CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya has a lovely spirit that has touched us all. Believing in the power of prayers, I'm praying with you. Prayers that Maya be found alive. Prayers for her children, family, friends to have strength and keep faith in these difficult times.
Beautiful post, thank you. It's so good to have wonderful sleuthers joining in prayer and petition for an unlikely, but positive outcome.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The article which states brother went to check on her and heard her respond through her bedroom door but she didn’t unlock or open it.... this detail gives an insight into her frame of mind. Also, the brother thought well guess she wants space. Like it’s normal for her. Little details that gives us a clue.

she likes the outdoors

fight with husband

there are so many ways this could go. I’d be searching endlessly the outdoor area by house. I feel awful for her kids :(

The article which states brother went to check on her and heard her respond through her bedroom door but she didn’t unlock or open it.... this detail gives an insight into her frame of mind. Also, the brother thought well guess she wants space. Like it’s normal for her. Little details that gives us a clue.

she likes the outdoors

fight with husband

there are so many ways this could go. I’d be searching endlessly the outdoor area by house. I feel awful for her kids :(

In this article I’ve linked, it’s in the Filipino language. However, in the text, it quotes what the sister said in English. The text, I believe, is incorrect. In listening to the sister in the accompanying video, I hear the opposite, that she “WASN’T responding”.

The article writes that she said, “The room was locked. But when my brother knocked on the door she was responding and it was locked. My brother thought, she probably just wanted to be left alone”
(bolded by me)

But I hearThe room was locked. But when my brother knocked on the door, she wasn’t responding, and it was locked. And then my brother thought it might be she probably just wanted to be left alone.”
(bolded by me)

Search party inilunsad para sa nawawalang Pinay sa Amerika

The context seems to imply the brother knocked on her door on Thursday, but I’m not certain.

You’re right, though—frame of mind. Did the brother stop over there to check on her knowing she was upset? Was Maya already gone? What time was the brother there?

In this article I’ve linked, it’s in the Filipino language. However, in the text, it quotes what the sister said in English. The text, I believe, is incorrect. In listening to the sister in the accompanying video, I hear the opposite, that she “WASN’T responding”.

The article writes that she said, “The room was locked. But when my brother knocked on the door she was responding and it was locked. My brother thought, she probably just wanted to be left alone”
(bolded by me)

But I hearThe room was locked. But when my brother knocked on the door, she wasn’t responding, and it was locked. And then my brother thought it might be she probably just wanted to be left alone.”
(bolded by me)

The context seems to imply the brother knocked on her door on Thursday, but I’m not certain.

You’re right, though—frame of mind. Did the brother stop over there to check on her knowing she was upset? Was Maya already gone? What time was the brother there?
Bingo!! Thank you! I’m hearing she wasn’t responding in the video.

(bolded by me)

(bolded by me)

What's going on with this gal? She doesn't want to be bothered by her husband, her brother....what's up?
Seems like a lot of not wanting to be bothered by main players in her life. I wonder why she was pushing them away, if she was.

What's going on with this gal? She doesn't want to be bothered by her husband, her brother....what's up?
Seems like a lot of not wanting to be bothered by main players in her life. I wonder why she was pushing them away, if she was.

Respectfully, I think some of us think she was not in her room, or at least unable to respond to anyone on Friday. I think it’s telling that the accusations are not moderated on the Find FB page, which is run by Maya’s “family.” Or maybe they’re trying, and some are falling through the cracks. There are a lot of comments to sift through.

(bolded by me)

(bolded by me)

Thanks....This makes much more sense. I thought he went over because she wasn't responding to texts and phone messages about the coming weekend.

Or, maybe she talked to her sister or other family member after the argument on Thursday evening.

(bolded by me)

(bolded by me)

Edit- I found the right link. I’m Filipino and am used to the accent, she said “she was not responding.”

To me, with as outgoing as she sounds, I don't think she would push her own brother away. Those two don't go together to me. jmo

To me, with as outgoing as she sounds, I don't think she would push her own brother away. Those two don't go together to me. jmo

It wasn't her (Maya's) brother, it was Larry, her husband. The sister is talking about her brother-in-law having knocked on the door and not getting a response. Then, they didn't hear from her all day Friday or Saturday morning so the sister told the dad to go to the house and check on her.

It wasn't her (Maya's) brother, it was Larry, her husband. The sister is talking about her brother-in-law having knocked on the door and not getting a response. Then, they didn't hear from her all day Friday or Saturday morning so the sister told the dad to go to the house and check on her.
Oh boy am I confused! I thought it was first thought it was her bil and then thought it was her own brother. But regardless, I do think she would have spoken up if she was there. Maybe not to her husband if she was mad directly at him, but to someone she wasn't upset with. I could be wrong but that's my take on her personality style. jmo

Hard to say depending on her frame of mind.
Did anyone translate that video with a high level of confidence? (tagalog to english)

Sometimes we read too deep into the things said. The events transpired. And over interpret situations in order to discover semblance in our own experiences to explain complex situations.

The husband knows far more than what he is sharing. The detectives are on him. As stated by the brother and sister in the early news interview. There are flags being investigated that they cannot share. Won’t share. That the detectives are already looking into. Guess who that is. Answer is obvious.

Hard to say depending on her frame of mind.
Did anyone translate that video with a high level of confidence? (tagalog to english)

My tagalog isn't what it used to be, but the most important bits were what the sister said. I have listened to it, though I can't do a literal translation, I understood the newscaster; nothing was said that hasn't already been said on American news. After Maricris speaks the first time, the news caster says that the family admits there have been problems between the couple, she's never been unreachable for so long, that there had been a trip to Big Bear organized. No credit card use, not with friends, etc. It regurgitates the same information.

Please don’t misinterpret my negative “judgements”. Just stating the obvious signs.

but trust me. These are the few situations in life any of us here would pray to be wrong. Wrong about her not being alive. Wrong about Larry being a suspect. And Wrong for even having placed judgement on anyone.

Only reason Larry hasn’t been called out is because you need proof. The one thing police is getting right this time is not jumping the gun. Jumping the gun would screw up the entire case once they finally have foundation to stand on. Hope this small police department is getting outside help.

Thank You for going through the trouble to look up more info about this matter. Even on the Find Maya FB site it is a touch misleading when they say she didn't "have a vehicle" and people thought she didn't own one. She had two vehicles in the driveway, she just didn't leave with either one.
Edit- I found the right link. I’m Filipino and am used to the accent, she said “she was not responding.”
Thank You. I really don't think she was alive in that locked bedroom and ignoring people.
We're back to she wasn't in contact with anyone, seen by anyone, or was not there on Friday.

I tend to believe something happened to her Thursday night either at the house or she left the house. What do you think?

Snipped & BBM

Please don’t misinterpret my negative “judgements”. Just stating the obvious signs.

but trust me. These are the few situations in life any of us here would pray to be wrong. Wrong about her not being alive. Wrong about Larry being a suspect. And Wrong for even having placed judgement on anyone.

Only reason Larry hasn’t been called out is because you need proof. The one thing police is getting right this time is not jumping the gun. Jumping the gun would screw up the entire case once they finally have foundation to stand on. Hope this small police department is getting outside help.
Chula Vista is the second-largest city in San Diego metropolitan area with 200+K citizens; not that dinky. They have 270 sworn officers.

About The Police Department | City of Chula Vista

"...Chief Kennedy leads a department of 270 sworn officers, 108.5 civilian employees, and more than a hundred volunteers (Organizational Chart). The department maintains a budget of $66.3 million (Measure A and General Fund) and $2.06 million for the Jail Enterprise Fund. With a population of over 278,000, Chula Vista is the second largest city in San Diego County, 15th largest in the state and the 76th largest in the country. Chula Vista was recently designated the 10th safest city in the United States for jurisdictions with more than 200,000 population....."

Fair points.

But chula vista is #216 in terms of violent crim in California.

Only 3 murders this past year. And similar last year. Majority related to gang violence and robberies.

At best, this department deals with 1 domestic related murder a year. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

That’s zero experience in my book. They need help if they want to solve this.

- Retired OIG agent

Chula Vista is the second-largest city in San Diego metropolitan area with 200+K citizens; not that dinky. They have 270 sworn officers.

About The Police Department | City of Chula Vista

"...Chief Kennedy leads a department of 270 sworn officers, 108.5 civilian employees, and more than a hundred volunteers (Organizational Chart). The department maintains a budget of $66.3 million (Measure A and General Fund) and $2.06 million for the Jail Enterprise Fund. With a population of over 278,000, Chula Vista is the second largest city in San Diego County, 15th largest in the state and the 76th largest in the country. Chula Vista was recently designated the 10th safest city in the United States for jurisdictions with more than 200,000 population....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member