CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
marti rulli (from GNGS): p. 289:

Dennis had always suggested to me that RJ had released the dinghy. I now, without a doubt, believe that he did.

*prior to this statement she explains at length just why NW couldn't have untied the dinghy... and she mentions too that NW was not known to operate the dinghy alone out of her fear of water... so that's another contradiction b/c didn't someone (maybe myself) post a snippet earlier about RW saying she did take the dinghy out alone?

Says Dennis. He could have untied the dingy as well. I'm not saying that RW couldn't have done it, just seems odd that people are so willing to believe an alcoholic and a liar who published a book on her death and tried to make money off of it.

Why are they both not suspect? Because his publisher who wasn't even there that night says so?

I actually have a lot of respect for Christopher Walken, I could be wrong about that of course since I don't know him. But he doesn't strike me as the kind of man who would cover up for RW killing his wife a dear friend of his.

DD says Natalie was a dear friend and yet he covered up her death for all these years? Then he moved in with her murderer? Some friend. :waitasec:

Says Dennis. He could have untied the dingy as well. I'm not saying that RW couldn't have done it, just seems odd that people are so willing to believe an alcoholic and a liar who published a book on her death and tried to make money off of it.

Why are they both not suspect? Because his publisher who wasn't even there that night says so?

I actually have a lot of respect for Christopher Walken, I could be wrong about that of course since I don't know him. But he doesn't strike me as the kind of man who would cover up for RW killing his wife a dear friend of his.

DD says Natalie was a dear friend and yet he covered up her death for all these years? Then he moved in with her murderer? Some friend. :waitasec:

Because the "alcoholic and liar" is the one coming forward with what he says is the truth and says he was lying, that's why. His statements are against his own interest, i.e. he could have continued the silence and no one would have brought it up in a significant way again.

Eve

Still doesn't make sense to me. I'm just wondering what kind of person would contribute to helping another person allowing someone to die. Maybe people on here are used to talking about dying but I would think a normal decent person would immediately go into panic mode and try to get help.

Not sit down and ignore someone's cries for help as they drowned and get drunk. It just sounds like a made up story for attention.

To me anyway. I also get the feeling that Lana pressed him so much for details that he started slipping up and saying things, especially if she plied him with alcohol. Then he realized he'd incriminated himself and tried to turn it all on to RW.

His statements are not against his own interest. Look at the way people bend over backwards to make excuses for him. He's not admitting he did something wrong, he's completely blaming it on RW. That's why I say I hope the PD has the balls to arrest him based on his own testimony. But then of course our guilty conscience of dear Mr DD conveniently waiting to come forward with his story until the statute of limitations ran out on all the things he could be charged with. What a coincidence. :)

That's what lines up for me. I guess we'll see it differently.

I have a lot of problems with a guy who would wait 28 - 30 years before coming forth with "the truth".

And he's an admitted liar.

:waitasec:

I still say there was something sinister going on that night and everyone is playing CYA (CMA - cover my ***?).

I'm not willing to blame one over the other when none of their stories make sense. Not even that of the "ear-witness". :banghead:

I have a lot of problems with a guy who would wait 28 - 30 years before coming forth with "the truth".

And he's an admitted liar.

:waitasec:

I still say there was something sinister going on that night and everyone is playing CYA (CMA - cover my ***?).

I'm not willing to blame one over the other when none of their stories make sense. Not even that of the "ear-witness". :banghead:

Agree. Problem with all three of them, their "stories" or lack thereof, and yes, even CW. But DD is the one who is "confessing" something here.

Is this kind of publicity along with what has to be a few meager book sales (if that), really worth this exposure after all that time?

Eve

I don't consider blaming someone else for something to be a "confession."

I don't consider blaming someone else for something to be a "confession."

Aw, Chewy, he said he lied, that they didn't seek help as they should have, at RW's direction, and that he allowed himself be under RW's control afterward. Is this something someone would lightly admit?

There's a lot of blame to go around, I suspect, but he has come forward. You say to sell books. How's that going for him? Do we have any idea?

He passed a poly, for whatever that is worth.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/natalie-wood-case-boat-captain-polygraph_n_1110324.html

He was wrong wrong wrong to be sure, but Wagner was her husband!

Eve

I actually don't think he did it to sell books per se. I wrote what I think happened above. JMO but I think over the years he told Lana bits of the story and changed up a lot of what happened. I think he's lied from the start.

IMO it doesn't make sense that NW would ever go to the dingy herself. He states he was on board listening to loud music to drown out their fighting. This is corroborated by the other boat. So it shows that NW would have known he was awake. Her dress suggests that she wasn't intending to go to shore. If she wanted to stop the dingy from banging, I think she would have gone to ask him to fix it. And so I think really what happened is that he was involved somehow. I think he untied the dingy. I think she may have fallen in or whatever.

And if they were friends, well, if my husband embarrassed me in front of my coworker and I had another friend on the boat, I probably would be upset and want to talk to someone. Think about it, your husband gets angry and ruins the evening smashing a wine bottle and asking CW "do you want to eff my wife!" All that fighting and upset would make it difficult for me to fall asleep. If I knew the guy had something to help me sleep I might go get it, or if I were drunk I might want to talk about it and have another drink.

I'd still like to know if that other wine bottle was found in the dingy. I think it's an important clue.

But I think he had something to do with her death. They spent the night previously in a hotel room together. He says she was a dear friend. She had just been fighting with RW.

I think he did something which is why he sat there and got drunk. Then he finds out later that others heard her cries in the water. And a drunk man say "Don't worry we're coming to get you." I think it was him.

IMO it aligns with his testimony if you look at it carefully and match up what others have stated as well.

CW states he saw NW go to bed. So did RW. CW doesn't say he heard NW arguing with RW on the boat afterwards, rather he and RW were arguing on the boat.

Only DD says it was NW and that RW was fighting with her and hearing banging sounds. CW does not report hearing her fighting with RW or hearing banging sounds. It was a small boat, he certainly would have heard her.

DD admits to giving Natalie Wood quaaludes and drugs. I have a feeling she went to get drugs from him and he did something to her and she fell overboard and DD panicked and let her drown.

When he was telling his story to Lana, I think he lied more, and let things slip by accident and she started pestering him for details. In the end he had to either blame it on RW or take the blame. So he blamed it on RW.

Also the note that was slipped in the other boat's mailbox could have come from DD because he was on the same sound stage. I can see him getting drunk and doing that.

It seems to me he had to alter his story when the witness on the other boat came out.

Has there been ANY news about this AT ALL since LE's announcement over a month ago?

I wonder if they are still pursuing it.

I would think there would be some sort of news. I mean, after 30 years they announced the investigation would be reopened, right before Thanksgiving.

They called a news conference. Made a big deal out of it. Then crickets.

I find that odd.

JMO

You say to sell books. How's that going for him? Do we have any idea?

GNGS is not ranked very high on amazon...

this book was not written to earn money or for attention imo.

btw, to my knowledge, RW has not attempted to sue DD and MR for libel/defamation of character... and celebs are notorious for suing publications like the national enquirer for a lot less than a neglect, assault or murder accusation... so why wouldn't RW sue these authors or try to stop publication/release if all this was untrue??

I would think there would be some sort of news. I mean, after 30 years they announced the investigation would be reopened, right before Thanksgiving.

"would be reopened"... does that mean right away?

maybe someone in LE can elaborate...

GNGS is not ranked very high on amazon...

this book was not written to earn money or for attention imo.

btw, to my knowledge, RW has not attempted to sue DD and MR for libel/defamation of character... and celebs are notorious for suing publications like the national enquirer for a lot less than a neglect, assault or murder accusation... so why wouldn't RW sue these authors or try to stop publication/release if all this was untrue??

Agree.

Eve

Why hold a press conference announcing the reopening of a case if it wasn't going to be reopened then?

If they had enough credible evidence to announce that the case would be reopened, I'm assuming it was reopened right away.

To announce it and then put it off without announcing the delay would make no sense to me.

JMO

Maybe they have been hard at work for the past 1.5 months and we just haven't heard anything yet.

I just find that odd after the big hoopla they made.

JMO

DeLuca decided to start an online petition calling for the case to be reopened, and together with Daverns coauthor, Marti Rulli, he gathered 800 signatures and sworn statements from Davern and other witnesses.

Bill McSweeney, chief of the Sheriffs Department Detective Division, says officials reopened the case out of obligation.

But in terms of evidence, he says,

nothing remarkable has surfaced?.?.?.?If there is a smoking gun, we haven't found it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/12/18/the-real-tragedy-of-natalie-wood.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back