CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In that case you would think it would have been investigated if she was held so hard that it caused bruises, must have been some force . Wondered if as it says in that article that the body could be bashed against a propeller.

from what i've read on this case it sounds like police were quick to wrap this case up as an accidental death. they saw the grieving RW and most likely didn't even (want to?) consider it might be something else or there was more to it. it seems that many things that should have been investigated further, weren't.

also i believe the people who studied the autopsy diagrams (were there pics taken? would they be available?) stated her bruises did not appear to have obtained while she was in the water as i stated a few posts above.

I think CW just went along with what RW told him. He was just establishing his career at the time and it doesn't seem like he'd want to rock the boat (no pun intended).

I believe that in GNGS Rulli did scrutinize the bruising aspect, and NW's bruises were not in places typical to climbing into and out of a dinghy.

BBM: his career was already established... we are talking about a man that, like Natalie Wood, got his start as a child actor. Between the stage and screen, by the time of her death he had long been in the acting business.

Who was the strongest and had most influence at that time, the boatman or the Hollywood star.

That's the rub.

It is obvious that DD was wrong and he says so himself.

BUT

RW was her husband.

RW was the boat owner.

Who had the biggest stake in the outcome?

RW.

I haven't seen anyone here give a pass to DD. It's just that RW's responsibility trumps his in this. IMO.

Eve

See this is what I mean. What does RW's behavior have to do with DD's behavior. This man has basically admitted that he knew she fell overboard and left her there to drown.

Then years later he writes a book about how he was complicit in manslaughter and everyone treats him like a hero.

RW can be the most evil man on the planet. DD was not a child when this happened. I don't see why you are all so willing to give him a pass on his admitted behavior just because you want to say RW was worse.

You act as if DD was a helpless child under the influence of the evil and powerful RW who held him captive by some mind control or something.

If someone told me that years ago they knew their friend had fallen overboard on the boat and they basically sat around and got drunk and let her die and then they decided to write a book about it, I'd be absolutely revolted.

I mean what is the difference between this and OJ Simpson's "If I did it" it's repulsive and immoral to support this guy just because he's finally coming clean. It boggles my mind.

Just have to add:

RW's behavior led to DD's behavior, according to DD, employed by RW. RW allegedly ordered no search, fall in with my version of events. Then gave DD a place to live and more jobs.

No one is saying DD is a hero or giving him a pass. But he is the one who has come forward!

Nope - not mind control...just a place to live, jobs on tv and no real inquiry into the death. This served DD at the time since as you have pointed out many times, he was culpable too.

I do not "support" him.

However, if I did support someone after they came clean, that might square with my ethics/spiritual/religious beliefs, as a matter of fact, and imo, would not be repulsive or immoral at all. It wouldn't necessarily negate their responsibility in the matter.

What is RW's responsibility in this, Chewy? Do you really believe DD's was greater?

Eve

BBM: his career was already established... we are talking about a man that, like Natalie Wood, got his start as a child actor. Between the stage and screen, by the time of her death he had long been in the acting business.

I'm referring to CW in my post--he was just getting his career established at that time.

RW, of course, was a long-time actor by then, and very well-connected. He makes sure that everyone knows that in his book. He drops names all over the place, and his list of "friends" consumes an entire page.

Brian Williams just said this is now an official "cold case"

broke 11 mins. ago

http://www.accesshollywood.com/natalie-wood-death-investigation-a-cold-case_article_58612

From your link:

now in the LASD cold case file and not going anywhere.
Whitmore told Access Hollywood he argued against announcing a new probe.

He called the reopening of the case in the actress' death 30 years ago a "one day deal," driven by book publicity.

*this is what I kinda thought was going on with the case- NOTHING

wow. so disappointing.

guess that press conference was for show only huh? (due to the petition)

even if nothing new came out of the re-investigation it would've been nice if LASD had actually conducted a thorough re-investigation rather than just pretend they were taking this seriously.

even if a re-investigation proved it truly was an accident (and isn't that the best of the outcomes possible?), that would've been better than this. with all the questions that have been swarming around her death all this time, NW deserves better... and if there was even a mere 1% chance it wasn't an accident, a proper re-investigation was warranted imo.

RIP Natalie

I, too, just got RW's book from my library, and reserved DD's book!! If I find anything pertainent to post from RW's book - I shall!

Yes, Looks like a very cold case - going no where....

Loved reading all the discussion about this case though!! Thanks everyone!! :seeya:

i just got the finstad book "natasha" that rulli discusses in her book from the library... still need to finish lana's book but i will still post anything relevant or interesting.

i'm still waiting on GNGS... book-- hurry up already!!! :crazy:

Doubt this case will ever be put to rest ,too many think there is more to it, at least eight hundred signatures to start with. There will always be a question mark over this no matter what the cops do. New information needed apparently You can't blame DD he was probably told at the time, thought about it later , away from the influence of RW and events did not add up. So better late than never. As said before who is the strongest the might of the Force and Hollywood or a minority seeking justice . At some point that missing piece might just come to light.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department says the Natalie Wood death investigation is not as cold as he previously told Access Hollywood on Wednesday afternoon.
What does this mean.

Steve Whitmore, a spokesperson for the LASD, now says despite his earlier comments suggesting the investigation was a cold case, it actually is "open and they are working on it."

Wow that's a complete 180! Same day no less!

Makes me wonder if he spoke the truth the first time, took some heat then had to go in CYA mode.

Makes me wonder if he spoke the truth the first time, took some heat then had to go in CYA mode.

Could be, keep it going a bit longer they might be thinking, then in the end still say not any fresh evidence , just a tragic accident.

But we really don't know for sure why that statement was contradictory.

Well, this is what he said first:

now in the LASD cold case file and not going anywhere.
Whitmore told Access Hollywood he argued against announcing a new probe.

He called the reopening of the case in the actress' death 30 years ago a "one day deal," driven by book publicity.

***Those are pretty stong words IMO.
Not something that was just taken wrong or that he mispoke.

This man seemed to backtrack quick.

IMO that tells me he shared more than they wanted him to and had to try to cover what he said.

IMO this case is going nowhere. What evidence is there after 30 years???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably
Back