CA CA - McFarland, WhtFem 18-30, UP57064, white metal ring with clear stones, July'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And another Cali UID. thanks....grazie mille.

Namus doesn't mention tattoos?

Help me to get this UID into the light..she seems to be forgotten....she could have been as young as eighteen.

Nothing about her anywhere else besides Namus. Not on CA coroner mentioned, not a Facebook page, not on the site for missing and unidentified children, not listed on wiki unidentified from Ca.....not listed on Kern county unidentified, not on the Doe network...............

So very very sad!!! What can I do to help her, next step?

No ruleouts.

Clothing: "White skirt with red flowers and a zipper at the back and pockets at sides, red underwear, burnt orange color sweater with label "Calif. Frank Lee", long sleeve red and white striped sweater, label that said "Andy's Junior", all size medium." Also a white metal ring with clear stones, which could mean anything from a dime-store trinket to a platinum engagement ring or cocktail ring.

McFarland is here: Google Maps

Which is way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, but on a main road from Bakersfield to Fresno. I believe it's often used as an alternate to I-5 for people wanting to avoid traffic. The description of the body as being found "in the foothills" east of town sounds like it's way off the highway, however. The land right around the town is flat as a tabletop.

Maybe one of these women?

Brenda Sue Black
Brenda was originally from Vandalia, OH but moved to California after high school. Her family has not seen her since about 1980 or 1981.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Barbara Ann Bruno
Barbara was last seen in 1980 by her family in Rochester. Rumors had her moving to New York City and also California and has not been heard from since.

Kathryn Elizabeth Collins
Collins' car was discovered as an abandoned vehicle on April 1, 1981 in Port Lavaca, TX. There was no sign of Collins herself. Foul play is suspected.

Denise D. Beaudin
Denise Beaudin was 23 when she went missing from her home in Goffstown, New Hampshire, in 1981.

The first two have possible CA connections. The third went missing from Texas, which is a day's drive to CA. The last one struck me as someone who might wear the clothing our UID was wearing, and who knows, maybe she was sick of the snow. I hope this one gets a recon!

She was wearing a burned orange sweater labeled Frank Lee (of) California. I can find clothing items with this label all over Etsy, mostly from the seventies and before but nothing about the designer....is it me? Who was he? Was he a fashion designer....is this label very common? Maybe Americans say ohhhh yes....of course....Just trying to get a picture of this girl/woman. She could be from California...or bought the clothes in California....probably not very much helping....

I find the wording 'found in a grave' strange.....my association with this is that somebody dug a hole, covered her up and left her there....What were the circumstances that she could have been found.....knowing from Carbuff this is a very rural environment and the hills are nowhere near the flat environment of the road. It feels more like a situation where someone lived on the hill (ranch?), dragged her down the hill and buried her there.

So very frustrated about the lack of information in this case.

Last edited:
She was wearing a burned orange sweater labeled Frank Lee (of) California. I can find clothing items with this label all over Etsy, mostly from the seventies and before but nothing about the designer....is it me? Who was he? Was he a fashion designer....is this label very common? Maybe Americans say ohhhh yes....of course....Just trying to get a picture of this girl/woman. She could be from California...or bought the clothes in California....probably not very much helping....

I find the wording 'found in a grave' strange.....my association with this is that somebody dug a hole, covered her up and left her there....What were the circumstances that she could have been found.....knowing from Carbuff this is a very rural environment and the hills are nowhere near the flat environment of the road. It feels more like a situation where someone lived on the hill (ranch?), dragged her down the hill and buried her there.

So very frustrated about the lack of information in this case.
It seems like a local designer. I found records dating back to the 60's or 70's for Frank Lee California. It was founded by Stanley "Lee" Loeb (d. 2002) and owned by Gary Loeb.
FRANK-LEE OF CALIFORNIA, INC. | California Companies Directory

There are a lot of unknown clothing designers who will sell locally or open their own shops. I wonder if it would be possible to trace where their clothing was sold and who bought that sweater.

It seems like a local designer. I found records dating back to the 60's or 70's for Frank Lee California. It was founded by Stanley "Lee" Loeb (d. 2002) and owned by Gary Loeb.

There are a lot of unknown clothing designers who will sell locally or open their own shops. I wonder if it would be possible to trace where their clothing was sold and who bought that sweater.

Thank you very much ULPI. I have the feeling she owned this clothes for a longer time (70's bought, had in until she was found) but I don't know. The flower thing is absolutely 70's) Maybe secondhand.....I think it would cost something to buy a new labeled fashion item. Yehhh would love to know where this sweater was sold....probably a few shops in the surrounding area's. Local so to say....

The Namus file was created on May 9, 2019....that explains a lot. Poor girl....

It looks like Andy's Juniors began selling clothes in 1974.
ANDY'S JUNIORS Trademark - Registration Number 1150499 - Serial Number 73209218 :: Justia Trademarks
I'm finding a lot of sweaters like this one:
il_794xN.1787124796_769a.jpg

"it has been 30 years 8 months, and 21 days since the company registered today" I'm confused this means that the company was first registered in 1988 (last update being in 2018)....at least under that name...things are not adding up IMO.

Last edited:
"it has been 30 years 8 months, and 21 days since the company registered today" I'm confused this means that the company was first registered in 1988 (last update being in 2018)....at least under that name...things are not adding up IMO.
It seems like the company has gone through a few name changes. I haven't found the original business record yet, but it's been around since the 1960's I believe. I don't think poor business records are suspicious...

Maybe one of these women?

Brenda Sue Black
Brenda was originally from Vandalia, OH but moved to California after high school. Her family has not seen her since about 1980 or 1981.

Barbara Ann Bruno
Barbara was last seen in 1980 by her family in Rochester. Rumors had her moving to New York City and also California and has not been heard from since.

Kathryn Elizabeth Collins
Collins' car was discovered as an abandoned vehicle on April 1, 1981 in Port Lavaca, TX. There was no sign of Collins herself. Foul play is suspected.

Denise D. Beaudin
Denise Beaudin was 23 when she went missing from her home in Goffstown, New Hampshire, in 1981.

The first two have possible CA connections. The third went missing from Texas, which is a day's drive to CA. The last one struck me as someone who might wear the clothing our UID was wearing, and who knows, maybe she was sick of the snow. I hope this one gets a recon!

Denise is actually a strong choice--she left New Hampshire with her daughter and a guy now known to be a serial killer. He's known to have been in California with the daughter in the mid-1980's.

Denise is actually a strong choice--she left New Hampshire with her daughter and a guy now known to be a serial killer. He's known to have been in California with the daughter in the mid-1980's.
Wow, I didn't know she was linked to Rasmussen or California when I suggested her. I just had a gut feeling, and now I'm spooked!

I've heard of Rasmussen being identified and linked to the mother and babies, but I didn't know all the details of his murders. Makes me wonder just how many victims of his are out there, if he kidnapped children, if other children were actually his....

Is the DNA for this Doe on file? Denise's DNA is and I wonder if they've been compared.

Wow, I didn't know she was linked to Rasmussen or California when I suggested her. I just had a gut feeling, and now I'm spooked!

I've heard of Rasmussen being identified and linked to the mother and babies, but I didn't know all the details of his murders. Makes me wonder just how many victims of his are out there, if he kidnapped children, if other children were actually his....

Is the DNA for this Doe on file? Denise's DNA is and I wonder if they've been compared.

Well, he clearly murdered children, but they appear to all be connected to him somehow and I'm not aware of any evidence that he kidnapped unknown women or children off the street.

New Hampshire LE has been working hard on all their missing person cold cases and it's possible their inquiries are why this woman has just now been entered into Namus. I hope so anyway.

Bumping this thread up as Denise Beaudin is mentioned here. Does anyone remember where in CA Denise's daughter was left, and where did Terry show up next after that?

ETA: I think the daughter was left behind at age 5 (in 1986?) .... so is it possible that Denise was with Terry until 1982, but he kept the daughter several years longer?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean