definition of surreal by The Free Dictionary

Listen at the 09.00 minute mark, LM did say Maya would go to a La Mesa trail the one near the mountain. (I thought Mt. Helix, but he was so vague.) He also mentions Temecula which is just past Solana Beach. Makes me wonder if subconsciously he's leaking info. JMO

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

I think he was talking about Mission Trails Regional Park which is adjacent to Lake Murray. It includes a hike called Cowles Mountain.
https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/missiontrailstrailmap.pdf
Mission Trails Regional Park

A young, experienced hiker drowned there during a rainstorm trying to cross the river. It was an accident.
Body Recovered at Mission Trails Regional Park is Missing 21-Year-Old Runner: Family

...A young, experienced hiker drowned there during a rainstorm trying to cross the river...
Yes, I'm local and I posted that about the hiker last week.

Thanks. good thinking that she may have gone there. La Mesa with a mountain is pretty vague. He just dropped that suggestion in along with a bunch of other directions. I just want Maya to be found. Her children and family must be so distraught. LE needs to figure out where to look, as they have the most info. JMO.

...but yea i wonder too is his family anywhere around?

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

'Larry has not been, again, responding to our text messages or answering our phone calls,' Maricris said. 'So we got worried... Me and my sister-in-law went to go check on the kids Monday and to make sure that they were ok and that was a lot.'

Maricris shared that the pair mostly chatted with Larry's father and with the children, who acted 'distant.'

BBM

Yes, I'm local and I posted that about the hiker last week.

Thanks. good thinking that she may have gone there. La Mesa with a mountain is pretty vague. He just dropped that suggestion in along with a bunch of other directions. I just want Maya to be found. Her children and family must be so distraught. LE needs to figure out where to look, as they have the most info. JMO.

I'm local also. Sorry I missed your post about the hiker's death.

Mission Trails Park is really very large with a number of entrances. I wonder if anyone has searched the area?

Before I responded with my last post, I listened to the recording of LM's phone interview for the 3rd time. His comment that I told her, "we have 3 kids you be doing this kind of stuff," bothers me. I was uncertain if he meant the drinking and staying out late or isolating herself and leaving the house, or spending so much time on her "hobbies." There were really at an impasse. His reference to the children as "my girls" and "my son," stood our also.

Obviously they married quite young and people change, but their relationship seems to have been at loggerheads by his negative comments about Maya and her behavior and hobbies.

Gosh, I’m not sure why I didn’t think about that, as we have a “regular” who inspects our work receptacle. A dumpster was my number one thought, but if she didn’t make it to the landfill, I have more hope that she might be found.

His reference to the children as "my girls" and "my son," stood our also.
I didn't catch that. Oh no, do I have to listen to it again?!! Local too. Hi! You might hike more than I do, so your suggestions are helpful.

LM says Maya was in training and hiking a lot to do an event they did together ten yrs. ago. I saw her Fitbit maps of hike accomplishments. So, she's into fitness. However, he also says she's drinking more often. Which is it? Both could be true, I guess.

Yes, as you pointed out, he ran her down in that interview. I wish they would, but Maya's family doesn't seem to dispute enough of what he implies. They do say she was an good mother. It's just that in one interview, LM made Maya sound completely irresponsible. If she left and stayed gone a night once or twice in the past, it could've been for her own safety for all we know. He seemed to be abusive with his words giving her no loving credit.

It looks like Maya was doing just fine holding down an important job, mother or three children, etc., I saw the pics of her with her children and it shows an involved, loving mother. Is LM a stay at home Dad? I haven't heard a thing about if he has a job? Maybe he should've bought his own jeep.

My apologizes for such long posts today. I guess I'm on edge after a month of wondering if Maya will be found. So many people care.

Why I say the phone interview didn't give important info, as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine leaving a baby in someone's care and the baby ends up missing. You ask the person, "Where's the baby?" The person offers things like-- the baby was crying last I saw baby, always tries to poke me in the eye, doesn't like to eat vegetables, has been into hitting, lately crawls away and wants space, never listens, likes to go into the bedroom, but also likes playing in the kitchen, in fact I heard something in the kitchen later, then I thought I heard the door open, but I just sat here, so I don't know.

Another homicide in Chula Vista...a few miles away from Paseo Los Gatos:

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (KGTV) -- A U.S. military servicemember was identified as the victim in a deadly shooting in a Chula Vista neighborhood over the weekend.

On Feb. 6, at around 12:25 a.m., Chula Vista police received a report regarding a suspicious vehicle near the 1800 block of Marquette Road. Moments later, police were called regarding shots fired in the same area
[...]
Circumstances that led to Joseph’s death remain under investigation by the CVPD’s Crimes of Violence detectives. The department did not have details on a suspected shooter.
https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...-vista-shooting-identified-as-military-member

Marquette Road to Paseo Los Gatos:
upload_2021-2-9_18-49-48.png

This is my neighborhood. I have lived here since 1999. The husband states they argued and she may have left to blow off steam. No one would go up into the San Miguel trail after dark by themselves even if it was around the corner from the house just to 'blow off steam'. The area and streets where the Millete's house is situated is very popular with walkers and bike riders for fitness. As far as leaving the house at 6 am to head to Solana Beach seems rather suspect. One, it's COLD on southern California beaches until the sun has been up a bit and the fog has burned off. It was 41 degrees over night and the sun didn't rise until 6:52 am. What would a 4 year old boy enjoy about heading to a beach when it was 45 or so degrees outside and the sun wasn't even up. Further, the better, closer beach would be Coronado. Why drive 50 minutes when you could be somewhere in 20? I guess the husband had to say something if his vehicle was spotted on neighbors' ring cameras? We have lots of those here. It's a lovely place to raise kids but constant car break-ins have put residents on edge. It seems every night we have thugs trolling the streets in the wee hours, checking car doors and stealing tools out of trucks or catalytic converters. For so long this was considered the nice, new part of Chula Vista, with the police station way out on the west side. Neighbors have been begging for increased patrols while ALSO bitching about officers issuing too many speeding tickets. Ah, Eastlake.

I digress. I don't know a single father who wouldn't emphatically insist to police that something was wrong when a child's birthday was missed by the mother. My guess is she's never missed a child's birthday before, especially if it was so important an occasion that she and her siblings were planning a trip to the mountains to celebrate her. Instead, in his phone interview he just rambles and over-explains the whys and whatfors and probably gives a hint of that about which he holds her in contempt underneath it all.

The department did not have details on a suspected shooter.
Posted by @Tink56
https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...-vista-shooting-identified-as-military-member
upload_2021-2-9_18-49-48-png.283499

Thank You. That's closer than I thought. It was all over the local news today, but I didn't get a chance to map it out. I heard they thought maybe the shot military person came out of his house to stop a car theft. Did you hear that? I did consider a scenario where someone was near Maya's jeep. I dismissed it though. They would've had to take Maya with them because :( she has still not been found.

Posted by @Tink56

Thank You. That's closer than I thought. It was all over the local news today, but I didn't get a chance to map it out. I heard they thought maybe the shot military person came out of his house to stop a car theft. Did you hear that? I did consider a scenario where someone was near Maya's jeep. I dismissed it though. They would've had to take Maya with them because :( she has still not been found.

I'll be happy to hear more details on this. I didn't hear the part about the car theft.

Hopefully we'll hear more tomorrow.

They are pretty close. Marquette Rd is in the 'College Estates' neighborhood. It's the oldest part of this area of town. Small ranch-style tract homes. As I mentioned in a previous post, we've had a rash of car break-ins over the past year or more. It seems almost every morning a Ring video from the night before shows up on the neighborhood app. It appears that someone called in a suspicious car sighting and then a shots fired call. If thieves had been trolling Maya's street there would have been videos posted.

The 125 itself is a pretty big neighborhood divider. Most people who live east of the 125 travel back and forth to the west on East H St/Proctor Valley Rd. - but most people who live west of the 125 don't often have need to go east of it as there are so few businesses that direction.

Posted by @Tink56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge